Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to join both of you, though I want to add a warning, signing with other newbies like myself may get you to sign more PSE or even incorrectly.
I'm pretty sure I'll be signing in more PSE than correct ASL haha

i am a novice signer who is hearing. i would love to set up a weekly time schedule where i can video chat and practice asl!!
please help

Hey guys!
I'm trying to learn ASL and am taking a class next semester. Would anyone want to skype or glide for some practice!

Fair warning I'm pretty new at it but super eager to learn!

Me too. I have to admit that I am in a chat and I am extremely under experienced. They sign so well and quickly and I'm like, WILL I EVER UNDERSTAND.
In Glide you can review the video several times, and make pauses when they fingerspell :)
I don't like Skype, because you have to set the time for a call, in Glide you can message, and view the message anytime.

hi, i'm a college student whose teaching herself asl currently. been studying for about 6 months now and seriously considering going back to school to be an interpreter. i am hearing and know some sign (also some home sign probably also) because my mom is hoh. looking for people who are intermediate signers (you've mastered the basics of a conversation) looking to push their vocabulary, fingerspelling reception, etc. reply to this if you want to skype me or add me on skype: casey.ximena

Hello everyone!! I am also looking for someone to "Glide" with in to help me learn more and refresh my previous ASL skills. I live in the San Antonio, Texas area and would love to attend deaf and HOH socials or events to make lifelong friends.

Hi, everyone!!! I'm an ASL 102 student looking for someone to practice with outside of my class. I have glide and skype so let me know if you want to chat.

In Glide you can review the video several times, and make pauses when they fingerspell :)
I don't like Skype, because you have to set the time for a call, in Glide you can message, and view the message anytime.

Yes, that's a great upside to using Glide.. But some sign so quickly, and it's intimidating! I need ALOT more practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back