Students Looking for ASL buddies

Discussion in 'Sign Language & Deaf Education' started by Bottesini, Feb 25, 2010.

1. jazlynn ybarra

jazlynn ybarra New Member

Hi feel free to text or email me
    361-218-7247
    Jazlynn2232@icloud.com

2. Alisha58

Alisha58 New Member

Hiya!

I've already posted in the "Introduce Yourself" thread. But I wanted to post here also.

I'm a late deaf (7 years now) learning ASL. I recently finished an ASL 1 class (using the Signing Naturally book). I'm also using Lifeprint (I'm on the 40's of their videos).

I would love to practice with someone. Preferably someone also deaf. But as long as you're serious about learning ASL, hearing doesn't matter :)

I just created a Glide account, because I know how popular it is for d/Deaf/ASL users/etc. So if you would like to be ASL buddies, please let me know!

Ericka and danisea like this.
  3. Lysander

Lysander Active Member Premium Member

Something that might be a resource for others. There is a website that just launched called signlanguageforum.com

I feel like I'm the only person on there since the site is so new. But they have an area that has ASL video chat rooms. I think they can only handle 4 people at a time. The rooms are broken down into your experience level. So there's a beginner, intermediate, and advanced kind of set up. I've not really been able to use it since there are so few people registered for the site, but if more people were interested, it might make it a good place for people to jump in and practice with others.

Ericka, danisea and Rylee like this.
  4. Sara1245

Sara1245 New Member

5. Sara1245

Sara1245 New Member

Is this offer still up?

6. Kaleb

Kaleb New Member

Hello everyone im new here, how are yall

7. Kaleb

Kaleb New Member

I also have skype looking to practice

8. Rylee

Rylee New Member

I would love to FaceTime someone! I'm hearing and 18, in school to become an interpreter! I live in WV so the deaf population is very small and I don't have many opportunities to meet Deaf friends.

9. Rylee

Rylee New Member

I love this idea so much!! Who wants to set up a weekly time to all get on the site & sign?

10. M_J

M_J New Member

I would!! I'm only 3 weeks into my class but would like to have people I can practice with. My glide is @RiantlyRiah

11. zeefour

zeefour Member

I would really like to participate. I am HoH and grew up using HAs with an FM system and an aid who voiced and/or used signed English sometimes to help. I got a BAHA in high school and have mainly been oral since. However I'm in ASL now because I want to be able to work with the Deaf community as a counselor. Also as someone who is HoH and was mainstreamed I want to be more involved with the Deaf community. Are we using Glide, Skype, what...?

12. danisea

danisea New Member

Hello, I'm interested in practicing ASL via Glide. I'm hearing; my intro to ASL has been via Baby Signing Time with my 2yo son (also hearing). I started going through the Lifeprint courses to deepen my knowledge and understanding of ASL, and I realize without using it I won't really "get" it, nor will I retain it. Want to practice?

13. Ericka

Ericka Member

I would be interested in that and us meeting up once or twice a week to practice.

14. Ericka

Ericka Member

Alisha i am not deaf but H.o.H.But i could d definitely use the experience and practice on my ASL i also have glide.

15. Arriana Spokes

Arriana Spokes New Member

I am looking for some help with ASL. I am in middle school right now and we don't have sign language, but there is a new kid and she is deaf. I felt so bad not being able to talk to her comfortably and am looking for help to learn.