Students, Your questions answered here.

Hello where is Lemuel Watson in North Carolina some where teaching deaf at a N C school for deaf. He was my friend at ky school for deaf. Danville ky I not seen abt 50 or 60 years I hope to get in touch with him Thk u

Hi guys I'm trying to understand what it is like to be deaf for a project at university.

What do you say when you ask someone to repeat themselves? such as pardon?
What are the challenges you face in everyday life?
Do you hear anything at all while being deaf, or does it feel like anything?

Hi guys I'm trying to understand what it is like to be deaf for a project at university.

What do you say when you ask someone to repeat themselves? such as pardon?
What are the challenges you face in everyday life?
Do you hear anything at all while being deaf, or does it feel like anything?

I’m Hard-of-Hearing, and it’s most efficient to be more precise about what you didn’t hear when asking people to repeat themselves. “Sorry, who went on a trip to Italy?”, “It’s so noisy in here I cannot follow, could you write that address down for me?”, “Are you talking about our new project? You said Peter changed something?”, “I’m sorry, I cannot hear a thing of what they are talking about. Is it about the kids?”

This is efficient, and usually you can get a bit included. However, it’s still isolating, especially in social settings. Finding out what a joke was when everyone is laughing is often not possible. People do understand you need important information, but social relationships with hearing people are really affected by deafness.

Hi everyone! If any of you are deaf or hard of hearing I would love it if you could answer some of my questions.

1. Have you heard/experienced the stigma that surrounds cochlear implants? If so please elaborate on your experience.

2. If you chose one word to describe the Deaf/ HOH community what word would you choose?

3. If you were born to a hearing family and you are deaf or hoh, did you ever feel that your upbringing had many challenges?

4. Do you know any ASL or ESL? If so how did you learn? (school, family...)

5. Did you go to a school for the deaf or public school?
- If you went to public school did you ever face challenges interacting and getting along with other students?
- if you went to deaf school, do you think your school experience has been good so far and heightened?

Thank you all so much!!
If you answer all or any I greatly appreciate it!

Hi everyone! If any of you are deaf or hard of hearing I would love it if you could answer some of my questions.

1. Have you heard/experienced the stigma that surrounds cochlear implants? If so please elaborate on your experience.

2. If you chose one word to describe the Deaf/ HOH community what word would you choose?

3. If you were born to a hearing family and you are deaf or hoh, did you ever feel that your upbringing had many challenges?

4. Do you know any ASL or ESL? If so how did you learn? (school, family...)

5. Did you go to a school for the deaf or public school?
- If you went to public school did you ever face challenges interacting and getting along with other students?
- if you went to deaf school, do you think your school experience has been good so far and heightened?

Thank you all so much!!
If you answer all or any I greatly appreciate it!
Hi, This is an All Deaf Forum, so the majority here are either D/deaf or HoH. It is also a community forum, so all of us have varied life stories which can be found throughout the forum. If you scroll through each thread you will find the answer to all your questions. Happy Reading.

Hi Guys, my name is Oriana E. Montes, I am a hard-of-hearing person, also I am a student at Community College Baltimore County, there I am taking Introduction to Deaf Culture, as part of our final project I need to have an interview with a deaf person. If someone would like to help me with this, I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance

Back