Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moe5, it might be helpful if you write a little bit about yourself - interests, level of ASL experience - so users know who they'll be chatting with.

Also, not much time has passed, so give it some time.

I'm Amy I'm 27 no longer a student but I'm looking for people to sign meith. Make friends. Chat every once in awhile. My skype is ap1287 :) I am hard of hearing and have been signing for 10 years but haven't had anyone to sign with for the past few so I may be a little rusty at first.

Hey Amy, I'm looking to make friends as well and I'll be more than happy to chat on Skype if you'd like. :) username is rbdshadow32

ME To

I'm Jander. I'm 30 and I'm very new to ASL. My Fiance is learning in College and am learning from her (she just finished her first semester) Unfortunately i work to much to take a legitimate course. Anyone willing to chat with me and help me learn i would be very thankful.

Cheers,
Jander

I would really love to practice my ASL as my hearing is not doing so well at the moment :) any help would be greatly appreciated

I would be interested in having a group ooVoo chat with a bunch of beginners and a native signer or an individual video chat with a native signer.

Group chat may be better because there are so many beginners here and only a few people willing to help and I don't want to impose on anyone.

I consider myself to be an intermediate-level signer. I will be available this upcoming week in the evenings (~ 7-10 PM), after which I'm usually too tired to sign. I need more Deaf people to practice with.

Please feel free to add me on Skype/ooVoo: asperger.revenge

Hi friends, i would like to make friends with ASL users. Is it okay to chat with me via skype(ahjas_15) ? Or can choose to email me instead so that i can get back to u on time.

My SEE is similar to ASL despite there are some differences. Btw, im from singapore so hello!

email : sillygal_15@hotmail.com

Hey everyone! I'm currently in ASL 3 and in need of practice partners!! Please!! my skype is alyse.mcgiboney feel free to add me! I need a LOT of practice.

My name is Karlton. I lost my hearing several years ago and I am finally getting the ball rolling with ASL. I am in the early stages of learning (LvL 1.?). I am looking for people to practice and learn with. I think I have Skype and I have a VP also. Skype: kagause

Last edited:
I'm a late-deafened 22 year old who has ironically been a part of the Deaf community my whole life, though I don't have anyone in my family who is deaf. I'm chronically ill and stuck in bed most of the time with nothing to do. I'd love to Skype with anyone who is interested. My signing is a bit rusty due to me lip reading and speaking most of the time and not being able to go to Deaf socials much anymore. However, I'd love to help anyone who is wanting to learn, or to have anyone help me. I'm up for whatever. :)

My Skype username is 'KhronicallyBreathless'.

I'm a bit shy at first but I warm up quick. I'm also a very sarcastic person so a sense of humor of course is a bonus! :)

Wirelessly posted

I am currently in Jamaica for a natural beekeeping internship. I have been focusing on making beekeeping more accessible to the deaf by collaborating with the local deaf association to provide beekeeping trainings for interested deaf persons. With ASL being my second language, I am looking for someone who is interested in learning about honeybees and natural beekeeping that can help me improve my ASL. I am quite fluent already but my grammar skills needs further development and I need the practice. If you wouldn't mind talking about how awesome honeybees are and refining my ASL, do shoot me an e-mail (to be found on my profile page)!

Hey guys! My name is Julia. I'm 20 (soon to be 21! :) And HOH/Deaf
And I'm more than welcome to help out to anyone! If you would like, and plus I like to meet new people.

I sometimes use Skype but I prefer Google Plus. Definitely try Google, better connection.

Other than that, Let me know and I can try to help in any way I can! :)

-Julia

Hi Julia where can I find u on google+

I am Amy and I'm 27. I am HOH and have a degree in Deaf Studies. I will sign with anyone. I am a lesbian so if that makes you uncomfortable I'm not the one to sign with. I'm usually bored so Skype me. Thanks.

Ap1287

I have found a lady who teaches a class near me..... we go once a week and I love it..... We had a meeting tonight...

I am 27 and HOH moderate left ear moderate/severe in right ear... my loss is progressive wearing Phonak Audeo S Minis

Hi there! My name is John, i am 21 and have always been interested in signing. I'll be honest I know absolutely nothing about ASL atm haha, but I am currently watching Bill Vicars Videos on YouTube trying to teach myself which is kinda hard not being able to practice with someone.

So if someone is willing to teach me who is passionate about learning how to sign from scratch then message me please :D I hope to hear from you soon!

I want to learn ASL

Hey guys i'm Courtney and I really am interested in Deaf Culture and learning to sign. I don't know of any classes to take near me and I don't know anyone deaf personally but I would really love to learn to sign. I know how to finger spell and I know a couple basic signs but if anyone wants to help me out, I would really appreciate learning from a native ASL signer. Thanks a bunch guys!

Just putting myself out there again, looking for practice partners. Learning ASL still and can hold my end of the conversation if you're patient. :dance2:
KeithASL on Skype

Hello. I have not been on for a long time. I am still learning ASL. Looking for practice with different people. ink289 is my Skype name

Hi, I'm new here, and I'd like to practise my signing with anyone willing to help, and has the patience. I only got a single semester of ASL 1, and that was several months ago without practise, so that should give you an idea of how bad I am... But! I am still eager to learn more! My skype name is facadepapergirl, so feel free to add me. I'm not on as often as I like, but I'm almost always on on Wednesdays, and I try to be on on weekdays, between 9 and 5.

I'm Shelby and I am 16. I need people to practice with, if that's cool. shelbyrosew97 is my Skype thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back