Tablet kids

RosalieCancun

Reaction score
I let him use my tablet sometimes. Some parents were argue that don t let the children play with tablet, saying is not safe for kids.

What do you think?

My friends 7 year old used a tablet and used YouTube to learn about sex. My 5 year old nephew used it to learn bad words and play violent games. My kids have tablets but they only use them at night for ABC mouse to listen to bedtime stories while me or my husband is in there. In my personal opinion tablets are way to dangerous for children to have.

My friend allows her (step) children to use them BUT does set boundaries as to their use. She asks that they do other things like go outside and play for x amount of time then can come back in and play on their devices for x amount of time. Works pretty well. She does supervise her grandson (17 months old) as does his father. They know not to just plop the device in front of him and provide all sorts of other activities/toys/outings for him. A tablet/phone/computer is a tool.. just like anything else...good apps out there for learning purposes rather than games.

You are bad mommy! You should allow your son to play lego, or any kind of puzzles, read books, etc instead of playing games on the e-screen.

During the child’s first years, his brain develops rapidly, and very young children learn best by interacting with people, not screens. Being head down and having no eye contact with people might be harmful to their brain development.

kids love tablets but screen time may be bad for their eyes!

Next time think twice before giving him a tablet so you can host a party. :giggle:

You are bad mommy! You should allow your son to play lego, or any kind of puzzles, read books, etc instead of playing games on the e-screen.

During the child’s first years, his brain develops rapidly, and very young children learn best by interacting with people, not screens. Being head down and having no eye contact with people might be harmful to their brain development.

kids love tablets but screen time may be bad for their eyes!

Next time think twice before giving him a tablet so you can host a party. :giggle:
True because I know some teen that couldnt save their asses in any case ( cooking, cleaning, social skills....let alone work )

BUT on the other hand I got a free tablet with my iphone ( originally a 5" screen ) for my son and had a protection plan on it so now he has a 10" screen LG Tablet and it has helped him a great deal with his learning development as we downloaded ABC Mouse and LeapFrog as well as other learning programs so he is more advanced than his classmates ( Teacher is even amazed ) but we do set limits as well as parental controls on the tablet. He is also not glued to the screen 24/7 which is harmful. So he has his learning games/programs, Then he has his Reading programs, then a Skill program to stimulate all his fine motor skills as well as other skills needed for a complete development of his little mind. I am well advanced in science so we talk alot about different subjects and when he tells his stories to his teachers or other peers they are amazed at what he remembers, even my wife asked me if I told him about something because he will be very detailed about it and its just amazing what he soaks up ( he is 6-1/2 now) and he has had his tablet for almost 3 years now. The tablet isnt harmful, its how it is used and the parents control of that use.....

Back