The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
A jeep is not worth it because of a poor design for a gas tank protection. The Jeep Company has not been upgraded a new protection for many years because the company wants to save the money than saving drivers.

I remember one of my high school students was killed in a car accident that blew up from her gas tank. Her truck was burnt dark black. I heard someone saying that her body smelled like a chicken.

A jeep is not worth it because of a poor design for a gas tank protection. The Jeep Company has not been upgraded a new protection for many years because the company wants to save the money than saving drivers.

I remember one of my high school students was killed in a car accident that blew up from her gas tank. Her truck was burnt dark black. I heard someone saying that her body smelled like a chicken.

you sure you're not confusing it with Ford cars?

oh my lordy! How did your jeep do in that terrible accident? did it protect you like a tank?

what did you end up getting?

Well we all did good in the accident. I was driving... I stopped to make a left hand turn, Had my blinker on and everything. The lady did not even see me stopped to wait for the car to go by so I could make my left hand turn. She did not even hit the brakes. The whole jeep was buckled. Could not even open the door. The gas tank was pushed so far up I was lucky.

My son was in the back seat, daughter was in the front seat, All wearing our seat belts of course.

Dang jeep seat belts locks up in a second. My daughter had suffered from whip lash. I had a contusion on the left side of my head from watching the car in the other lane to pass me so I could make that turn. My head hit the back of my seat so hard. Son was just shook up. We all had to go to the ER to get checked due to the impact was so hard.

I just remember hitting my head. And wondering what was that! My daughter screamed and started crying, along with my son. Took me a second to even realize what happened. The guy that I was waiting to pass to make my left hand turn seen it and ran to our aide. Then he ran to the other car. He was great. He even killed the horn on the other car that got stuck.

I currently own a Subaru Legacy.

:lol: Mom Mobile! That little car is also a good one.

Well we all did good in the accident. I was driving... I stopped to make a left hand turn, Had my blinker on and everything. The lady did not even see me stopped to wait for the car to go by so I could make my left hand turn. She did not even hit the brakes. The whole jeep was buckled. Could not even open the door. The gas tank was pushed so far up I was lucky.

My son was in the back seat, daughter was in the front seat, All wearing our seat belts of course.

Dang jeep seat belts locks up in a second. My daughter had suffered from whip lash. I had a contusion on the left side of my head from watching the car in the other lane to pass me so I could make that turn. My head hit the back of my seat so hard. Son was just shook up. We all had to go to the ER to get checked due to the impact was so hard.

I just remember hitting my head. And wondering what was that! My daughter screamed and started crying, along with my son. Took me a second to even realize what happened. The guy that I was waiting to pass to make my left hand turn seen it and ran to our aide. Then he ran to the other car. He was great. He even killed the horn on the other car that got stuck.

Wow! I am sorry about your situation. Subaru is very good one.

:eek3: wow hell of a story. but a happy ending!

I'm still thinking... and thinking..... I've decided on Rubi but wondering if it's really good idea to buy it when the company just filed for bankruptcy? :hmm:

Understood perfectly clearly, Jeep went though and survived two prior bankruptcies. I would still buy anyway because there is deeply rich in history and community that involves in Jeep. Jeep might be sold to other investor and keep it survive.

I'm still thinking... and thinking..... I've decided on Rubi but wondering if it's really good idea to buy it when the company just filed for bankruptcy? :hmm:

Understood perfectly clearly, Jeep went though and survived two prior bankruptcies. I would still buy anyway because there is deeply rich in history and community that involves in Jeep. Jeep might be sold to other investor and keep it survive.

2??????? whoa! :eek3: Now that just gave me a boost in confidence. what's next is to find a dirt-cheap deal from closing dealerships!

2??????? whoa! :eek3: Now that just gave me a boost in confidence. what's next is to find a dirt-cheap deal from closing dealerships!

Dirt cheap deals. But perhaps a lot of discontinued parts?? :dunno:

No way discountinued parts, still can get parts for even '50's Jeep! So discontinued parts isn't going to happen in Jeep Wranglers. But yes can happen to Liberty, Grand Cherokee, Patriot, etc.

Dirt cheap deals. But perhaps a lot of discontinued parts?? :dunno:

yes, Willy-Overland was sold to Kaiser, then Kaiser went bankruptcy, sold to AMC (American Motor Corp), AMC then went into Bankruptcy, Chrysler went undergoing bankruptcy bought that Jeep. Chrysler was smart enough to keep Wagoneer and Wranglers, threw away the rest, like eagle, Telfon, etc. Now Chrysler is undergoing bankruptcy...

Wagoneer is known as Cherokee, Back then it was CJ, now we called it Wrangler.

I just found out that there is a new 3rd generation of Prius that just came in.
It has a solar roof, 51/48 mpg, gps, and the price's range is between $22k to $27k.

I believe that some new Prius cars are not included the solar panel roof, and they have available solar roof for an additional price. Ouch! The 3rd Generation Toyota Prius Hybrid models and prices

Perhaps, you might want to drive a Suzuki SX4 Crossover for a test. It cost $18k which included a GPS, probably sunroof, maybe a DVD player (?), etc... It is 22/30 mpg, and it is not quite that great gas miles as long as the price is lower if a dealer is willing to accept it. I hate all car dealers, and they are losers especially crooks.

Suzuki Auto

I forgot to look at the rear brakes. It is better to have a car that has all disc brakes which is easier to replace them. The drum brakes are real pain the ass to adjust the brakes manually.

diehardbiker - Thank you for showing us the link.

Perhaps, you might want to drive a Suzuki SX4 Crossover for a test. It cost $18k which included a GPS, probably sunroof, maybe a DVD player (?), etc... It is 22/30 mpg, and it is not quite that great gas miles as long as the price is lower if a dealer is willing to accept it. I hate all car dealers, and they are losers especially crooks.

Suzuki Auto

I forgot to look at the rear brakes. It is better to have a car that has all disc brakes which is easier to replace them. The drum brakes are real pain the ass to adjust the brakes manually.

diehardbiker - Thank you for showing us the link.

I used to look into buy a Sukuzi Aero but my friends told me not to buy it because it is small, but it looks big to me and also I don't know their reliabity records. They stopped making that model and I don't know what happened to it. The Aero didn't last long in production and I don't see many on the road today. Sukuzi seems to make different models and change to different ones. Honda has had the Civic since 1970's, same with the Accord.

Suzuki made alot bad decisions and designs in the past. The worst one was Suzuki Samauri, they attempt to duplicate Jeep but failed miserable. They got the worst roll over accidents and rating in history. They stopped produce them, yet GM decided to buy it and redesign it into what is now called Tracker.

I personally would stay away from Suzuki, KIA

I used to look into buy a Sukuzi Aero but my friends told me not to buy it because it is small, but it looks big to me and also I don't know their reliabity records. They stopped making that model and I don't know what happened to it. The Aero didn't last long in production and I don't see many on the road today. Sukuzi seems to make different models and change to different ones. Honda has had the Civic since 1970's, same with the Accord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back