Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign me up too! If anyone wants to practice with me feel free to contact me. I guess you can call me a beginner because I know the basics, but I'm a fast learner and I'll be glad to help beginners! Just give me a shout.

I have both Skype and ooVoo.

I would be more than happy to set up a weekly ASL chat for those who want to practise with an ASL fluent signer.

I have a P3 and Skype.

I would love to chat via webcam. I am in the interpreter program at my community college here on Long Island. I am always looking for people to practice with.

I personally think that the video chat through gmail is the best one. The picture is clear and there is minimum, if any, delay. But I am willing to use whichever one you want.

Looking forward to chatting,
Julie

I have a new web cam! For those of you considering getting a web cam, I got the Logitech Pro 9000. The video quality is excellent and it was easy to set up. Cost runs about $100.

I've got P3 and Skype. I'm ready to join in.

Somehow I missed the previous plans. I'll watch here for more info.

When and where for the next meeting?

I have Skype and ooVoo. I would be interested in practicing with everyone. This way the more friends you add the better chance you have of seeing someone when you log on every day.

I think both my skype and oovoo is. tcwelker

What a great profile pic!! Congrats on that precious little addition to your family. :) I will also try to add ya on my Skype after I get home...

I'm game :)
My Skype name is mybudgieloki. I'm usually online tuesdays-saturdays after midnight (eastern time)
I'm currently in ASL2 so please bear with me.

P3 is a program only for Deaf or hard of hearing people. Us hearies don't get to use it.

NOVA ITP Student needs practice before starting second year in the fall> I've finished ASL 6 and a few interpreting classes but practice, practice, practice //// meg22657 on skype /// meg22844 on yahoo IM

Last edited:
Okay, my message got erased, but I'm open for chatting. My Skype account ID is in my profile.

I am about three-quarters of the way through ASL I at my college. I'm interested in becoming an interpreter, so being able to Skype with other students would help me a lot! :D

My Skype name is ReYourBrains.

Hi all again....

My account got lost in the database crash and I had to re-register under a different ID for some reason. I was thephantomsgirl.

I'm studying every day and soon will be ready to Skype with other ASL newbies.

ooVoo: Hollykins2
YIM: thephantomsgirlfriend

This is fun. So far I have talked/signed with Marylou and KristinaB on Skype and Celticty on ooVoo.

I have a lot of trouble keeping my hands in the picture when I sign.

Just signed up for Skype and ooVoo, never heard of them before, but was lucky, got my favorite name on both The_Boompa.

I'm just finishing ASL Basic 2 at college, after teaching myself at home for a year. This Fall I will be entering the Interpreter program in college. If anyone would like to practice, my Skype name is in my profile. I try to get on Skype at least a couple of times a week, but my schedule is a little off from the norm, but hey, If we're on at the same time I'll chat. :)

I'm just finishing ASL Basic 2 at college, after teaching myself at home for a year. This Fall I will be entering the Interpreter program in college. If anyone would like to practice, my Skype name is in my profile. I try to get on Skype at least a couple of times a week, but my schedule is a little off from the norm, but hey, If we're on at the same time I'll chat. :)

You're ahead of me!!

ASL buddies

I have a question for you all. Can you talk with more than one person at a time on Skype? If we can, maybe we could have a small group just chat together and sy what's been going on or what we're thinking about, or getting to know other buddies better. Of course practice ASL. What do you all think. Will that work?:giggle:

I have a question for you all. Can you talk with more than one person at a time on Skype?

That would be great, however, I just looked at the FAQ's for Skype and they do not have that feature. :( I believe ooVoo does, but only for the paid version. Although ooVoo allows you to use that feature for your first 30 days of having it - then they charge.

A poem just for you

We're ASL buddies and and good friends
On each other we can depend
This attitude and behavior will always continue
Whether I am sad or angry
Talking with you, stops me from being upset
My ASL buddies are true
Hearts filled with love, kindness, respect-------you do
Thank you, thank you:ty:

I just created an account with justin.tv
May I join you Sunday at 1:00p.m.?
Can you explain how this works please?

I just created an account with justin.tv
May I join you Sunday at 1:00p.m.?
Can you explain how this works please?

Mrs. Bucket has been ill with more problems with her eyes. I am not sure she feels up to that right now.

If she does hopefully she will see this and let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back