The RIAA

Xero

Reaction score
Fuck the RIAA.

I just thought I'd let you guys know, for those of you who use p2p programs such as Kazaa Lite and whatnot, the RIAA's (Recording Industry Association of America) stupid threats are actually being acted on.

A friend of mine is being sued for 250,000 dollars. He currently has 15,000 songs downloaded. The RIAA is suing people for 2,000 dolalrs per song. Given that, he should have been sued for 30,000,000 (yes, thirty million) however, there is a legal set limit on how much they can sue for (250k i believe).

In otherwords, if you use file-sharing programs to get free music, be careful. The RIAA is suing around 100 people a day.

Yeah, fuck the RIAA.

Originally posted by Xero
In otherwords, if you use file-sharing programs to get free music, be careful. The RIAA is suing around 100 people a day.

Yeah, fuck the RIAA.

Gawd.. I miss the good ol' days of the LPs.. you, at least, paid for it with your hard-earned cash and listened to it with your friends. You couldn't snatch a song from any LPs... for once.. buy a CD instead of downloading from Kazaa. The hard working entertainers do expect to earn a cent! :mad2:

Freaky --

Funny thing, you know, out of all of that money they're suing people for, I bet you anything the entertainers don't see one cent of it. I'll all go to the lawyers and the RIAA to cover prosecuting costs.

Freaky --

Funny thing, you know, out of all of that money they're suing people for, I bet you anything the entertainers don't see one cent of it. I'll all go to the lawyers and the RIAA to cover prosecuting costs.

Xero.. it is supposed to stop the "el cheapo" downloaders that abuse Kazaa for their purposes. If the RIAA can stop that..they have accomplish their purpose.

I have been hearing about this for several weeks. Kazaalite v2.4.1 program owns RIAA for good lol. because it has a several new features called IP address block not only that has but disable for sharing files too. :)

a new kazaalite v2.4.1 has been released on july 24, 2003 or somehting like that

http://www.kazaalitekpp.com/ :cool: :cool:

they are fucking greddies... why in the world are they suing sharing users while they have a thousand of millions dollars in their pockets?

Last edited:
but doesnt some music programs require for you to be a paid member it is not exactly free.......unless you hack into it

Originally posted by Freaky
Xero.. it is supposed to stop the "el cheapo" downloaders that abuse Kazaa for their purposes. If the RIAA can stop that..they have accomplish their purpose.

Uhm, well, if the EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) is right, and there really are 60 million US people file-sharing, it's going to take a LONG time to get all of them.

Let's suppose the RIAA sues 75 people a day. 60,000,000/75 = 800,000 days to subpoena each person or 800,000 days/365 days in a year = 2191.78 years to subpoena each person

So now lets consider more realistic numbers. The RIAA plans to sue thousands of file sharers. Working in increments of 5000: 5,000 people/75 subpoenas a day = 66 days How are they going to keep track of all these lawsuits going on? 10,000 people/75 subpoenas a day = 133 days or about 2/3 of a year.

Keep in mind suing 10,000 people is still only going to impact only one six thousandth (1/6000) of the file traders out there

Yeah, it'll really affect us all.

GREAT PLAN RIAA!

Uhm, well, if the EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) is right, and there really are 60 million US people file-sharing, it's going to take a LONG time to get all of them.

Let's suppose the RIAA sues 75 people a day. 60,000,000/75 = 800,000 days to subpoena each person or 800,000 days/365 days in a year = 2191.78 years to subpoena each person

So now lets consider more realistic numbers. The RIAA plans to sue thousands of file sharers. Working in increments of 5000: 5,000 people/75 subpoenas a day = 66 days How are they going to keep track of all these lawsuits going on? 10,000 people/75 subpoenas a day = 133 days or about 2/3 of a year.

Keep in mind suing 10,000 people is still only going to impact only one six thousandth (1/6000) of the file traders out there

Yeah, it'll really affect us all.

GREAT PLAN RIAA!

of course RIAA is easying to track sharing users is IP ADDRESS that comes with music/movie/etc things. For example, I download you for music and got completely with your Ip address. that is how riaa got it. and RIAA won the court that judge ordered Bellsouth, earthlink, and etc companies to get some imformations that match those IP addresses that comes with real names and addresses. that is only way RIAA tracks sharing users

:shock: They r suing people.. how can the heck people can pay millions of dollars when they dont have it? People who download music on there are not exactly rich.. they would have jobs or live with parents while in h.s. or college. Geez...RIAA sounds like selfish and cares about money!

Originally posted by WildKaTReSS
:shock: They r suing people.. how can the heck people can pay millions of dollars when they dont have it? People who download music on there are not exactly rich.. they would have jobs or live with parents while in h.s. or college. Geez...RIAA sounds like selfish and cares about money!
RIAA is not going to win all against sharing users.. Some of sharing users wins in court.. :)

Originally posted by WildKaTReSS

Exactly my point!

That's why I made a "friendly reminder" by saying, "The Law's the Law."

People are aware of the copyright laws and it is their duty to respect the other people's properties. But once they download a copyrighted material without paying for it, they are breaking the law.

Break the law, you pay the price.

RIAA isn't being selfish, and music industries are losing billions every year because of the file-sharing programs. I would sue people if they were stealing my copyrighted materials without paying for them.

Do you think a rapist should his sentence reduced by 2 years because he feel he don't deserve a harsh sentence?

If you don't want to get sued for $250,000 then don't download copyrighted materials without paying for them.

Losing billions? Stars going broke?

I haven't seen Fred Durst or Marilyn Manson out on the street with a tin cup lately, so...I call bullshit~

Go watch MTV's Cribs, and you'll understand just how small of an impact file-sharing is really having on the music industry. They're just greedy bastards, they can live without an extra million, seeing as they can and do make OVER that amount with just a few concerts here and there every year.

Originally posted by Psycrow
Losing billions? Stars going broke?

I haven't seen Fred Durst or Marilyn Manson out on the street with a tin cup lately, so...I call bullshit~

Go watch MTV's Cribs, and you'll understand just how small of an impact file-sharing is really having on the music industry. They're just greedy bastards, they can live without an extra million, seeing as they can and do make OVER that amount with just a few concerts here and there every year.

Just because they can live without an extra million does not make it right.

That's not the point.

As far I am concerned, stealing is stealing. There's no right in them.

matrix sez: "Some of sharing users wins in court.. "

perhaps you'll be kind enough to tell us what argument they'll be using to defend themselves? some of us would like to be prepared.

(Note: even first-year law students will tell you these excuses won't fly: "everybody else does it', the artists are filthy rich", the RIAA is greedy", oops, I accidentally down loaded them")

crow sez: "Go watch MTV's Cribs, and you'll understand just how small of an impact file-sharing is really having on the music industry. They're just greedy bastards, they can live without an extra million, seeing as they can and do make OVER that amount with just a few concerts here and there every year."

the problem is, records sales have dropped to historic lows (when measured against the total population). hmm . . .

Jeez that to much. My cousin in LA dl musics from kazaa lite so i gotta warn her. I just buy my own. Dont be cheap ppl.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Bush_in_2004!
matrix sez: "Some of sharing users wins in court.. "

perhaps you'll be kind enough to tell us what argument they'll be using to defend themselves? some of us would like to be prepared.

(Note: even first-year law students will tell you these excuses won't fly: "everybody else does it', the artists are filthy rich", the RIAA is greedy", oops, I accidentally down loaded them")

One sharing user won in court because he has own 100,000 songs that he paid... he made copying all music and put in sharing folder, in case the original was damaging. Not only that but, people download his music which is he is not do anything wrong. According to copyrights warning, it says use private home only. Let me get some news that sharing users win in court...

I have a great example for you, BLOCKBUSTER stores, every store bought one movie called Matrix VHS, blockbuster has a right making copying matrix for extra tapes so people can rent it. Why did someone sue not blockbuster? Because blockbuster paid it, and has a right to copying, more than one in case the original was damaging. Not only that but the law says sale or rent movie is only private home only. That is why many people started setting a business for video stores :) I will get copyright warning information

Last edited:
matrix and everybody,

here's an update on the RIAA situation . . .

the RIAA is only suing people who downloaded songs, then allowed people to upload from their computer (ie: through kazaa).

so, if you've only downloaded, you're off the hook (for now!).

(of course, if you PAID for songs and allowed people to upload, then you will have to hire a lawyer to argue your case. I'd be curious to know how much money everybody has put aside for a $200/hr copyright attorney?)

Back