The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a bad thing? :Ohno:

Heheh, well, the colder the air is below your body temperature, the more energy your body puts into keeping your vital systems warm, and it takes away from your immune system, so you are more likely to get sick =o

I spent a long time today at the dentist too. I had a temporary crown made as I broke a molar yesterday. In one week I go back and got the permanent crown, plus have x-rays and full exam. Yuck!:(

dont tell me to think about dentist. Its my nightmare.

Mine too. And he looked concerned when he tapped one of my top teeth. I think I may be having more work besides the crown.

Pity me!

Ugh, I need to go to dentist really bad. The toothache pain is driving me nuts. I'm going in tomorrow. I hopefully need to get a copy of most recent paystubs so I can prove them that I qualify for the income limit for the discount.

I was saying what a good experience I had with the oral surgeon, but I was under general sedation, so I wasn't even aware of the passage of time. I sat in the chair, and the next thing I knew, they said I was finished and I was on my way home! The dentist is a completely different story. I just hate being there awake having people working in my mouth. It's torture to me!

I was saying what a good experience I had with the oral surgeon, but I was under general sedation, so I wasn't even aware of the passage of time. I sat in the chair, and the next thing I knew, they said I was finished and I was on my way home! The dentist is a completely different story. I just hate being there awake having people working in my mouth. It's torture to me!

Sounds charming.

interesting... but just a small warning even though you've got no cavity - using Listerine/anti-septic wash daily COULD be harmful because it will cause your gum to recede and your mouth skin to develop allergy/ulcer eventually. the burning sensation you're feeling in your mouth is killing your healthy cells.

No cavities! "Your teeth are in perfect health." they said. 'nuff said.

No cavities! "Your teeth are in perfect health." they said. 'nuff said.

and then he'll reap in profits by saying - oh looks like you need a denture/implants. That is far more lucrative than cavity fills. :laugh2:

Do oral surgeons pay a lot for referrals?

dentist can be oral surgeon. My dentist was also an oral surgeon and he does it all, including braces and cleaning. IMO - that's not a real profitable way to run the business.... oh well. I don't go to him anymore. I go to my gf's office for free.

dentist can be oral surgeon. My dentist was also an oral surgeon and he does it all, including braces and cleaning. IMO - that's not a real profitable way to run the business.... oh well. I don't go to him anymore. I go to my gf's office for free.

Oh, you're lucky!

That's right, my mom had a dentist like that too. I'd forgotten. He was also a licensed anaesthesiologist :shock: I can't imagine how long he must have been in university!

Oh, you're lucky!

That's right, my mom had a dentist like that too. I'd forgotten. He was also a licensed anaesthesiologist :shock: I can't imagine how long he must have been in university!

damn... sucks to be him... some dentists are just not business-oriented. my gf's uncle is also a dentist and hired her as well. I don't know about you but I've never heard of a lucrative dentist raking in over few million dollars per year. he owns 4 condos (2 in Miami, 1 in NYC Central Park, 1 somewhere)... and lives in a million dollars mansion near me. At his office - it's 1 oral surgeon, 1 hygienist, 1 technician (x-ray/radiology/whatever), and 2 dentists (my gf and himself). Now that's business....

Dentist like yours is probably a kind friendly fellow who takes a great care and pleasure in what he's doing. Probably knew patients by names instead of $$$. That's the kind of man I like and that's why I like my old dentist. Maybe when we break up - I'll go back to him. :cool2:

damn... sucks to be him... some dentists are just not business-oriented. my gf's uncle is also a dentist and hired her as well. I don't know about you but I've never heard of a lucrative dentist raking in over few million dollars per year. he owns 4 condos (2 in Miami, 1 in NYC Central Park, 1 somewhere)... and lives in a million dollars mansion near me. At his office - it's 1 oral surgeon, 1 hygienist, 1 technician (x-ray/radiology/whatever), and 2 dentists (my gf and himself). Now that's business....

Dentist like yours is probably a kind friendly fellow who takes a great care and pleasure in what he's doing. Probably knew patients by names instead of $$$. That's the kind of man I like and that's why I like my old dentist. Maybe when we break up - I'll go back to him. :cool2:

Since my first visit to his office, I've been very impressed with it, starting with the fact that his staff are very well trained in how to communicate with deaf/hoh in a town where most people don't even know what that means.

Since my first visit to his office, I've been very impressed with it, starting with the fact that his staff are very well trained in how to communicate with deaf/hoh in a town where most people don't even know what that means.

:thumb::ily:

Hello, since this thread have hit 100 pages. Please do not post anymore. Consider this thread locked as of right now.

I will create new thread, and it will be part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back