the first deaf president???

peekaboo

Reaction score
We all would love to see this happen... Do you think this will ever happen in this lifetime? I am optimistic and want the world to see us as equals. I know we have a long ways to go.
I had dreamt of being a President but I know I am nowhere fit to be one. However, I think people with disabilities should take on the world and show the hearing people what WE can actually do things that they cant do, I truly believe we all were put on this earth for a reason.
The hearing people do not really see us as equals "the DA", I don't think they ever will. I am not putting down the hearing people because not all are bad. I just have my points of view on some of them that do not really see us as human beings. They see us as being broken. Not all do, but most do. Which is sad, because we all have the ability to share our thoughts, ideas, be creative and use the tools that we have to truly be a part of something great.
If you were President... what would be the first thing you would change?

I love the idea! There are enormous cognitive advantages to being Deaf that many people don't have. I like to think about how those advantages might play out in a presidency. :)

If I were President, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the fella for that role, I'd start by giving everyone free cookies and free cotillion.

I love the idea of free cookies. :thumb: I know we had President RDF who was in a wheelchair and a Black President Obama... Why not a deaf President? :) Shoot , who knows, maybe a woman President? :dunno2:

No that dont count I am afraid. :D hahahha.... but good answer! :)

If I was the DeafBlind president I would ban factory farming, abortion and all animal experiments. I would also have a Bibi approach. Encourage all infants to learn ASL particularly ALL deaf and HOH infants.

Although I'm not sure I would make a good president.
What I'd really like to see is the first VEGAN president!

If I was the DeafBlind president I would ban factory farming, abortion and all animal experiments. I would also have a Bibi approach. Encourage all infants to learn ASL particularly ALL deaf and HOH infants.

agree with you answer. for sure , for sure!!!!

There are very different ways and reasons involved in all the things you say should be banned. There are sooo many different ways of doing large scale farming. Animal experiments are done for many different reasons including ones to help our animal population. Abortions are done for many different reasons. Another problem brought on by banning all is the reemergence of what were known at "back alley abortions" and the additional loss of life and complications.

I love the idea!
o.png

Back