Teaching On Glide

I'm very new so I'm looking for people to practice with! If you're interested add me on glide! My username is kwopershall thanks!

Does it support group chats? I'd love to practice and learn ASL with people like you guys but am extremely awkward and shy if it's just one-to-one.

Would you be willing to let me join? I'm also very new, I took some classes in high school but I don't remember a lot of it. I would really like to become as proficient as possible.

My Glide username is the same: XweienX
It'd be appreciated if I can be a part of a group ASL chat or something. :D

I wanna gauge some response on whether you guys wanna all be added to a group or something? I was thinking about it but I wonder what we would talk about? :lol:

I wanna gauge some response on whether you guys wanna all be added to a group or something? I was thinking about it but I wonder what we would talk about? :lol:
I don't use Glide currently, but when I did I would just talk about ANYTHING. My cats, dogs, what I did that day, etc. Even just very general conversation is good practice for you guys.

I don't think I was much help, I am always tired and take forever to reply. I tried to help haha.

I'm on Glide as well. I'm very much a beginner. I can have some basic conversations about myself, my dogs, maybe where I live and what the weather is like. hehe...not the most advanced. But it's just practice anyway. So if anyone wants to add me, feel free.

@GAEHIWB

I'm on Glide as well. I'm very much a beginner. I can have some basic conversations about myself, my dogs, maybe where I live and what the weather is like. hehe...not the most advanced. But it's just practice anyway. So if anyone wants to add me, feel free.

@GAEHIWB
Back when I was learning I would sign yo my cats and chinchillas...super bad listeners, or watchers haha.

Back when I was learning I would sign yo my cats and chinchillas...super bad listeners, or watchers haha.

I sign to myself in a mirror. I sign back to youtube videos. It's very frustrating. I don't know why they don't respond. And the youtube videos...they just sign back with nonsense that has nothing to do with what I asked them.

Does anyone else have a glide a? It is like snap chat and Skype had a baby. I think it would be a great way to help teach newer asl users. Just a thought.

Would you teach someone who's completly new to asl? I'm fluent in english but 100% new to asl however I'm very motivated to learn!
Also I saw the video you posted about glide and it seems like a very interesting way to communicate, however does it have an option to text aswell? So a mix of texting and video?
Sorry for all the questions btw, I know is alot haha

Would you teach someone who's completly new to asl? I'm fluent in english but 100% new to asl however I'm very motivated to learn!
Also I saw the video you posted about glide and it seems like a very interesting way to communicate, however does it have an option to text aswell? So a mix of texting and video?
Sorry for all the questions btw, I know is alot haha
I am sorry at this moment I am a little booked up in life. Waiting got my son to be born...

I love Glide but got drama involved with it 2 days ago that left me crying and fighting with people. I was in a ladies Glide group with 2 of my girlfriends. We were talking to each other through glide about one of our other girlfriends whom one is not on speaking terms with and how to get them to speak to each other. On Thursday morning, I sent a glide message to two of my girlfriends talking about the problem between two of my girlfriends and that even if they solve the problem, things may not be the same. Then I added "yea, just like how my brother and I solved the problem but things haven't been the same since then." Then I went to talk about my work and complained about my boss. Before ending my message, I talked about some personal stuff about myself that only my girlfriends know. Well...during the day while I was teaching, one of my girlfriends accidentally posted that glide message of me on her FB and made it public. By 3PM, I checked my FB while taking a short break and saw that I was tagged by my brother. He commented "WHAT PROBLEM? I DONT UNDERSTAND?" I didnt know what was up and I clicked to open the tag and saw my Glide message and my eyes nearly popped out of my head and I was like WTF??? How did my brother get it. I sent a glide message to tell him off for posting that on FB and pls take it off and how he got it. He replied saying that one of my girlfriends posted it on her FB and he saw it and wanted to know what problem I was talking about between him and I . OH CRAP...I sent a glide to that FB group blasting my girlfriend asking her why did she post it on FB. She said she didnt know how that happened. I went to her FB newsfeed and sure enough it was there and I saw that there were at least 5 shares. OMG , my personal and private glide message of me talking about my friends' problems with each other, my problems with my brother, my work and my own personal stuff is now viral. Only good thing is that most hearing people wont understand it as it was in ASL but the Deaf community will and it is a small world! So be careful with glide. I dont know how it got posted on my friend's fb page.

Just wanted to FYI everyone to be careful.

But yes, I have Glide and I have been using it for a year. Still used it today with my girlfriends but dont talk about sensitive subjects on Glide. Just in person. lol

I love Glide but got drama involved with it 2 days ago that left me crying and fighting with people. I was in a ladies Glide group with 2 of my girlfriends. We were talking to each other through glide about one of our other girlfriends whom one is not on speaking terms with and how to get them to speak to each other. On Thursday morning, I sent a glide message to two of my girlfriends talking about the problem between two of my girlfriends and that even if they solve the problem, things may not be the same. Then I added "yea, just like how my brother and I solved the problem but things haven't been the same since then." Then I went to talk about my work and complained about my boss. Before ending my message, I talked about some personal stuff about myself that only my girlfriends know. Well...during the day while I was teaching, one of my girlfriends accidentally posted that glide message of me on her FB and made it public. By 3PM, I checked my FB while taking a short break and saw that I was tagged by my brother. He commented "WHAT PROBLEM? I DONT UNDERSTAND?" I didnt know what was up and I clicked to open the tag and saw my Glide message and my eyes nearly popped out of my head and I was like WTF??? How did my brother get it. I sent a glide message to tell him off for posting that on FB and pls take it off and how he got it. He replied saying that one of my girlfriends posted it on her FB and he saw it and wanted to know what problem I was talking about between him and I . OH CRAP...I sent a glide to that FB group blasting my girlfriend asking her why did she post it on FB. She said she didnt know how that happened. I went to her FB newsfeed and sure enough it was there and I saw that there were at least 5 shares. OMG , my personal and private glide message of me talking about my friends' problems with each other, my problems with my brother, my work and my own personal stuff is now viral. Only good thing is that most hearing people wont understand it as it was in ASL but the Deaf community will and it is a small world! So be careful with glide. I dont know how it got posted on my friend's fb page.

Just wanted to FYI everyone to be careful.

But yes, I have Glide and I have been using it for a year. Still used it today with my girlfriends but dont talk about sensitive subjects on Glide. Just in person. lol
Oh my goodness! That would be terrifying. It sounds like you are taking it well though! It's hard for me to see past problems when I'm in the middle of them. Did things get better between your friends and your brother?

Oh my goodness! That would be terrifying. It sounds like you are taking it well though! It's hard for me to see past problems when I'm in the middle of them. Did things get better between your friends and your brother?

Yes but with my brother..so so...our relationship had been strained for about a year now. However we texted each other yesterday saying we love each other so I am hoping things will improve. It has been a very difficult year for the both of us.

Back