Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!! I took a class of ASL and fell in love with it! Thing is, i have no one to practice with and i really dont want to forget what i learned! I downloaded an app on the itouch for webcam conversations, if anyone wants to practice please e-mail me at santosmelisa5@gmail.com so that i can share the webcam info so that we can sign! :) I'm excited!! :)

Hello!! I took a class of ASL and fell in love with it! Thing is, i have no one to practice with and i really dont want to forget what i learned! I downloaded an app on the itouch for webcam conversations, if anyone wants to practice please e-mail me at santosmelisa5@gmail.com so that i can share the webcam info so that we can sign! :) I'm excited!! :)

What's the itouch?

I'm assuming that they mean an iPod Touch app? But I've never heard of a webcam app for an iPod Touch... Interesting concept; I will have to look more into it. :hmm:

I am thinking of Facetime or Skype. iPod touch 4th generation has this capability, but it's going to be hard for a novice signer to use and learn on this.

The app i downloaded from itunes is called "mobile convo" and it has a green video camera on it, i was hoping it would let you pick who to sign with but it's more of an app where you add your contacts for web conversations :P

I am thinking of Facetime or Skype. iPod touch 4th generation has this capability, but it's going to be hard for a novice signer to use and learn on this.

Right. I forgot about that. (I thought iPhone had that capability, but not iPod touch. I dunno. Oh, whatever. I'm not up on this stuff, haha :))

Try getting a Skype app. Then you can chat with other skype users.

My daughter uses it to call me, but I should warn you that such a small screen is really more suited to an experienced signer.

That's what I was thinking, too - that the screen of an iPod touch wouldn't be a good size of screen for a beginner.

Billie, you'd probably be better off using a regular computer, if you can. I'd think that it would be A LOT easier on you.

yeah i'm starting to think so...i dont have a webcam on my computer, i'll try to buy one but until then ill try to make it work with the ipod, maybe place it somewhere?

I agree, i'm going to try to get a webcam as soon as i can for my computer! :) im excited :)

Hello bear to us I find out evaluation your ASL!, I am lots of work your review ASL be patient I do review your students
skype smithtr

Don't be hurry posts I do support to your ASL
Don't forget!

Thank

so...a few of you guys have added me on skype (for which, I am really grateful). unfortunately, i haven't video chatted with anyone yet because i'm SUPER nervous. i've been going to Deaf Chat Coffee nights where i live and watching people sign. i've even signed with a few people, but it seems like they kinda get bored signing with me because i only know basic conversational signs. anywho, these experiences have sort of made me nervous about skyping with anyone....suggestions?

Good to meet new ppl using ASL

i am new to ASL, and i can use the practice, i want to get used to seeing someone else sign, and keeping up, if anyone wouldnt mind helping me, my skype is ciisten :)

Hi, my name is Shaydrian. I've been taking ASL for over a year now, and I'm definitely willing to chat with both you and sammii on skype. I'll add both of you. on skype. my skype name is SHAYJTODAY BTW

Hello Student please bear of us wait difficult, (edit short:It is very lots of best my interview)

btw I will let know you ,you mind me

you my skype smithtr

Hello I will add for you few people!

Hey Smithtr,

I will also add you too. I've came across a lot of your post on this site. Thanks for being so helpful!

I will process for you review ready work project ASL I am best effort you student :) I do process student free times anytimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back