Teacher unknowingly express herself on she feel about Deaf students in public school

I do not buy this "The job is so tough. .nobody understands unless they are teachers themselves. Nobody but teachers just have no idea. " Any job can be tough and you have to be able to control your emotions on your job . If everyone went around at work expressing what they really felt about their boss or a co worker there would a lot fights going on.

Teacher job is a hell/tough due to dealing with kids with lots of mental and emotions. teachers come to teach kids, not to disciple kids over and over.

I do not buy this "The job is so tough. .nobody understands unless they are teachers themselves. Nobody but teachers just have no idea. " Any job can be tough and you have to be able to control your emotions on your job . If everyone went around at work expressing what they really felt about their boss or a co worker there would a lot fights going on.

Why you can't go to elementary school and become a teacher? You will know about what Shel means.

If no one want become a teacher so your kids will have no school.

Special Education is different than Deaf Education. There would be teachers who were suppose to teach deaf students to use FM or special device for sound so that they were suppose to listen or hear what the teachers said when conducting in the classroom. I was in that FM when I was in the Special Education. Also every one of us had to read lips which was not easy on lipreading. Most often hearing teachers would expect them to hear them like listening, but that does not work out well at all. So with CI just like hearing aids, it is the way to make them listen. Some deaf or hard of hearing students can manage to pick up some words or some sentences to make out what the teachers were saying. I never liked being in a Special Education program with no ASL for us to understand in the classrooms.

I agree with Shel90 that being a teacher is not a easy job but I agree that she should have done a teacher-parents conference or meeting to discuss about why their daughter should not be in the public school if not mainstream. If their daughter is put in a hearing public school only, no deaf children in the hearing public school which she should be in the mainstream school or Deaf school.

For me, I personally would rather be in the Deaf school because I had trouble trying to understand the teachers in the hearing classrooms. No Special Education after 9th grade.

So for a young deaf girl in the public school, the teacher is saying that she had tried to work with the deaf girl, even she had been teaching in the Special Education program for 15 years. You have to remember many deaf children including me want to please our parents and will only obey what the parents said. That would be years later like in high school, she will reject her parents when they do not listen to the child's needs for communication accommodations. :(

Unfortunately, at mainstream school, deaf education fell under special education category.

Under my thinking, deaf education is part of bilingual education.

Interesting...many of u aren't teachers and you say how teachers should or shouldn't do this or that....
True but many here are parents, and they have every right to say how they expect children to be treated.

Union contract requirements.

What happen if union contract isn't exist? (not all teachers are belong to union)

It looks like state rule for education.

What happen if union contract isn't exist? (not all teachers are belong to union)

It looks like state rule for education.
Public school teachers aren't all members of the NEA?

Public school teachers aren't all members of the NEA?

No, not all of them.

States with right to work laws or special state rule (like Wisconsin) - they aren't required to join the union and pay union due.

Why you can't go to elementary school and become a teacher? You will know about what Shel means.

If no one want become a teacher so your kids will have no school.

I was a heath aide and had client that tried to slap in me in the face one woman had Alzheimer and got angry at me nda pinch my nipple . I worked with a lot people that Alzheimer and people with Alzheimer can become very violent with no warning . I had to work in neighborhood with high crimes rates and had to wear a police whistle for safety . I was alone in people houses and had no there to help me if a client got violent . So don't tell me about working in a tough job. I trained to be a heath aide with two men and they did not last more then 3 months on the jobs. I was on the job when my car was T boned by a teenager driver.

She could have just been having the worst day. You never know. She might actually deeply love her job and her students. You never know til you are walking in that persons shoes. She didn't intentionally do it or anuthing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

You are welcome to try it for a week. The teacher was expressing her frustrations to someone else she thought she was talking to.

Back