Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have both Skype and ooVoo.

I would be more than happy to set up a weekly ASL chat for those who want to practise with an ASL fluent signer.

Is this offer still up?

I would love to FaceTime someone! I'm hearing and 18, in school to become an interpreter! I live in WV so the deaf population is very small and I don't have many opportunities to meet Deaf friends.

Something that might be a resource for others. There is a website that just launched called signlanguageforum.com

I feel like I'm the only person on there since the site is so new. But they have an area that has ASL video chat rooms. I think they can only handle 4 people at a time. The rooms are broken down into your experience level. So there's a beginner, intermediate, and advanced kind of set up. I've not really been able to use it since there are so few people registered for the site, but if more people were interested, it might make it a good place for people to jump in and practice with others.

I love this idea so much!! Who wants to set up a weekly time to all get on the site & sign?

I love this idea so much!! Who wants to set up a weekly time to all get on the site & sign?
I would!! I'm only 3 weeks into my class but would like to have people I can practice with. My glide is @RiantlyRiah

I would really like to participate. I am HoH and grew up using HAs with an FM system and an aid who voiced and/or used signed English sometimes to help. I got a BAHA in high school and have mainly been oral since. However I'm in ASL now because I want to be able to work with the Deaf community as a counselor. Also as someone who is HoH and was mainstreamed I want to be more involved with the Deaf community. Are we using Glide, Skype, what...?

Hello, I'm interested in practicing ASL via Glide. I'm hearing; my intro to ASL has been via Baby Signing Time with my 2yo son (also hearing). I started going through the Lifeprint courses to deepen my knowledge and understanding of ASL, and I realize without using it I won't really "get" it, nor will I retain it. Want to practice?

I would be interested in that and us meeting up once or twice a week to practice.
Something that might be a resource for others. There is a website that just launched called signlanguageforum.com

I feel like I'm the only person on there since the site is so new. But they have an area that has ASL video chat rooms. I think they can only handle 4 people at a time. The rooms are broken down into your experience level. So there's a beginner, intermediate, and advanced kind of set up. I've not really been able to use it since there are so few people registered for the site, but if more people were interested, it might make it a good place for people to jump in and practice with others.

Alisha i am not deaf but H.o.H.But i could d definitely use the experience and practice on my ASL i also have glide.
Hiya!

I've already posted in the "Introduce Yourself" thread. But I wanted to post here also.

I'm a late deaf (7 years now) learning ASL. I recently finished an ASL 1 class (using the Signing Naturally book). I'm also using Lifeprint (I'm on the 40's of their videos).

I would love to practice with someone. Preferably someone also deaf. But as long as you're serious about learning ASL, hearing doesn't matter :)

I just created a Glide account, because I know how popular it is for d/Deaf/ASL users/etc. So if you would like to be ASL buddies, please let me know!

I am looking for some help with ASL. I am in middle school right now and we don't have sign language, but there is a new kid and she is deaf. I felt so bad not being able to talk to her comfortably and am looking for help to learn.

Hi! My name is Melanie. I am 19, hearing, and English speaking. I am learning ASL in college and appreciate any help I can get. Feel free to contact me to practice. (Glide: mmills89 ; Skype: message me)

Hi! My name is Melanie. I am 19, hearing, and English speaking. I am learning ASL in college and appreciate any help I can get. Feel free to contact me to practice. (Glide: mmills89 ; Skype: message me)
I'm new to this website but if you would like to Skype message me :)

I am looking for some help with ASL. I am in middle school right now and we don't have sign language, but there is a new kid and she is deaf. I felt so bad not being able to talk to her comfortably and am looking for help to learn.
I can help you out a little bit :)

Hi Melanie, I'm Chris. I just started ASL about a month ago. I am not quick at signing, so if you would like to practice, let me know. I just downloaded Glide, but need to set up an account still.

If anyone is interested in practicing ASL, my Glide is fatbob14

Don't worry, Im new and sign slow.

I downloaded (for the iPhone) ASL Dictionary and Mimix3D. They have been helping me a lot in ASL. Good luck.

I am up for signing practice. I'm about ready three weeks in my first ASL course. Do you have Glide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back