Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey 22 year old here! Really wanting to learn ASL. I'm not very good at it. I can spell my name, and that's about it! If you're willing to help me learn, I can skype anytime! simoriah91
Thanks in advance! :)

I have webcam need to practice

My name is Heidi I am new to this but have been studying asl at the university for 6 months would really love someone to practice with please!

Learning ASL

:wave:Hi everyone, I'm Cassy and I'm starting a career in the child care field. I've been studying ASL for about a month, and haven't really gotten anywhere as I don't know anyone who can help me practice and learn. I'd like to skype with someone to help me out with this. Add me, cassybbyy

ASL practice

Hello Cassy, I have been taking ASL classes but practicing ASL with someone is a big help. I, too, have Skype and would be happy to sign with you.
GraceLand55

:wave:Hi everyone, I'm Cassy and I'm starting a career in the child care field. I've been studying ASL for about a month, and haven't really gotten anywhere as I don't know anyone who can help me practice and learn. I'd like to skype with someone to help me out with this. Add me, cassybbyy

ASL and Skype

:wave: I think practing ASL on Skype is a great idea. Many others seem to think so also. Since I work from home, my schedule is flexible. Let me know a convenient time for you to be on Skype and I would very much appreciate the help and practice. My name on Skype is kindashort4630. Thank you.

Hey I would love to practice with someone over skype or what ever you preference :) just let me know!

Reply: Kaat

I am an ASL 4 student (grandma of 3 yr. old Deaf grandson) who is struggling with receptive skills and looking for someone to sign with. At this point I think anything close to immersion is my only hope. My grandson lives quite a distance from me. I would love learning about bees as well. I have skype if you are able to use that. I'm also interested in the project you are involved with in Jamaica. Sounds so cool.
My email is: belgeris@charter.net

Thanks

Miriam Belgeri

Last edited:
Reply to Amy

Hi Amy,
I'm looking for someone to skype with as I am struggling with my ASL receptive skills. I am taking ASL 4 but I'm having trouble finding anyone who has time to sign with me. I think that's what is holding me back. My skype is: my1grandson
Thanks
Miriam

I am Amy and I'm 27. I am HOH and have a degree in Deaf Studies. I will sign with anyone. I am a lesbian so if that makes you uncomfortable I'm not the one to sign with. I'm usually bored so Skype me. Thanks.

Ap1287

Hi Amy,
I'm looking for someone to skype with as I am struggling with my ASL receptive skills. I am taking ASL 4 but I'm having trouble finding anyone who has time to sign with me. I think that's what is holding me back. My skype is: my1grandson
Thanks
Miriam

Portland, Oregon anyone? Progressively more hard of hearing my whole life. Probably more or less deaf in 10 years or so. Retired so fairly flexible. I practice now by signing and finger spelling songs while I hike with my dog.

Hi, I'm a student learning asl. I'm 21 and so far I can only finger spell and do a few basic signs. I have skype and a web cam :)

Hello!
My name is Joseph, I am from Phoenix, AZ. I am getting ready to take an ALS competency exam in March and need as much practice as I can get. My sister is an interpreter so I have a "no voice" rule with her. She is very helpful, but she knows me and I know her so we can "see through" each others mannerisms. I want to be able to sign with many different signers who each have their own "accent."

If you are at a conversational level, let me know and we can Skype, Google+, FaceTime, iChat… or whatever.

macdonald.joseph.r@gmail.com

Hi Everyone,

I am an ASL 1 student but have basic conversational skills down (I think, haha). Would love to practice with someone on Skype.

Bit of background: I am about to graduate with my degree in Elementary Education and start graduate school. I have had Deaf students before and would love to become fluent in ASL in order to better serve them.

Hello, my skills are below conversational, so I'd like to have someone that I could get to know before I start attempting ASL.

Hello,

I have been hard of hearing with hearing aids all my life and my parents never wanted me to learn sign language and i have been a in a mainstream school with hearing kids all my life i have recently been decreasing my hearing and soon to be completely deaf i am working on my asl skills all on my own i am 15 and it would be great if i could learn or practice with u please email me at heysellcruz23@gmail.com if you are interested so we can talk firther details

Hi Everyone!

If anyone would like to chat in ASL, I would love too. I'm a former Gallaudet graduate student and I just got accepted into a Deaf Education program to become a Teacher of the Deaf. My ASL continues to improve, but I need to practice more. I have Skype, Tinychat, Oovoo, and Google+/Hangout.

Best wishes to everyone!

-John

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

If anyone would like to chat in ASL, I would love too. I'm a former Gallaudet graduate student and I just got accepted into a Deaf Education program to become a Teacher of the Deaf. My ASL continues to improve, but I need to practice more. I have Skype, Tinychat, Oovoo, and Google+/Hangout.

Best wishes to everyone!

-John

I'd be interested in chatting with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back