The Homeless

Local project went well today....saw some new faces too. Good stuff.

While it's true they can get a job at Mcdonalds, anybody can work at Mcdonad's. It don't take much skill to work there. He is however trying to give them a good skill they can depend on to find and hold on to a good job while making decent money.
Sadly, there are some people out there who absolutely refuse to work because it goes against their beliefs...

I knew a guy who went through 3 jobs in such a short time. Got a landscaping job, but quit before his first day. Got a "summer camp" counselor job, but decided to not show up without telling them anything. He even worked at a fast food restaurant for less than a week before quitting.

His reason? He strongly believed he would become a famous actor and... "Actors don't work." he says. :roll:

Sadly, there are some people out there who absolutely refuse to work because it goes against their beliefs...

I knew a guy who went through 3 jobs in such a short time. Got a landscaping job, but quit before his first day. Got a "summer camp" counselor job, but decided to not show up without telling them anything. He even worked at a fast food restaurant for less than a week before quitting.

His reason? He strongly believed he would become a famous actor and... "Actors don't work." he says. :roll:

And where is he now? I am sure he had a major attitude adjustment.
I was homeless for almost two years and I can assure you he is in the tiniest of minorities. Everyone I knew took what work they could, and walked miles and miles each day seeking it.

And where is he now? I am sure he had a major attitude adjustment.
I was homeless for almost two years and I can assure you he is in the tiniest of minorities. Everyone I knew took what work they could, and walked miles and miles each day seeking it.

Yeah the people I have met so far fall into roughly 4 groups

Those that want to work
Those that DO work but don't make enough to live
Those that consider themselves independent travelers enjoying their freedom (Young usually)
And those that are so drugged or crazy they don't even know they are homeless.

As for McDonalds......It depends on what area you live in. In Texas a person working at McDonalds can rent an apartment by themselves on their income.....a crappy one but still

In California, one would be hard pressed to pay their grocery bill with their income.....an apartment on their own? no way.

Yeah the people I have met so far fall into roughly 4 groups

Those that want to work
Those that DO work but don't make enough to live
Those that consider themselves independent travelers enjoying their freedom (Young usually)
And those that are so drugged or crazy they don't even know they are homeless.

As for McDonalds......It depends on what area you live in. In Texas a person working at McDonalds can rent an apartment by themselves on their income.....a crappy one but still

In California, one would be hard pressed to pay their grocery bill with their income.....an apartment on their own? no way.

Come to think of it, I agree. I started out as a druggie but worked my way up the ranks. There are distinct groups or clans within the homeless community and you seek out your own kind. Interesting.

Come to think of it, I agree. I started out as a druggie but worked my way up the ranks. There are distinct groups or clans within the homeless community and you seek out your own kind. Interesting.

That statement is more widely applicable and profound than most will even realize. Nicely done.

Back