Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign me up too! If anyone wants to practice with me feel free to contact me. I guess you can call me a beginner because I know the basics, but I'm a fast learner and I'll be glad to help beginners! Just give me a shout.

Would love to work with you too!

Skype is tricky because you need to have have the same free time as anybody else you are skyping with. For example, I am home doing nothing now and if we were contacts you would see I am home and we could skype. Cool if everybody is home at the same time.
I just learned about glide and it is cool because you can send a video and then your contact can watch it and reply whenever. It is basically text messaging with videos I think. I like glide, but being on the phone, the camera and lighting are somethings you have to be aware of.
Yeah. That's how Glide works. And if you have a group of people practicing, you post to the group and anyone can respond. But yes, Glide is like text messaging with video. The downside to Glide though, is that you don't get instant feedback. If you make a mistake, or your message is confusing, someone isn't there immediately to tell you that they don't understand, or to give you that look that lets you know they're confused. Marco Polo is another app that works the same way.

Sam_Notsmith I tried to add y0ou to Skype this morning but I am having trouble. it could not find you. If you are still interested in skyping, can you resend your Skype address.

Last edited:
I am taking a beginners ASL class at Troy University and I am looking for someone to practice my ASl with. Is there anyone that is available today?

Hi!! I'm just starting out. Looking for new friends to practice with! Cierajadee on Glide. ;)

Sorry I've been so busy (and probably will be until the new year). However, I definitely want to connect with you all some more to get to know you and practice our ASL together. I'll keep in touch.

Hello, I just started learning ASL and I am looking for someone to practice with on Glide. My username is @zojibba (?). Thank you!

Hi my name is Jess, I am planning on joining the interpreting program soon and would love to practice with anyone to help prevent becoming rusty. My signing skills are at an intermediate level.

My glide is @Ssej
Feel free to message me ☺️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back