The All Deaf Spammer Registry

I've came to the conclusion that Victoria R is smart spam. Authorities have been notified, it's quite interesting that "her" thread made 200+ replies. Altho, I hadn't paid attention to it until she replied to my dolphin thread. :P

Thanks. I just looked at her posts, definitely a spammer.

Yes, it's kind tough and that is why I think Alex is having trouble figuring out a way to sort the real from the fake.

The way the spambots are working is some dudes server, russia, nigeria, whatever, has a script that is running these spider crawlers across the web and auto registering, and posting. Sometimes they might be manually registered by the crappier scripts. Almost always the end target is always volume (more sites the better) than quality, which is how it becomes easy to spot or they give up easily after getting banned.

I have (had) a solution, it's a bit extreme but I think it may be successful. Set new members under maybe, ~5 posts to be unable to link to another site, or post a picture or image. It hopefully should take care of a majority of spam because they'll just loop their posts with generated links and find out they can't post it, the cycle keeps going.

Unless, they are smart enough to bypass the blocks and not include links or images. In that case it's going to take more manual work like us around to report it.

Most newcomers don't seem to post links or pictures very often if at all, so this might kill two birds with one stone.

I have suggested that.......

Thanks. I just looked at her posts, definitely a spammer.

The weird thing about Victoria is that 'she' is not the usual spambot. I looked further into it and it seems she's hotlinking to eggge.com (registered to one Daniel Mcelvain from LA) here and other forums for a bunch of her emotions and pictures.

I thought why would she do that? What does it accomplish for this other than wasted bandwidth?
Then it dawned on me that it is trying to up the visitor hits for the website. I looked at unique visitor rankings for eggge.com (eggge.com 6,345 UVs for September 2011 | Compete) and this becomes apparent it's for some money (or datamining) scheme to get rich by letting the spam and us viewing the pictures do the work, so it ups the site ranking.

Smart, yet immoral tactic.

Found another one... mbrek cuz she keep advertising pic of spam and trying to sell it.

Wirelessly posted

Whadda ya talkin' about?!?

fairejour? :giggle:

What we do on my forum is remove new users who never make first post. We also use Vbulletin and make it impossible for users to see the entire forum unless they make a first post in 'Welcome' forum. Here it could be the 'Introduce Yourself' forum. Then they refresh and can then see whole forum.

Prior to that first post they receive activation email and, if they sign up with phony email, they never receive activation email so this cuts out hundreds of spammers, mostly Europe/Asia, from *ever* making a first post.

The spammer, prinesa is posting several new threads to promote specific episodes of some TV shows again.

Here's one: DanniXambo

She asked me for hot date.... along with her yahoo e-mail addy

Good news, all of the names mentioned below are no longer in the members database. They were all deleted recently.

• waladerson
• jaimewilliams
• jamearose
• bella4
• demiwinona
• David.paine
• ameliyacorvin
• immortalhuman
• prinesa
• kristen5412
• hemanthjava
• lindsaymaine
• hjdonr
• iswear
• Alice748
• penelopolivia
• Victoria R
• Obella1023
• victory12

Mission accomplished. There'll be a lot more spammers to come in the future. Just keep reporting them whenever you see them and post their names here too. I suggest that you avoid from using members' names here as a joke. Only if you are serious about it, thank you.

Thanks Alex! I see you out there, flushing out those spammers.

I guess the never,never,never ending thread has ended.

Thanks Alex! I see you out there, flushing out those spammers.

I guess the never,never,never ending thread has ended.

Apparently most of the spammers were from China and India, which would explain their poor usage of English.

Apparently most of the spammers were from China and India, which would explain their poor usage of English.

Poor usage of English is when hearing parents come to AD and post their audist crap. :thumbd:

Back