Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a student that just began my ASL Classes and determined to jump right in. I am already familiar with the basics and would love to start communicating (Skype and Messaging) with another another user. I am the only guy in a full class of females.. which is not an issue. I would like to practice with someone around my age (20), male or female, but I would not mind practicing with another guy since I am the only guy in my class. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Hi
I just started as well and would love to learn...
I figured since I don't know anyone who's deaf this would be a nice place to start...

Same!! I would love to be asl buddies!
I just started but if you want to skype
My name is timnav@hotmail.com
I'm a current undergraduate going to graduate school for social work in the near future. I am really interested in learning ASL. I'm definitely a beginner, with little knowledge of ASL other than the alphabet and a few signs. I do not have access to an instructor so I am self teaching. I want to be able to communicate with deaf/hard of hearing persons. My Skype name is SkyLuke26. I have finals coming up so I may take a little while to respond until the end of next week. I appreciate anyone willing to help me learn.
Hey! My name is Jasmine and I am new here. Looking to begin learning ASL with a one on one tutors help! Looking forward to talking with you guys!:lol:

Last edited:
Hi, I'm a student that just began my ASL. I am already familiar with the basics and would love to start communicating (Skype) with another user. I would like to practice with someone around my age (21), male or female. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Looking to chat with anyone through Skype: chase.91 I'm 25 and HoH. If you add my Skype, let me know who you are and that you're from here.

Hello! My name is Jacob and this is my first post on AllDeaf. I am not deaf or hard of hearing, but I'm hoping to meet new people and have fun learning ASL along the way.

The big question is... "Why do I want to learn ASL?"

Well, my philosophy and interest is just this. By learning a new language it opens the door to a whole world of people that I never would have been able to meet.

Anyway, I hope to make contact with some of you all. I have a webcam, so please PM me if you would like to chat sometime.

Last edited:
Another student here! One semester of ASL under my belt, but I'm re-taking ASL 1 at a different college and have learned more in a month from my new instructor than an entire semester with my old one! Still a lot to learn, but I'd be happy to practice with people over Skype or Glide. Please message me if you'd like to chat!

I didn't know this until recently, but a lady comes to my work regularly and orders food with a handwritten note. I got the opportunity to talk with her in ASL. Even if it was very beginner, she said she was proud that I was learning. :)

It's neat to be able to communicate with others.

I'm a student that just began my ASL Classes and determined to jump right in. I am already familiar with the basics and would love to start communicating (Skype and Messaging) with another another user. I am the only guy in a full class of females.. which is not an issue. I would like to practice with someone around my age (20), male or female, but I would not mind practicing with another guy since I am the only guy in my class. Let me know if anyone is interested.
I dont know if you are still interested in a practice partner, but I am def interested.

I'm eager to start video chatting with someone! The best method to reach me is by email, so we can set something up. Please, email me if you're interested. I'm in my first semester of ASL, but I plan on continuing the pathway and becoming fluent. I want to get better!

My email is: jaywalk707@gmail.com

Hello everyone! :)

My name's Amanda and I'm in the last semester of the interpreter training program at my college. Looking for ASL buddies that are very serious about learning ASL and who want to develop their skills more.

Would prefer people who are around an advanced (or even intermediate) level. I want to keep improving, as I have intentions of taking the certification test in January.

Thanks! :)

Hey Amanda. I'm Jessica, I am intermediate/advanced ASL user. I am also looking for someone to work with to develop my skills for the certification test ASAP

Hi, my name is Tyler and I've been taking ASL classes for 2 months. I get NO practice outside of class so my progress has been slow. Willing to chat on Skype of Gmail chat with any skill level. Email me at madametj AT gmail DOT com and we'll set something up!

Hey everyone,
My names Chanel, I'm an Aussie traveler at the moment and plan on being at this end of the word for a while. Sign language is something I've always wanted to learn and I'm all about smashing out your dreams. I have no experience but youtube is my friend and would love a partner in crime to show me the ways of the force. Eventually I know I'd have to go learn Auslan when I go home but I'd like to start on ASL if I can.
If anyone is willing to help let me know. :)
Cheers

Hi everyone,
My name is Kyra and I'm in my second year of ASL classes in school. I am doing well with signing, but we don't actually sign much in class, so I don't get much practice. I will be minoring in sign language studies next fall, so I would really love to practice and develop my signing skills further. Let me know if anyone is in the same sort of boat and maybe we can practice together!

I would love to collaborate with anyone! I'm in my second year of learning and I'd love to work with people and practice! Skype or Glide!

Hi everyone,
My name is Kyra and I'm in my second year of ASL classes in school. I am doing well with signing, but we don't actually sign much in class, so I don't get much practice. I will be minoring in sign language studies next fall, so I would really love to practice and develop my signing skills further. Let me know if anyone is in the same sort of boat and maybe we can practice together!
I am in the exact sam boat. Most of the people in my class aren't entirely interested, and we don't sign as often as I'd like for practice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back