The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still headache and short to sleep happened change difficult!

i dont know where to go for thanksgiving...

my family wants me to go, my friends invited me, my coworkers invited me..

too many, too much to think, and how..

umm..

I will be spending it in...........NorCal. San Mateo to be exact.

I am trying to get myself out of this piss poor bad mood. It's been lingering for a week now and I can tell you if it hangs around for very long, it can turn a person bitter.

Had a friend give me a new telephone today. Now, this friend knows that I am deaf and need a special telephone, but that I don't usually use one anymore. I use a captioned phone, a CapTel. She gives me this brand new, still in the box, never been used, amplified telephone and thinks I can use it and be able to talk to her on the phone. I tried to tell her it wouldn't help me, but she didn't understand how a person could not benefit from a telephone. The worst of it is, it came from the Florida Telecommunications Relay and I'm not sure if it was a loaner or something that was bought. She got it from her hubby's co-worker. this co-worker had just gotten it and within days had a series of strokes then a heart attack. The man is now in a nursing home and they have provided him with a telephone there.

Not sure what to do, but I will try to figure it out.

yeah, people do that. It's funny.

As far as the telephone I mentioned goes, I did find out that it was on loan from the Florida Telecommunications Relay, Inc and I have called them about it. They are sending me the mailing box with postage so I can send it to them.

Now, my dessktop computer crashed yesterday and I am using my little netbook. I hate this tiny keyboard. Hopefully, the Geek Squad at Best Buy will have it ready on Monday.

As far as the telephone I mentioned goes, I did find out that it was on loan from the Florida Telecommunications Relay, Inc and I have called them about it. They are sending me the mailing box with postage so I can send it to them.

Now, my dessktop computer crashed yesterday and I am using my little netbook. I hate this tiny keyboard. Hopefully, the Geek Squad at Best Buy will have it ready on Monday.
Did you know that an extenal keyboard with USB input can be used to plug it in the laptop?

Is it because the ocean air in SD suits you? :lol:

Nope. I'm still here in Maryland. I had to quit the coffee because it was jacking up my metabolism. :doh:I'm trying to loose some weight and I can't do it while i'm on the bean.

Good to be home again after being away a couple days. I saw a raccoon dart through a wall I am building in the kitchen as I was coming in, and felt disappointed he didn't give me time to say Hello. :lol:
:lol: Reminds me of Edgar Allan Poe's "The Cask of Amontillado" (I think)...don't wall that racoon up!

Nope. I'm still here in Maryland. I had to quit the coffee because it was jacking up my metabolism. :doh:I'm trying to loose some weight and I can't do it while i'm on the bean.

Ah, yeah, saw your response elsewhere. Good to see you. Cali's on the back burner for now....okayyy, best wishes to you....

Hi Everyone!! :wave: How have you been doing? I've been extremely busy and it has been forever since I've been on AD. I've been working and been going out at deaf events meeting deaf/hard of hearing people in my hometown, it has been a blast!! Hope all of you are doing great and wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving..

Hello Cheri! I hope you are doing well!

I am pretty well I got flu and happened hitting sick! that is why! i am pretty sound! i am feeling better!

Hi everyone (including Cheri)!
I just wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanks-fur-giving and that you all have a safe holiday whether you are traveling, staying home with your family (or friends) or perhaps going to Disneyland, CA. ;)
I am leaving for NYC for Thanksgiving (tomorrow), to be with my family. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

P.S. Don't eat too much turkey! :lol:

Last edited:
I am happy proud of facebook open remove 2 day whew I learn mistake respect to law! I mistake my fault once time serious!! not joke!I am happy back alive my account! lucky!!!

I am vegging out here at home as my DD is on Thanksgiving break. The job hunt will have to halt for the week and will resume in full swing next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back