The ballad of william sycamore (an old poem)

Thanks for sharing. Very descriptive word pictures. When did you first experience this poem?

I hadn't thought about Stephen Vincent Benét in a long time. I wonder if schools teach his works anymore?

Thanks for sharing. Very descriptive word pictures. When did you first experience this poem?

I hadn't thought about Stephen Vincent Benét in a long time. I wonder if schools teach his works anymore?
It was during my nightmarish high school years I read the poem. (Nightmarish in retrospect, tsk tsk.) You ask when I experienced this poem? Dang, lady, nothing like that, but getting there. ;)
I am certain it has been replaced by the latest I-Phone games in schools. Ah well.

It was during my nightmarish high school years I read the poem. (Nightmarish in retrospect, tsk tsk.) You ask when I experienced this poem? Dang, lady, nothing like that, but getting there. ;)
I am certain it has been replaced by the latest I-Phone games in schools. Ah well.
Sorry--maybe I should have asked when you were exposed to it or when you read it. :lol:

Back