THAT makes a sound!??!?

Sunshine

Reaction score
Well today I find out being congested makes a sound! I did not know. I am almost never sick, but I am very sick right now....man comes in my office and says "You sound like you're congested".

Being congested makes a sound???? :shock:

What are some things you didn't know made sounds?

were you making noise while shitting?

Oh yes, people can hear you all right due to the heavy breathing caused by the congestion. Try drinking hot tea or something, it can help clear up the congestion for a bit.

You can also hear the muscus kinda gurggling(sp?) in the sinuses. Plus most people are nose breathers. You start breathing out of your mouth and it's usually a good sign your stuffed up

You can also hear the muscus kinda gurggling(sp?) in the sinuses. Plus most people are nose breathers. You start breathing out of your mouth and it's usually a good sign your stuffed up

Many deafies are loud breathers. To hell with those who cannot stand the sound of life. :lol:

crystal--If u lick your finger and run it around the cup it like sings or something, My family told me this and I didnt believe it!

There's a whole cheerful orchestra behind a butterfly's flight. :)

crystal--If u lick your finger and run it around the cup it like sings or something, My family told me this and I didnt believe it!
If you put different amounts of water in each glass, it will play different notes.

yup.

One of my friends can hear a light bulb about to go out in the detached garage while a party is going on! It helps he's prelingually blind.

No, no words. More like an instrument ringing.

Maybe like feedback from a hearing aid LOL but my family thinks its a very pretty sound...but they dont like my hearing aids making noise (I cant hear that anymore either, but I can feel it vibrate in my ear and it bothers me lol)

The wind. I didn't hear it until I was 17, and had canalplasty. (reconstruction of the ear canal)
Shoshana, I used to be able to do a dead on imitataitoon of the emegency broadcast system with the feedback from my hearing aids.

The wind. I didn't hear it until I was 17, and had canalplasty. (reconstruction of the ear canal)
Shoshana, I used to be able to do a dead on imitataitoon of the emegency broadcast system with the feedback from my hearing aids.

I used to make them make sounds to bother my sisters who would tease me :giggle:

Can someone explain why scratching a blackboard drives hearing people nuts?

Apparently tearing a piece of paper is very loud. That does not make sense to me.

I did not know paper bags made a sound until I got my first HA ! I was telling my daughter once at Finlay always knew when I was putting my coat on and my daugther said Finlay can hear you putting on coat on. My daughter said everything you do make a sound! I never thought of that!

Back