The Flu....

Lau2046

Reaction score
I've had it for a week and I'm still dealing with the chronic headache, cough, and stuffy nose. My mother suggested I go to urgent care but then changed her mind and said wait till Monday. Since November of 2015, I've been dealing with one thing after another and now this. I'm so tired of being sick. I'm seriously going to have to improve my diet and get back into shape. The bummer is I had the flu shot but this is probably a different strain. No fun....

Laura

ughh, no fun, sorry to read! I had either a cold or the flu a few weeks ago and my cough - finally - went away. I've also been dealing with other things and back and forth with primary care and urgent care. I did avoid the flu shot, haven't taken it since college.:hug: do you have things like hot tea/juice or other immune-boosting things to take? Due to bladder inflammation <the "other things" I just mentioned> I can't have anything citrus or anything with caffeine or acid so it did make whatever I had, harder to deal with. Hope you feel better soon!

If I went to urgent care I would end picking something else up on top of the flu. I hope you'll feel better real soon. I agree being sick is no fun at all !

A friend of mine in CT has been fighting a cold for two weeks. He went to the Dr last week and it was a sinus infection so they put him on some heavy drugs. I usually just let my colds/flu run their course even if it is a few weeks but there is a point where it might be something more and require some stronger meds to go after it.

Laura I hope that you get over the flu soon and can begin to build up your strength again.

I have two kids in daycare. They don't call it the germ factory for nothing! I've been sick all winter. Hope you feel better soon!

I hope you recover and be healthy once again Laura.

Thank you, I've been drinking water and Matcha which is a powered forum of green tea. You put very little into hot water and mix. It's supposed to be very good for you but try as I may, my head is killing me. It won't stop me from watching the Walking Dead tonight but God help me if I feel like this Tuesday when I'm back at work. I plan to go to the doctor tomorrow to see if I can get something to help relieve my headache....

Can't wait for the good weather to return so I can start taking walks again. :) Nice to see the day when I leave work late too......

The germ factory does serve a purpose though
What doesn't kill you,makes you stronger....

Back