Teaching On Glide

I'm seeing that while Glide is still free, they are now saying you have to pay for storage of video messages.... hearing that a lot of deaf are dropping Glide in favor of others. Marco Polo, another app, has been mentioned.

I'm seeing that while Glide is still free, they are now saying you have to pay for storage of video messages.... hearing that a lot of deaf are dropping Glide in favor of others. Marco Polo, another app, has been mentioned.
Yeah. They sent a message that you now have to pay to keep the videos. I don't keep the videos anyway, so it doesn't really affect me. But I know some people have videos of their kids and things like that that would suck to lose.

I was wondering what they meant by keeping the videos. I just got that message tonight and I was confused as heck. I also like marco polo.

I was wondering what they meant by keeping the videos. I just got that message tonight and I was confused as heck. I also like marco polo.
Do you happen to know the limit of how many people you can put in a group chat? I'm on a practice group on Glide and we've run into the problem that we can only add 50 members max. So we have some lurkers who don't post and don't practice, but who want to stay in the group. That causes the problem that when new people want to join, they can't. Any idea what the max on Marco Polo is? Maybe we could switch to that instead.

Wow, I have never used Glide, and have been wanting to try it. I used to use appear.in with my Deaf tutor earlier this year, but I am too broke right now to use her. Anyways, I liked the personal-ness of appear.in. I think you could do four people on screen at once. On Glide are there 50 people all signing together. That sounds like it would be complicated, but I am not up on technology.

Wow, I have never used Glide, and have been wanting to try it. I used to use appear.in with my Deaf tutor earlier this year, but I am too broke right now to use her. Anyways, I liked the personal-ness of appear.in. I think you could do four people on screen at once. On Glide are there 50 people all signing together. That sounds like it would be complicated, but I am not up on technology.
No. It's more like text messaging with video. It's not live. Well, it sort of can be. You can watch people as they record. But really it's more like text messaging with video.

Do you happen to know the limit of how many people you can put in a group chat? I'm on a practice group on Glide and we've run into the problem that we can only add 50 members max. So we have some lurkers who don't post and don't practice, but who want to stay in the group. That causes the problem that when new people want to join, they can't. Any idea what the max on Marco Polo is? Maybe we could switch to that instead.

If you figure out how to add more members please add me. snookums88

I noticed a lot of people want to use Skype and I want to help people but I hate Skype because I feel suck. The two people would have to be on at the same time and have an alloted amount of time. But with glide people can respond when they feel like it and even rematch the videos if they didn't get a sign.

If want more than two people in same time set up your account under appear.in it works great!

Ok peeps, as of today I am on Glide. I tried to send a message to DeafNerdMommy. I don't know if I did or not - I'm still trying to figure it out. I know this sounds lame, but my PC is not compatible with Glide. Or shall I say the fact that I a still on Windows 7 is not letting me Glide on my PC. Anyhow, I can work in tight spaces if need be (my phone).

If someone wants to try practicing some ASL or chat a little, hit me up. Glide user name: ninoray

I just read how people are dropping Glide. Man am I late to the party or what?

I know this sounds lame, but my PC is not compatible with Glide. Or shall I say the fact that I a still on Windows 7 is not letting me Glide on my PC.
Whaaa..?! You can use Glide on PC? Ugh! My gaming PC just died a week or so ago due to overheating. Got a new water cooling system, then my motherboard died. I seriously repel technology. :(

I finally got it working! Have you tried e-mailing Glide?
I emailed them earlier today, now just waiting on a reply! :)

Ok peeps, as of today I am on Glide. I tried to send a message to DeafNerdMommy. I don't know if I did or not - I'm still trying to figure it out. I know this sounds lame, but my PC is not compatible with Glide. Or shall I say the fact that I a still on Windows 7 is not letting me Glide on my PC. Anyhow, I can work in tight spaces if need be (my phone).

If someone wants to try practicing some ASL or chat a little, hit me up. Glide user name: ninoray

Hey I got your messages. Your signing is pretty good. I however don't have much to teach on glide anymore.
Keep practicing and many people here still use glide to talk.

As far as I know, Glide only works on phones. I don't think it works on computers at all.

Soooooo... Finally heard back from Glide, And got it working on my tablet! Yaaay! :D Not 100% sure how this thing works, but this is a good step and I'll figure it out as I go. :)

Soooooo... Finally heard back from Glide, And got it working on my tablet! Yaaay! :D Not 100% sure how this thing works, but this is a good step and I'll figure it out as I go. :)
What's your Glide ID so that I can add you to the group?

What's your Glide ID so that I can add you to the group?
I only just discovered that a minute ago lol I think I'm @txgufbg ... Is there a way to change that? I don't remember it asking me when I made my account.

I only just discovered that a minute ago lol I think I'm @txgufbg ... Is there a way to change that? I don't remember it asking me when I made my account.
Ugh. No. Unfortunately. The stupid random username they give you is what you're stuck with.

Back