Thank you!

Leah K.

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I am so happy to have found this forum to meet new people. I am not deaf, but something in me desires to be here. I'm not sure as to where this will take me. I hope to learn from you all and to see a different perspective.

A little about me: I am a mother of 4 boys and a wife to an amazing husband. I love to read, to transcribe, to garden, to cook, photography and videography.

I love interacting in things that will make me a greater servant to all. If I can be of help to you in anyway, please let me know.

Leah

Welcome to the website. Glad to see someone that shares the same goal (to make friends and be more educated in sign language). Good luck in your search :)

Hi ! If you have photos of your garden I would love to see some . All our flowers were killed by the landcraper and I didn't misspell that word.

Hi ! If you have photos of your garden I would love to see some . All our flowers were killed by the landcraper

and I didn't misspell that word.

b310269d8e338395d66076469baddcfc.png

Good job Rio, you spelled every word right. See if you can teach whatdidyousay! some lessons.

As if you have a Master's degree in English yourself!

Alex doesn't have requirements that we all need Ph.D's in English to visit here. Believe me, no one here wouldn't want to be corrected by me. I have seen a lot of grammar errors here not going to nit pick about it. Why should you!

That should be would. Above is basically saying no one would NOT want to be corrected so therefore that means anyone would WANT to be corrected.
Wouldn't = would not . Read carefully! Never said would!
No one here would not want me to correct them.
I am not here to play grammar Nazi with you or anyone else . You all have your way of writing in English not my place to be.
Stop playing cyber professor because you are NOT one.

I have stuff to do than ruin this poor members thread. I say, let it go! Or PM end of conversation

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/grammar/double-negatives

The rules dictate that the two negative elements cancel each other out to give a positive statement instead, so that the sentence ‘I don’t know nothing’ could literally be interpreted as ‘I do know something’.

Nevertheless, they aren’t considered acceptable in current standard English and you should avoid them in all but very informal situations. Just use a single negative instead:

We didn’t see anything.

She never danced with anyone.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/grammar/double-negatives

The rules dictate that the two negative elements cancel each other out to give a positive statement instead, so that the sentence ‘I don’t know nothing’ could literally be interpreted as ‘I do know something’.

Nevertheless, they aren’t considered acceptable in current standard English and you should avoid them in all but very informal situations. Just use a single negative instead:

We didn’t see anything.

She never danced with anyone.
Yep, Rio said a double negative which makes her statement a positive. But, heaven forbid you point that out to her.

And she said in another thread she might become an ESL teacher. I feel sorry for any students she has if she doesn't know what double negatives are. She'll be spreading her ignorance to others. :shock:

oh_snap_glee.gif

She better not see that!
Why are you even ruining someone's thread! English grammar does change whether using two negatives in a statement for casual communication is fine just like journaling it doesn't require rules.

Basically, this is a waste of time. Talk crap about me let's see you teach English classes ! Since , everyone here is a scholar!

Talk crap about me let's see you teach English classes ! Since , everyone here is a scholar!

That's an incomplete sentence. It should be "Talk crap about me let's see you teach English classes since everyone here is a scholar!"

Why are you even ruining someone's thread! English grammar does change whether using two negatives in a statement for casual communication is fine just like journaling it doesn't require rules.

Basically, this is a waste of time. Talk crap about me let's see you teach English classes ! Since , everyone here is a scholar!
Hmm, I learned good grammar in elementary school. You don't need a college education to know that a double negative changes the meaning of a sentence.

Back