The Last Stand for the Deaf in California

is your battery dead, foxrac?

I hope not because Amelia Earhart's life depends on it

It's a joke. DUH! My kid has bilateral implants and ASL is her first language. (Man, some people just don't get it :roll:)

Good for you.

You and kokonut don't know about what is my childhood in past.

I was born HoH and hearing aid works so good until I turned into 3 years old and had bad ear infection that caused became profound deaf and hearing aids do barely work until I was around 7 years old. I learned to use SEE (sign language with full English) when I was 3 years old and not learn about ASL until late 90's and early 2000's. There are some CI users are sign in ASL as well, some of them that I know don't success in oral language. For me, I'm former CI user and I'm proud to be deaf.

Trying to understand the point here....so it is 7K for normal hearing students and 80K for deaf students. Now what?

The school I listed is the local school for the deaf. It would appear California has a great deal of waste... I say appear. :dunno:

The school I listed is the local school for the deaf. It would appear California has a great deal of waste... I say appear. :dunno:

OIC, a local school for the deaf as in a residential school or a regular public school that has a deaf unit in it and pair students with interpreters?

When I retired from the school (residential) for the deaf here in Riverside 4 yrs ago, the per annum cost of educating our students hovered around 45K...per head.

OIC, a local school for the deaf as in a residential school or a regular public school that has a deaf unit in it and pair students with interpreters?

When I retired from the school (residential) for the deaf here in Riverside 4 yrs ago, the per annum cost of educating our students hovered around 45K...per head.

Not residential. And it is a rather poor school too sadly. There is a thread on AD about it due to it's financial mismanagement.

Not residential. And it is a rather poor school too sadly. There is a thread on AD about it due to it's financial mismanagement.

Too bad about that school....at any rate, to compare it with residential isn't gonna work so....

It wasn't even about you, Foxrac. It was about the cost of the two together. CI + ASL.

Or did you not noticed my emoticon back there?

It wasn't even about you, Foxrac. It was about the cost of the two together. CI + ASL.

Or did you not noticed my emoticon back there?

Oh okay, I must be misunderstood and you are not quote to my post.

Just ignore my post, anyway.

I don't find that's funny about CI users with ASL.

I'm offended by kokonut and faire mocked my post over CI and ASL.

You completely misunderstood. Maybe you and Matzalan should be roomies? :D

I don't find that's funny about CI users with ASL.

I'm offended by kokonut and faire mocked my post over CI and ASL.

report their post and file a grievance letter.

While there is waste here just like anywhere else, practically, my specific school wasn't that way....

Hey I'm from Ohio. I know all about schools wasting money. Just that some states are worse than others

Back