The Bacon Truck Delivers!

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
They cook and serve burgers and bacon in suburban neighborhoods, downtown, special events--all kinds of places!

http://www.bacnmecrazy.com

I never knew about this until I saw this picture of my younger grandson (bacon fan) on his street.

Not for a healthy lifestyle but a fun occasional treat. :)

bacon.jpg

There is a Mexican food truck in my city and I watched them set up once and reminded myself never to eat there ! I was :eek3: and wondering if the health department
saw the way they set up .

That's cool. Food trucks are really a big thing right now. We are about to have a big festival downtown here as they start getting set up for the season.

Oh, is that a real beard on your grandson?? He looks like the old group ZZTop, (I think that's what it was called.)

Where I live there are like 3 food trucks but they are all Mexican food so not a lot of Oregonian eat there. But they are super popular with the Californian that move up to Oregon. I have never eatten at a food truck

Where I live there are like 3 food trucks but they are all Mexican food so not a lot of Oregonian eat there. But they are super popular with the Californian that move up to Oregon. I have never eatten at a food truck
I use to go to Telegraph Ave in Berkeley, Cal. and there was a lot of food trucks there some were very good , there were a lot of cool shops along the street . I took my mom there when she visited from Ma. and she liked the shops .

That's cool. Food trucks are really a big thing right now. We are about to have a big festival downtown here as they start getting set up for the season.

Oh, is that a real beard on your grandson?? He looks like the old group ZZTop, (I think that's what it was called.)
Yes, that's his real beard. Heh, heh, I know ZZ Top.

He won't have his beard much longer. In August he'll start attending The Citadel in Charleston. The cadets' first year there they are called Knobs. The reason is, they have to be clean shaven and they get their heads shaved. He'll look a lot different! :lol:

There is a Mexican food truck in my city and I watched them set up once and reminded myself never to eat there ! I was :eek3: and wondering if the health department
saw the way they set up .
All the food trucks here have to be inspected just like restaurants, and they have to display their rating at the front door.

A bacon truck? We have a Jamaican food truck here, but I haven't heard of a bacon truck! This looks cool.

All the food trucks here have to be inspected just like restaurants, and they have to display their rating at the front door.
I didn't see anything on this food truck . My city is a joke when it come to enforcing the rules or laws on some things.

When I worked for the Health Department, there was only a few days a year that the food trucks were inspected and got their stickers. They had to pass sanitary conditions, have clean water, and food temps were tested. Then without warnings the same trucks were hunted down and tested out in the fields to make sure they abide by the strict standards otherwise they are shut down. If you ever see something you can call the health department in your city to report it, give location and they will check it out. No one wants to get sick or worst, die from bad food.

When I worked for the Health Department, there was only a few days a year that the food trucks were inspected and got their stickers. They had to pass sanitary conditions, have clean water, and food temps were tested. Then without warnings the same trucks were hunted down and tested out in the fields to make sure they abide by the strict standards otherwise they are shut down. If you ever see something you can call the health department in your city to report it, give location and they will check it out. No one wants to get sick or worst, die from bad food.
I have a cell phone now so I can call the health department if I see something . My granddaughter once got a hotdog that was cold she was a little girl and
wasn't able to finish her 'cold'dog ,I felt it and it wasn't warm. I know hotdog are precooked but they're called hotdog for a reason . I called the health department up
and they really didn't nothing b/c the woman that started the hotdog stand was a local person and had dies and her family has taken over the stand. The woman was some of hero for selling hotdogs for so many years!

I have a cell phone now so I can call the health department if I see something . My granddaughter once got a hotdog that was cold she was a little girl and
wasn't able to finish her 'cold'dog ,I felt it and it wasn't warm. I know hotdog are precooked but they're called hotdog for a reason . I called the health department up
and they really didn't nothing b/c the woman that started the hotdog stand was a local person and had dies and her family has taken over the stand. The woman was some of hero for selling hotdogs for so many years!
Franks....

Franks....
I call them hotdogs and a lot of people I know do too. I was in Market Basket with my hearing dog Finlay and a father and son were shopping , the
dad saw my dog and said to his son " Oh yeah we need hotdogs too!" :( Finlay was a big black Standard Poodle and looked nothing like
a hotdog ! LOL!

franks and wieners and weenies and frankfurters and footlong...

Flaunter is a new one lmao- oh... he's a hotdogger (show off) sort of thing.

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/hot dog

I'd love to try out food trucks or some sort of festival with food trucks and just wander around trying some out. I know of them but don't think I've ever seen one in person.

This is in Europe... a former UPS delivery truck donated to British Museum in London to be used as a food truck.

ee15dc9e8190b410702f0b0ba11de506.jpg

Another one in Holland:

26172480965_378ef63397_o.jpg

Between Roach Coach, and Maggot Wagon I think I am just going to stay away from food trucks all together ! I had clients that got Meals on Wheels and most
of the meals were gross looking ! A client got some kind of meat covered with a red sauce and we had no idea what kind of meat it was .

Back