Teen deaf girl looking for friends

P

poetryandpeace

I'm a sixteen year old deaf girl who wants to make some friends about the same age. If anybody wants to talk, message me on Kik? My username is poetryandpeace :) here are some facts about me if you'd like to know a bit more about me...
I love caramel lattes so much.<3
I love writing poetry and I also love reading it.
I'm deaf. My hearing aids are called Dory & Nemo.
Dory spends her days in my left ear.
Nemo spends her days in my right ear.
I love reading novels in verse! I'm writing one too!
I like taking naps in the middle of the day.
My favorite number is 3.
I love Brad Pitt. (We're secretly married)
I'm an identical twin, yo.
I can't handle other people's problems. Deal with it.
I love making jokes, especially puns!
I believe there is a reason why everybody is the way they are.
I seriously dislike people who judge.
I love cooking and baking! I'm doing a hospitality course next year!
My favorite show is Gavin & Stacey. (Gotta love Brits!!!)
I absolutely love indie music.

Who doesn't love Brad Pitt? :roll:

I don't ! When I saw my dog on line his name was Brad and I told my daughter I hope his name is NOT Brad Pitt! And sure enough that was his name, I got rid that name as fast as I could and renamed my dog Marty . No dog of mine was going to be called Brad Pitt.

poetryandpeace , do you have people asking you who is older you or twin? My have nieces that are twin and they where asked this a lot.

blackhawksgirl looks young and the OP is 16 yo , a lot young women and teenage girls loves actors. I never got into to this when I was a teenager.

I wasn't interested either.

I think my parents kept me busy and occupied with other pursuits.

I'm a sixteen year old deaf girl who wants to make some friends about the same age. If anybody wants to talk, message me on Kik? My username is poetryandpeace :) here are some facts about me if you'd like to know a bit more about me...
I love caramel lattes so much.<3
I love writing poetry and I also love reading it.
I'm deaf. My hearing aids are called Dory & Nemo.
Dory spends her days in my left ear.
Nemo spends her days in my right ear.
I love reading novels in verse! I'm writing one too!
I like taking naps in the middle of the day.
My favorite number is 3.
I'm an identical twin, yo.
I can't handle other people's problems. Deal with it.
I love making jokes, especially puns!
I believe there is a reason why everybody is the way they are.
I seriously dislike people who judge.
I love cooking and baking! I'm doing a hospitality course next year!
My favorite show is Gavin & Stacey. (Gotta love Brits!!!)
I absolutely love indie music.

Welcome! I'm a lot older you but I also love Brad Pitt and I don't care who knows it. But we're not married.:shock:

Psst...are any of his kids yours?

poetryandpeace:

I'm fourteen and my name is Ana.

-I love caramel macchiato
-I love poetry, writing and reading
-I'm also writing a novel!!! I don't meet writers my age very often, so that is so exciting!
-I love mid-day naps
-My favorite number is 3 (I also love 6 and 18)
-Brad Pitt (aka Achilles, in Troy, my favorite)
-I agree; we are the way we are because.. well, we are.
-I honestly pay no attention to those who judge; they aren't worth my time and energy.
-My favorite show is Law and Order SVU (gotta love Stabler)
-I absolutely love just about ANY music!!! I am a huge marching band geek (I just got back from a parade)
-LOVE Dory!!!

I'm hearing, but I am trying to learn sign language on my own and I'm very interested in deaf culture. I joined to meet people like you, around my age, to gain some experience and meet people who are deaf and hard of hearing. Please write

I've never heard about naming hearing aids before, I'm 19 years old and I've been wearing two hearing aids since I was 5, I was born with hearing loss (I get if from my dad, who got it from his mom who got if from her father) and I'm a freshmen in college. My hard molds are starting to hurt though :/ and I'm soon gonna make an appointment with my ENT office to try to change that, the molds are clear, but the other part is a light (Carolina blue), if I can change molds I might choose a different color, not sure yet.

So about me:
-My DOB is 11/02/1994
-I have Moderate Hearing loss and my left is slightly worse than my right
-I will graduate from College in 2017
-I graduated from High School last year (Well, I was class of 2013)
- My favorite colors are Blue, Purple, Green and yellow
-I love to read and write (I don't know, because I don't have very many friends, just a very few, reading was kind of my escape in the world and that just transformed into a love of writing.
-My favorite t.v shows are: Law and Order SVU; Army Wives, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, CIS, etc, needless to say, without the closed caption, I wouldn't be able to understand half of what goes on, I get very upset if my closed caption don't work :(
-My hearing aids brand is Phonak
-I love my music, especially country music and I love Blake Shelton's music
-I'm an only child
-My dad and I are hearing impaired, but his brother (my uncle) and his 3 sons aren't
-I wear glasses
-I have long blonde naturally wavy hair and blue eyes
-My ancestry is Native American, English, Irish, Scottish and Dutch

I need more HOH and deaf friends, most of mine (Expect one who has a CI) is hearing and half the time it's hard to keep up with them, even though I can lip read, one of my friends is seriously hyper and talks fast.

I've never heard about naming hearing aids before, I'm 19 years old and I've been wearing two hearing aids since I was 5, I was born with hearing loss (I get if from my dad, who got it from his mom who got if from her father) and I'm a freshmen in college. My hard molds are starting to hurt though :/ and I'm soon gonna make an appointment with my ENT office to try to change that, the molds are clear, but the other part is a light (Carolina blue), if I can change molds I might choose a different color, not sure yet.

So about me:
-My DOB is 11/02/1994
-I have Moderate Hearing loss and my left is slightly worse than my right
-I will graduate from College in 2017
-I graduated from High School last year (Well, I was class of 2013)
- My favorite colors are Blue, Purple, Green and yellow
-I love to read and write (I don't know, because I don't have very many friends, just a very few, reading was kind of my escape in the world and that just transformed into a love of writing.
-My favorite t.v shows are: Law and Order SVU; Army Wives, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, CIS, etc, needless to say, without the closed caption, I wouldn't be able to understand half of what goes on, I get very upset if my closed caption don't work :(
-My hearing aids brand is Phonak
-I love my music, especially country music and I love Blake Shelton's music
-I'm an only child
-My dad and I are hearing impaired, but his brother (my uncle) and his 3 sons aren't
-I wear glasses
-I have long blonde naturally wavy hair and blue eyes
-My ancestry is Native American, English, Irish, Scottish and Dutch

I need more HOH and deaf friends, most of mine (Expect one who has a CI) is hearing and half the time it's hard to keep up with them, even though I can lip read, one of my friends is seriously hyper and talks fast.

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. Just to let you know that you need to go to the Audiologist in order to get new mold, even if you want different color on your new mold. You can not get that from ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat). That is different. Audiologist can do the mold work, not ENT.

Just enjoy reading and posting here and see you around here. :wave:

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. Just to let you know that you need to go to the Audiologist in order to get new mold, even if you want different color on your new mold. You can not get that from ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat). That is different. Audiologist can do the mold work, not ENT.

Just enjoy reading and posting here and see you around here. :wave:

I know, I was planning on going back anyway, it's been like 4 years since I've been, I think it was my Freshmen year of high school, in 2009 and now I'm a college Freshmen and it's almost 2014, so I think it's time I go back.

Before High School, I had the silicon mold and my ear was always itchy and then the last time I went, they had to clean that ear out (Come to think of it, it was my left ear) and now it's dry again, but this time, they gave me the hard molds, and it hurts my left ear after a while, It always comes back to this left ear, I think I need to talk to them about that. :hmm:

Mickey

Hey my names Mickey. I'm a Freshman girl, I love Caramel Frappe from MickeyDs. I also love to read last books I read were Hardy Boys (Childish I know) and The Shadow hunter Codex.
I'm trying to write a book too. My title as of right now is ether Fighter or Final Turf Fight. What's your Title?
I can't cook any thing more than Brownies and cookies and Raman (With out burning any thing):)
I cant miss an episode of TMNT (again childish but IDC {I don't care}) and Supernatural ,and Sherlock bbc

My name's Marissa. I'm learning ASL at my college and I'm having a hard time making Deaf friends. I'm twenty years old and so I decided to see if I could find some friends and people to talk to in a place I haven't tried before! I can be really shy, and I'm trying to stop that so I'm hoping this is a step in the right direction!

My name's Marissa. I'm learning ASL at my college and I'm having a hard time making Deaf friends. I'm twenty years old and so I decided to see if I could find some friends and people to talk to in a place I haven't tried before! I can be really shy, and I'm trying to stop that so I'm hoping this is a step in the right direction!

I can be shy too , I'm trying to change that, I'm also really quiet, depending on the person, if I can hear them that is :/ I'm also trying to get out of that, I'm 19 years old, and that's not very beneficial, but I say it's the step in the right direction. :)

I think the OP is not coming back , she wanted to delete her account . She posted that she thought people where "too mean here".

Hey, have you titled you novel?
I'm in the process of writing my own right now and it's title is "The War Between".

Back