Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Hi, I am learning ASL online and would love to be able to sign with someone for practice via videochat or such. I am a beginner of the language so if you have time and are patient I would love to learn more with you.

I'm nervous to sign with people on Skype, but the bottom line is that there are NO signing/Deaf events ANYWHERE near me.

So I have to bite the bullet and do this. I set up a Skype account "Ruby.Q." I'm willing to try Oovoo or Google Hangout or whatever else too.

I'm home most days with my 5 month old and my 3 year old goes to preschool 3 days a week. It's probably easier for me to do this in the day time than the evening.

Message me if you are interested in chatting with me. My signing level is beyond ASL 4.

ASL practice

I would love someone to practice asl with. I'm currently enrolled in an ASL 3 class but I feel like I'm very rusty when it comes to conversational skills/vocab and receptive skills. I can use google chat and FaceTime to chat!

hey everyone ! if you wanna practice with me, im amnadia13...im new to this forum and site lol xD

I have posted several times wanting to practice ASL on Skype or FaceTime, but never get a response. Where is the correct place to post that you would like help with ASL?

Graceland I will practice with you! I don't have skype but I can use gmail which has a video chat service like Skype. How can I get ahold of you?

If anyone wanna practice their sign language with me, then you're welcome to do that. My Skype is roarke.murray
BTW I am actually deaf.

Hi everyone! My name is Laura. I've been taking ASL classes for 4 years, and I've been volunteering as an interpreter for school functions for 2 years. I have a skype, and soon I will make an ooVoo :) Send me a message if you would like to chat!

PS: I'm not very good at using this website, so if I can't reply to you just know it was probably a technical issue!

Anyone have a iPhone want to face to me goin deaf need to learn fast plz help

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

looking for someone who can help me improve my ASL signing

I'm interested in ASL, so I started to learn it by myself and I need to practice my signing. The problem is in Thailand which I stay, doesn't have the class and people who use ASL.

If you can help me practice please contract me via my skype: nann_nittaya

Thank you.

Hey everyone. Two Years ago I finished up to ASL 2. I'm trying to relearn it and become more involved into the deaf community. I have a lot of catching up to do.

I have a very demanding schedule, but with whatever time I have left, it'd be awesome to just sit and chat with people. even if we aren't using a webcam, I like to leave my messengers online (yes, even at work. shhhhh!). Feel free to just drop in a message throughout the day.

If you want to make a new friend and have someone to practice with:
Skype ID: mymyganda
oovoo ID: mmsmiles

Last edited:
I'm interested in ASL, so I started to learn it by myself and I need to practice my signing. The problem is in Thailand which I stay, doesn't have the class and people who use ASL.

If you can help me practice please contract me via my skype: nann_nittaya

Thank you.!
Hey Nann, I messaged you on Skype. If you'd like to befriend, just accept as you wish.

Hi! I'm pretty new here, so I'll be brief~

I'm Blue, and I am an art student that would really like to practice ASL with someone. I took an ASL 1 class two years ago, and I've been teaching myself ASL, even though I'm not very good at it. Message me if you want to skype with an absolute beginner! :)
I went up to ASL2, two years ago, and I am trying to relearn everything. Lets help each other out.

Hi
I am losing my hearing and at this point officially Hard-of-Hearing. I am taking ASL courses online, but that leaves my feeling like I am perfect! (since no one is there to say "What was THAT?" Anyway, I have a mac and use FaceTime and could really benefit from some face to face time .

I'm a willing buddy to help you practice. I have facetime as well.

Hey Everyone!

I'm looking to practice my ASL with others. I've been signing for about 7 years, but my ASL seems to have gotten a little rusty and would love to chat with anyone. I have Skype and Google.

Best wishes :wave:

John

Hey Everyone!

I'm looking to practice my ASL with others. I've been signing for about 7 years, but my ASL seems to have gotten a little rusty and would love to chat with anyone. I have Skype and Google.

Best wishes :wave:

John

Hey John. I have an odd working schedule, but if we somehow reached the same availability Id like to help you practice. my skype is mymyganda.

Could use some help...

Hello, I'm interested in finding someone to help me practice ASL, preferably over Skype.
I've actually never taken a formal class in ASL, I've just been teaching myself over the past few weeks. I don't know anyone who is fluent in my daily life, so I really don't know how good my signing is.

If anyone is available, just let me know!

I'm looking to learn more ASL too, I've used lifeprint for about a month, but I can't seem to get the signs to stick real good. My skype is kristiemom20 if you'd like to help me PLEASE!! Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back