Sue Target

I forgot to add something bad about Target. I remember that when I was having interview with them the first day. When I told them I want to work at cashier the most. They told me that they dont want me to work at cashier because I am deaf. I even told them that lot of Wal Mart have deaf cashier and I told them ONE Wal Mart in SLC, UT have FIVE deaf cashier in ONE store and they do just fine. Target still didnt care about it. Also I was working at backroom. They didnt want me to shocking the items inside the store. Because I cant talk. They only keep me at backroom as prison that I cant go or work anywhere else. I even told them I can work with companion and they can take care of customer if they need help. Also I told them that they can add *DEAF* on my nametag so all the customers will know I am deaf and not being ingornant. They still didnt care and never do it anyway. I have seen lot of deaf people work in the store anywhere as cashier and stocking, etc at Wal Mart. Target surely are popular awful with deaf people.

Maybe, that Target had a bad experience with deaf cashiers and it didn't work out for them. Maybe, it was because of the complaints of the customers... and you know how it is, "The customer's always right." I have a few deaf friends who worked as cashiers at Target here in Rochester. They did just fine. Even the store let them work as cashiers.

VamPyroX said:
Maybe, that Target had a bad experience with deaf cashiers and it didn't work out for them. Maybe, it was because of the complaints of the customers... and you know how it is, "The customer's always right." I have a few deaf friends who worked as cashiers at Target here in Rochester. They did just fine. Even the store let them work as cashiers.

Yep I already told them about lot of deaf people work as cashier at Wal Mart that I know who. I told them that even Wal Mart is more busy and harder than Target. But Wal Mart are fine with deaf cashier. I also told them few friends work as cashier at Target too. They still dont care. It didnt change them. Well if that kind of Target got into trouble then the Owner of whole Target found out about that. They will get mad at that people at Target. It will be fun to watch hearing people get their ass kicked from deaf people for no respectful to deaf people.

VamPyroX said:
Well the customer's always right? The customer can be discimination to deaf employee who work at the Target. I have roommate who work as grooming the dogs and happen one customer try to get him attend by shouting. The bather inform him what the customer say. He came to the custom and said, "I am not going to groom your dog. Please leave and do not come back!" my roommate is kind manager but he work as grooming most to keep him busy. He doesn't have problem with that job but just deal with people who is old fart fashion about deaf can't work that kind of job.

What seth has say about target did the silly reason. My roommate told me if there are not enough good reason to fired. Do not walk off or sign the paper. Let them have a hard time.

ideafspy said:
Well the customer's always right? The customer can be discimination to deaf employee who work at the Target. I have roommate who work as grooming the dogs and happen one customer try to get him attend by shouting. The bather inform him what the customer say. He came to the custom and said, "I am not going to groom your dog. Please leave and do not come back!" my roommate is kind manager but he work as grooming most to keep him busy. He doesn't have problem with that job but just deal with people who is old fart fashion about deaf can't work that kind of job.

What seth has say about target did the silly reason. My roommate told me if there are not enough good reason to fired. Do not walk off or sign the paper. Let them have a hard time.

I didnt just walk off and never sign the paper. What do you mean to give them a hard time? How? What can I do? I stayed in the meeting for an hour and half. When they told me I am fired. I continue the talk forever to waste their money on the interpreter. HA! I talked much as I can talk. I had to leave when I was out of talking. What else can I do to give them a hard time? Funny thing my wife said, "We can pretend we are shopping at Target and get clothes and ice cream boxes and walk around and decided to leave it at clothes area and leave the cart there and go home. So the ice cream melted on the clothes and carpet. It was her joke. Hehe!

Last edited:
sethmantooth said:
Yep I already told them about lot of deaf people work as cashier at Wal Mart that I know who. I told them that even Wal Mart is more busy and harder than Target. But Wal Mart are fine with deaf cashier. I also told them few friends work as cashier at Target too. They still dont care. It didnt change them. Well if that kind of Target got into trouble then the Owner of whole Target found out about that. They will get mad at that people at Target. It will be fun to watch hearing people get their ass kicked from deaf people for no respectful to deaf people.
Then... go to Walmart. Who cares about Target. You'll get paid working at Walmart immediately instead of waiting on Target.

There was one woman who worked at this company. It was an office job. She started getting anal with her ADA rights and demanded a lot of changes according to the ADA. She spent most of the time criticizing her employers and making too many complaints... instead of shutting up, being patient, and doing her job. Fulfilling ADA accomodations don't always happen overnight. Sometimes, it takes time. She could have waited and would have gotten what she wanted. Since she didn't, she wasted the company's valuable time and ended up getting herself fired.

sethmantooth said:
I didnt just walk off and never sign the paper. What do you mean to give them a hard time? How? What can I do? I stayed in the meeting for an hour and half. When they told me I am fired. I continue the talk forever to waste their money on the interpreter. HA! I talked much as I can talk. I had to leave when I was out of talking. What else can I do to give them a hard time? Funny thing my wife said, "We can pretend we are shopping at Target and get clothes and ice cream boxes and walk around and decided to leave it at clothes area and leave the cart there and go home. So the ice cream melted on the clothes and carpet. It was her joke. Hehe!

Oh you didn't sign the paper? Well normal when person is getting fired and that need sign the paper that you are aware that you are fired because of blah blah blah. What I mean giving them hard time but you already did your part. Well take your wife's advice.. melting the ice cream on clothes. Its the blast time to remember for no reason being fired you. heh. However, I am out of mind right now about sue the Target because they didnt give you the form to sign the paper for reason being fired you. so.. they can be bust!

You know what it not about getting revenged its about your rights. If u feel that u were fired the wrong way then do something about it go to Ada it takes time like Vampyro says it doesn't take over night. but, complaining or comparing about Target and Walmart isn't getting you anywhere, If u read what they stated u were fired and U don't agree with it then don't sign it! Go to ADA Or Call. Target is not going to change no matter how many times u complain but Ada will do something about it if u make a call. instead of complaining to target about your rights like they are going to listen? No, they are not.

ideafspy said:
Oh you didn't sign the paper? Well normal when person is getting fired and that need sign the paper that you are aware that you are fired because of blah blah blah. What I mean giving them hard time but you already did your part. Well take your wife's advice.. melting the ice cream on clothes. Its the blast time to remember for no reason being fired you. heh. However, I am out of mind right now about sue the Target because they didnt give you the form to sign the paper for reason being fired you. so.. they can be bust!
Why make it worse? Giving Target a hard time will not go your way it makes u in the same level as they are when they fired you. do the right thing by going to ADA Not getting revenged.sethmantooth, The idea your wife advise u to do is that the right thing to do? To scoop their level? I know how angry you are but that will not make u feel better trust me there a lot more a lot more its about your rights as a human being to be treated equally just like everyone else in America. You need to go somewhere that has the power to turn Target around make changes that it wont happen again to another deaf person.

VamPyroX said:
Then... go to Walmart. Who cares about Target. You'll get paid working at Walmart immediately instead of waiting on Target.

There was one woman who worked at this company. It was an office job. She started getting anal with her ADA rights and demanded a lot of changes according to the ADA. She spent most of the time criticizing her employers and making too many complaints... instead of shutting up, being patient, and doing her job. Fulfilling ADA accomodations don't always happen overnight. Sometimes, it takes time. She could have waited and would have gotten what she wanted. Since she didn't, she wasted the company's valuable time and ended up getting herself fired.

Yeah I never complained to the office. I rarely complain. I just most time ignore things unless it is serious big deal. Yeah I am applying for Wal Mart and waiting for them. I am not waiting to go back to Target. I DONT want to go back there. They will just try to find another trouble with me. I dont want my history to look worse in the future. I am applying for new job and working on sue ADA. I just want to hear more stories and try a way to talk with ADA lawyers to make it much easier way to sue and won the case. It required the witnesses and evidence to win the case. The lawyers usually only like to help/work with person if they have witnesses and/or evidences.

I was needing the laser gun to start my job. They were out of laser gun. I cant start my job without it. I work at the backroom. That woman at the back office has one on the table and never used it. I asked her if I can have that laser gun. She just mocked with ugly fascial as deaf. She even know what I was saying. I said let write down on paper for communication. I show that sign with hand flat and other with pen. Impossible to be misunderstood. I have done that a lot with all other supervisors. Easily no problem for them to understand. That woman refused let me enter her office to write communication. I even tried to tell that to the front office during they fired me. It changed nothing. They already saw that on the video camera but not my flip. That is only thing they cant see if I flip or not. They can see everything else about she mocking me and refused let me enter the office to write communication. They just tell her to stop that. Do nothing trouble to that woman. They cant see my flip and fired me anyway! They saw everything what she did and they do NOTHING to her. I already told them to show me the video and let me see everything and they refused. It all makes senses.

Cheri said:
Why make it worse? Giving Target a hard time will not go your way it makes u in the same level as they are when they fired you. do the right thing by going to ADA Not getting revenged.sethmantooth, The idea your wife advise u to do is that the right thing to do? To scoop their level? I know how angry you are but that will not make u feel better trust me there a lot more a lot more its about your rights as a human being to be treated equally just like everyone else in America. You need to go somewhere that has the power to turn Target around make changes that it wont happen again to another deaf person.

Yeah I also said that was MY WIFE'S JOKE. That means we wont do it. HA! Yeah I am doing this to find people's ideas, evidence, stories, etc to make it easier to sue them and win the case. Yeah like I said if I won the case then I will annouce to all other deaf :grouphug: who have same problem with Target to sue them for themselves for their own money too. If there are lot of deaf people sue Target with their own case. It will cost Target A LOT of money. That will truly teach Target a HUGE lesson to respect deaf right and be more seriously carefully with deaf people. Deaf people have more power than hearing in some way.

sethmantooth said:
Yeah I never complained to the office. I rarely complain. I just most time ignore things unless it is serious big deal. Yeah I am applying for Wal Mart and waiting for them. I am not waiting to go back to Target. I DONT want to go back there. They will just try to find another trouble with me. I dont want my history to look worse in the future. I am applying for new job and working on sue ADA. I just want to hear more stories and try a way to talk with ADA lawyers to make it much easier way to sue and won the case. It required the witnesses and evidence to win the case. The lawyers usually only like to help/work with person if they have witnesses and/or evidences.

I was needing the laser gun to start my job. They were out of laser gun. I cant start my job without it. I work at the backroom. That woman at the back office has one on the table and never used it. I asked her if I can have that laser gun. She just mocked with ugly fascial as deaf. She even know what I was saying. I said let write down on paper for communication. I show that sign with hand flat and other with pen. Impossible to be misunderstood. I have done that a lot with all other supervisors. Easily no problem for them to understand. That woman refused let me enter her office to write communication. I even tried to tell that to the front office during they fired me. It changed nothing. They already saw that on the video camera but not my flip. That is only thing they cant see if I flip or not. They can see everything else about she mocking me and refused let me enter the office to write communication. They just tell her to stop that. Do nothing trouble to that woman. They cant see my flip and fired me anyway! They saw everything what she did and they do NOTHING to her. I already told them to show me the video and let me see everything and they refused. It all makes senses.
Then you should have a very good case against them. You're better off working at Walmart and suing Target for money. Heh!

sethmantooth said:
Yeah I also said that was MY WIFE'S JOKE. That means we wont do it. HA! Yeah I am doing this to find people's ideas, evidence, stories, etc to make it easier to sue them and win the case. Yeah like I said if I won the case then I will annouce to all other deaf :grouphug: who have same problem with Target to sue them for themselves for their own money too. If there are lot of deaf people sue Target with their own case. It will cost Target A LOT of money. That will truly teach Target a HUGE lesson to respect deaf right and be more seriously carefully with deaf people. Deaf people have more power than hearing in some way.
Yep exectly! I'm proud of you doing the right thing! *hugs!*

Cheri said:
Yep exectly! I'm proud of you doing the right thing! *hugs!*
:thumb:

reindeer.jpg

Levonian said:
I just spent the last half hour looking up the subject of disability discrimination, and I found out that making fun of a person’s disability is a form of harassment, and is legally considered to be the same thing as sexual or racial harassment.

This is excerpted from the ADA Quarterly, a publication of the Ohio Rehabilitation Services Commission.

http://www.rsc.ohio.gov

http://www.rsc.ohio.gov/Publications/ADAqtrly/ADA_March_April.pdf

Harassment claims garner increased attention. Imagine a supervisor who outright resents having a person with a disability among his staff. The supervisor makes the subordinate’s workday miserable, mocking the disability and subjecting the worker to requirements that the rest of the staff need not meet. The harassment gets so bad that the worker resigns. Does the worker have a cause of action against the employer? Although the language of the ADA doesn’t explicitly create a cause of action for harassment, federal regulatory agencies charged with enforcement have inferred the availability of such a claim from the statute’s general prohibition against retaliation and coercion. While federal appeals courts have been reluctant to explicitly declare that such a cause of action exists, many decisions have at least implicitly recognized the availability of a claim based on an allegedly hostile work environment. For example, in Lindgren v. Hyatt Corp., plaintiff Susan Lindgren, who is blind, was hired by Hyatt in January 1997 to work as a phone operator. Terminated about a year and a half later for sleeping on the job, Lindgren sued and claimed that other employees also slept on the job and were not terminated. Lindgren also added claims of emotional distress and harassment on the basis of disability. As to harassment, Lindgren claimed that her supervisor mimicked a voice synthesizer she used and laughed at her. She asserted that the harassment worsened following her complaints to higher management, saying that the supervisor refused to allow her to take bathroom breaks without permission and even threw away all of her Braille books. When the employer moved for summary judgment, the court refused to dismiss the claim of disability based harassment. Noting that the Eighth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals had not yet explicitly established such a cause of action, the court nonetheless said that the Eighth Circuit "has not foreclosed application of this cause of action in appropriate circumstances." In refusing to dismiss the claim, the court clearly indicated its willingness to find for Lindgren on a claim of disability harassment. "This court simply cannot turn its head from this type of harassment," Judge Michael J. Davis wrote, "made all the more severe and pervasive because it preys on the plaintiff’s very disability—her blindness." Disability based harassment is a viable cause of action under the ADA, and it’s one that’s appearing in cases with increasing frequency. Claims available under different titles 42 USC § 12203(b) is the section of the ADA that has been read to supply a cause of action for disability-based harassment. It’s located among the law’s miscellaneous provisions and reads as follows: It shall be unlawful to coerce, intimidate, threaten, or interfere with any individual in the exercise or enjoyment of, or on account of his or her having exercised or enjoyed, or on account of his or her having aided or encouraged any other individual in the exercise or enjoyment of, any right granted or protected by this chapter. In combination, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) have indicated that disability based harassment is separately prohibited under Titles I through III of this statute. The EEOC’s Title I regulation implementing the statutory retaliation provision is found at 29 CFR § 1630.12, and it expands the statutory language by explicitly barring disability based harassment. As to Title II, the DOJ includes an example of unlawful disability based harassment in its Technical Assistance Manual, saying that it would violate Title II for a private individual to harass an individual with cerebral palsy in an effort to prevent the disabled individual from attending a concert at a state park. In the appendix to its regulation implementing Title III of the statue, the DOJ says that it would be a violation of the title for a restaurant customer to harass an individual with a disability in order to try to prevent the individual from patronizing a restaurant. From Disability Compliance Bulletin 9/21/00 © 2000 LRP Publications.

Target

Some of my friends work at target here in Twin Cities suburbs, they have no probs with Target and I love shopping there.. Do you know why they have sports arena in Minneapolis called Target Center? Some of my friends are at RIT, and Target will take them again when school year is done for summer or during breaks.

Back