The All Deaf Spammer Registry

what about northernsydney? Sometimes I get the impression she is just .. spamming. She'll pull up OLD posts from ages ago and add to it, but never really anything new or even relevant (and honestly, I doubt some of the OP's from those OLD posts are actually coming back to see new "replies"...). she'll comment on a post when it doesn't even really have anything to do with what the actual post is about. Could just be me thinking this, but I don't know. This recent thread is an example: http://www.alldeaf.com/hearing-aids...lth-savings-account-hearing-aid-purchase.html her response doesn't really contribute to OP's post....

what about northernsydney? Sometimes I get the impression she is just .. spamming. She'll pull up OLD posts from ages ago and add to it, but never really anything new or even relevant (and honestly, I doubt some of the OP's from those OLD posts are actually coming back to see new "replies"...). she'll comment on a post when it doesn't even really have anything to do with what the actual post is about. Could just be me thinking this, but I don't know. This recent thread is an example: http://www.alldeaf.com/hearing-aids...lth-savings-account-hearing-aid-purchase.html her response doesn't really contribute to OP's post....

I looked at her posts, and some of her posts are somewhat odd. However, I don't see any links or any mention of a specific product. I can't really say it's spamming.

Hmm.

Should I start carrying a spam zapper gun around here? :lol:

Perhaps for the first 15 days, new members may not post photos or links in their posts. Days 16-30 they are allowed to post photos via photo attachment only, and after 30 days they have complete abilities to post photos from other sites such as facebook, photobucket, flickr, etc. as well as posting links.

Sure it seems totalitarian, but it would cut down on spam and gives us time to get to know the member before they can post dangerous links.

Just a thought. I am sure Alex can figure out something. From what I understand; vBulletin has limitless options on how members are registered and how their posting can be controlled.

Captchas are good at controlling spam but someone can just manually register then send the bot to do it's job.

Maybe a 24 hour verification period to give mods time to verify the email address?

Maybe a 24 hour verification period to give mods time to verify the email address?

What?!?!? How are they going to get their homework assignments done that way?

What?!?!? How are they going to get their homework assignments done that way?

:laugh2: Teaches them to use their time more wisely instead of drinking, partying, and having unlimited sex like it's unlimited text and data. :lol:

kl brown?

Posted in Pictures and Videos. This one's a maybe, does religious dogma count as spam?

Wirelessly posted

Awesome about time something is being done about this. Pathetic, I tell u. Ugh!

There's another one...but not sure, it's TOMIPHIL, she/he just asked me to be friend with him/her. This person have not explain to me or haven't posted any thread or whatever.

Will wait and see

There's another one...but not sure, it's TOMIPHIL, she/he just asked me to be friend with him/her. This person have not explain to me or haven't posted any thread or whatever.

Will wait and see

That happens to me sometimes too... Weird. I should report them next time it happens.

^^^I've had these, too. No posts, no friend. I just decline.

Back