The Origins of Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I am claiming I don't know. That I am unsure.

I see you are quick to judge as usual.

If you don't know if you made a choice to be a heterosexual, then how can you say that people choose to be otherwise?

I have to agree with Herman Cain. If you are going to claim homosexuality is not a choice, show the science proving it.

Show the science proving that people didnt choose to be straight. Being straight is a choice.

Yes.

Any more questions?

Ok, you chose to be heterosexual so that means I did as well.

Does that mean the others who chose not to be are wrong?

If they werent wrong, then why arent they allowed to marry?

You can access studies on Google. Advanced. If you can translate the medical jargon, it's all there.
Why is it that people love to make laws telling others what to do, laws that aren't even a matter of safety, etc etc. People with power love any excuse to wield that power. Hence, they picked on gay marriage to say no just because they can.

You can access studies on Google. Advanced. If you can translate the medical jargon, it's all there.
Why is it that people love to make laws telling others what to do, laws that aren't even a matter of safety, etc etc. People with power love any excuse to wield that power. Hence, they picked on gay marriage to say no just because they can.

More like people who "want power" but have never had any.:P

If you don't know if you made a choice to be a heterosexual, then how can you say that people choose to be otherwise?

I am not saying that. I am saying that if you are claiming it is not a choice, there should be scientific proof.

If there is no scientific proof, it is a matter of opinion.

I am not saying that. I am saying that if you are claiming it is not a choice, there should be scientific proof.

Is there scientific proof to prove that it is a choice?

Where is it? Where is the empirical scientific proof?

If there is none, then it is a matter of opinion.

Just curious .. can you provide empirical scientific proof that homosexuality is a choice (0% chance that it is pre-designed by DNA, hormones, brain function etc.)?

Oops, a little late with my question, seems others are thinking the same way. Didn't intend to be repetitive.

fine, then it is all a choice...

Then why can heteorsexual people can marry but homosexual cant?

Why?

fine, then it is all a choice...

Then why can heteorsexual people can marry but homosexual cant?

Why?

Because homosexual marriage will look like so much fun that all the straight people will rush to change their orientation so they can do it too. :P

There is scientific proof. And this proof is just as compelling...if you didn't make a conscious choice to be a hetero, how can you possibly say that someone makes a conscious choice to be a homo? Just another case of "Hey, it doesn't apply to me!":roll: You keep trying to impose your morality on others when you can't even solidly explain why you are heterosexual.:D

Number one rule in debate: for your argument to be effective, even valid, you must anticipate any corners you back yourself into, and have valid rebuttals ready. Rebuttals must also be statements, not vague "explanations."

Is there scientific proof to prove that it is a choice?

Is there scientific evidence to prove it is voluntary? Not the distinction between Libertas and Liberum Arbitrium - is it voluntary?

Why would someone choose to be a Christian in a non christian environement, and open themselves up to ridicule and scorn? Are they a voluntary Christian? (apply that to any religion).

Is there scientific evidence to prove it is voluntary? Not the distinction between Libertas and Liberum Arbitrium - is it voluntary?

Why would someone choose to be a Christian in a non christian environement, and open themselves up to ridicule and scorn? Are they a voluntary Christian? (apply that to any religion).

What the F*** does any of that have to do with sexual orientation?:laugh2: There is not anything biological that can be tied to religious beliefs.:lol:

Off topic, but weird see jillio swear, even with stars. Like your kindergarten teacher or grandma swearing. Disorienting. Lol.

people don't "choose" to be gay, bi, or lesbian. they are just born this way and hormones make them attracted to who they are attracted to. you can't choose what gives you pleasure.

gay people don't choose to be gay or any other sexuality. they are just born into it- END OF STORY.

people don't "choose" to be gay, bi, or lesbian. they are just born this way and hormones make them attracted to who they are attracted to. you can't choose what gives you pleasure.

gay people don't choose to be gay or any other sexuality. they are just born into it- END OF STORY.

Go talk to jillio, she has been asked over and over to post the medically accepted test name that proves your statement. The AMA has no such test and that is why no posting in reply. Yes, the AMA accepts a test to prove gender at birth. But NO, there is no test to prove a person is born straight, no test to prove a person is born gay, no test to prove a person is born bi, no test to price a person is born lesbian.
Since it can't be done, your statement can't be true.
End of story!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back