teens behind bars for 40 years on murdered of Boston teacher

Such a horrible crime and he'll be eligible for parole?! Terrible!
I agree with you 100% ! I really think this law need to be change about being a minor and not getting a life sentence . He knew he was doing something wrong when
he raped and killed his teacher .

On the other hand, at least they sent him away for a VERY VERY long time! It's horrible that they didn't give him life without parole....but it's not like they gave him 5-10 years. Frankily they should have locked him up in an insistution for the criminally insane and not let him out at ALL.

On the other hand, at least they sent him away for a VERY VERY long time! It's horrible that they didn't give him life without parole....but it's not like they gave him 5-10 years. Frankily they should have locked him up in an insistution for the criminally insane and not let him out at ALL.
But he was found not to be insane , he knew what he was doing . Yeah but will be getting second chance and his teacher didn't . The law need to be fixed so when a minor does commit a horrible crime like this one they can get a life sentence .

But he was found not to be insane , he knew what he was doing . Yeah but will be getting second chance and his teacher didn't . The law need to be fixed so when a minor does commit a horrible crime like this one they can get a life sentence .

According to Sara's post, he already receive a life sentence with possibility of parole.

but he cannot receive a life sentence without possibility of parole.

Though, the parole will be likely to be denied, anyway.

Probably because he is or was a minor when he committed crime.
Yup ! That is what I said in my comment . This is b/c the court rules it would be too cruel to give a life sentence to minor
and it said that their brain is not fully matured yet. But this kid has showed no remorse during the whole trial so I feel he should had gotten
life sentence b/c he could do the same thing again in 40 years.

Yup ! That is what I said in my comment . This is b/c the court rules it would be too cruel to give a life sentence to minor
and it said that their brain is not fully matured yet. But this kid has showed no remorse during the whole trial so I feel he should had gotten
life sentence b/c he could do the same thing again in 40 years.

Unfortunately, if the courts are going to rule like this they should change their sentencing requirements since the human brain doesn't fully mature until the mid 20's and the frontal lobe which brings on reasoning is one of the last to mature. Also if the person is using drugs it may never mature.

Unfortunately, if the courts are going to rule like this they should change their sentencing requirements since the human brain doesn't fully mature until the mid 20's and the frontal lobe which brings on reasoning is one of the last to mature. Also if the person is using drugs it may never mature.
Then kids shouldn't be allow to get their driving license or get drafted until they're older .

Then kids shouldn't be allow to get their driving license or get drafted until they're older .

BINGO...I think it's bull---- that society has made 18 the "magic number" for so many things. An 18 year old can get married, win the lottery, smoke cigs, have a full time job, and learn how to handle weaponry designed for war but can't order a glass of wine at dinner

I think that driving laws should be more strict, maybe have driving permits for a year or two and can get their official license at 18? Obviously there would be some things to figure out and whatnot or even laws where 17 is the license age but can't have anyone under the age 18 in the vehicle unless it's family. I don't know, I don't draft bills and know how to figure out the legistics of it, but it's terrifying to me that 16 year olds are given such the responsibility to operate a vehicle....it's not that hard to take drivers' ed and pass a mulitple choice test and drivers test. If given the opportunity, I could have done that at 14, but that doesn't mean I had the maturity to handle it at that age...

Back