Students Looking for ASL buddies

Discussion in 'Sign Language & Deaf Education' started by Bottesini, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Kwopershall

Kwopershall New Member

Hi my name is Kayleene. I'm still really new with ASL so I'm looking to make friends and meet other people who sign since you can't really get better without practice. I have Skype and glide but I'd prefer glide! My username is kwopershall on glide if you wanna practice!

2. David Lamb

David Lamb New Member

Hello... I am an ASL Student, wanting to become an interpreter. I am currently in ASL 2, as well as Intro to Deaf Culture Studies. I would love to have someone to practice with as I was told I would need to submerse myself in the community in order to become an interpreter.
    If anyone would like to add me, you are more than welcome to. I am 31, male, live in San Diego. Thank you all
    Skype name: Medic_Dave

3. Mieke

Mieke Belgian ASL noob Premium Member

Hi David , I think there are plenty of Deaf events in that area, so go out and chat and maybe make a new friend :)

4. Mady

Mady New Member

I would love to help anyone with ASL. I am losing hearing and beginning myself! My Skype is mady.grandy

5. Mady

Mady New Member

Anyone wanna practice some sign language with me? I am hard of hearing but I can read lips, and I can talk! My Skype is mady.grandy

6. Ini_Elena

Ini_Elena New Member

Hey I'm a beginner and would love someone to practice with! I've taken two semesters but that was a while ago so I'm a bit rusty. It seems everyone has Skype here so I guess I'll have to make one soon lol I promise I'm a fast learner

7. johnb

johnb New Member

Hi, I am deaf and new to this forum :) I have some basic ASL skills - want to get better at it, and also make some friends. If you wanna practice with me, my skype id is jcbrown525.

8. Ini_Elena

Ini_Elena New Member

Hey if you're still looking for a partner to practice with I'm also a beginner! Maybe we can help each other?