Survey of Bi-Bi programs - Empirical Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cloggy doesnt consider himself a member of the Deaf culture. He always made sure that Lotte is deaf without the capital D which gave me the impression.

And later in life, Lotte will probably change it to the big 'D'--especially if she wants to go to NTID or Gallaudet.

And later in life, Lotte will probably change it to the big 'D'--especially if she wants to go to NTID or Gallaudet.

Lotte's decision. Important she gets a good quality education and I am sure she will since her parents are very involved. I just wish her the best of luck.

Thanks for the article! Even though it may not be 100% accurate, it, at least, shows the idea behind each approach and the differences. You said that you somewhat disagree with the info about CS. That makes me wonder about the differences in teaching methods within the same approach. People mostly either defend or hate their environment/approach, but I think it's more effective to say what specifically worked for you and what specifically didn't, as opposed to consolidating your whole experience under one approach and giving thumbs up/down a la Roger Ebert.

Loml is not deaf. She works for the National Cued Speech Association.

I did assume that loml was raised with Cued Speech, so whoops. Not to say that her input isn't significant. I don't know anything about loml or her background. Irregardless*, my statement still stands.

(*I know irregardless is not a real word, but i JUST love saying it, thanks to Mean Girls!)

I did assume that loml was raised with Cued Speech, so whoops. Not to say that her input isn't significant. I don't know anything about loml or her background. Irregardless*, my statement still stands.

(*I know irregardless is not a real word, but i JUST love saying it, thanks to Mean Girls!)

irregardless - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

A link to show Merriam-Webster definition. It is a myth that irregardless is not a word. It actually is a word.:P

irregardless - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

A link to show Merriam-Webster definition. It is a myth that irregardless is not a word. It actually is a word.:P

Haha thanks, but if you read the bottom of the link, it says "Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead."
Also it says that it is nonstandard. Oooo :)

Quote from American Dad:
"Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!"
(And yes I watch a lot of movies/TV!)

Haha thanks, but if you read the bottom of the link, it says "Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead."
Also it says that it is nonstandard. Oooo :)

Quote from American Dad:
"Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!"
(And yes I watch a lot of movies/TV!)

Sadly, I do nothing so exciting. I read dictionaries. On a wild day, I dip into the thesaurus. (sorry off topic)

And I didn't disagree with your original statement at all. I was just clarifying the hearing status because you appeared to be assuming that she was relating her personal experience.

And I didn't disagree with your original statement at all. I was just clarifying the hearing status because you appeared to be assuming that she was relating her personal experience.
That was fine. Pity you couldn't help yourself to make an insinuation after that clarification...

(Guess it's a bit like the frog and the scorpion...)

Are you sure? .. .or are you insinuating some sort of bias.??
I doubt she works for the "National Cued Speech Association". She's probably a member. Like you are a "member" of Deaf Culture.
She's passionate about Cued Speech because of the results she has seen with it. You're passionate about ASL because of the results you've seen with it..
Both of you have wonderful experiences.....

It's great to have that experience here on AllDeaf.

It would be nice if someone ask Loml. I know the truth. She has been generous enough to offer to teach me Cued speech. Once we work out the details, I can't wait to learn from her. It is another opportunity for myself and my daughter(Jenna wants to learn as well - my daughter is hearing).

It would be nice if someone ask Loml. I know the truth. She has been generous enough to offer to teach me Cued speech. Once we work out the details, I can't wait to learn from her. It is another opportunity for myself and my daughter(Jenna wants to learn as well - my daughter is hearing).
I did, she still hasn't replied yet. I'm sure she's enjoying the weekend.

So what, neither are you. So you too for all your pontification have never experienced deafness....as what is the euphamism you are so fond of using...as a deaf person.

I believe that the only reason for this post and its patent intended negative insinuations is because loml has had the audacity to disagree with you over certain issues in the past.

BTW what is the difference between someone working for the National Cued Speech Association and a person who works for a university that provides services to the deaf and is being compensated, getting tuition credits and/or other perks from that university for her "work" with the deaf?

Rick

I did, she still hasn't replied yet. I'm sure she's enjoying the weekend.

Which I was too until I saw the latest attack upon her intergrity and character but if she is enjoying her weekend, just goes to prove what I have know about her all along: that she has more common sense than me and most others on this board!
Rick

Or that there is nothing to refute, because all statements made were true.:hmm:

Now. let's get back on topic: Bi-Bi educational methods.

Mod's Note:

The thread is closed because it has been given the run around for some time now. It is like a broken record and evidently, this thread has served it's purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back