Students Looking for ASL buddies

Discussion in 'Sign Language & Deaf Education' started by Bottesini, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Sarah Won

Sarah Won New Member

I'm down to Glide! or Skype! Shoot me a pm.

2. Elyza

Elyza New Member

Anyone looking for someone to learn with or practice with. Im not sure my level.
    I can hold conversation. Well some conversation and i know random words ive picked up. I was being taught by a girl i worked with but i had to move. She was awesome and had a great sense of humor which made the learning experience great.

3. Sam Palmer

Sam Palmer New Member

I'm a student that just began my ASL Classes and determined to jump right in. I am already familiar with the basics and would love to start communicating (Skype and Messaging) with another another user. I am the only guy in a full class of females.. which is not an issue. I would like to practice with someone around my age (20), male or female, but I would not mind practicing with another guy since I am the only guy in my class. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  4. Zelia

Zelia New Member

Hello everyone! :)

My name's Amanda and I'm in the last semester of the interpreter training program at my college. Looking for ASL buddies that are very serious about learning ASL and who want to develop their skills more.

Would prefer people who are around an advanced (or even intermediate) level. I want to keep improving, as I have intentions of taking the certification test in January.

Thanks! :)

5. Timna Vandenbulcke

Timna Vandenbulcke New Member

Hi
    I just started as well and would love to learn...
    I figured since I don't know anyone who's deaf this would be a nice place to start...

6. Timna Vandenbulcke

Me too maybe we can skype and learn together... If you're interested (I just started so I don't know much)

7. Timna Vandenbulcke

Same!! I would love to be asl buddies!
    I just started but if you want to skype
    My name is timnav@hotmail.com

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  8. Smithtr

Smithtr G.G.H.T Premium Member

9. Kidodz

Kidodz New Member

Hi, I'm a student that just began my ASL. I am already familiar with the basics and would love to start communicating (Skype) with another user. I would like to practice with someone around my age (21), male or female. Let me know if anyone is interested.

10. chase.91

chase.91 New Member

Looking to chat with anyone through Skype: chase.91 I'm 25 and HoH. If you add my Skype, let me know who you are and that you're from here.

11. Baer Verteidiger

Baer Verteidiger New Member

Hello! My name is Jacob and this is my first post on AllDeaf. I am not deaf or hard of hearing, but I'm hoping to meet new people and have fun learning ASL along the way.

The big question is... "Why do I want to learn ASL?"

Well, my philosophy and interest is just this. By learning a new language it opens the door to a whole world of people that I never would have been able to meet.

Anyway, I hope to make contact with some of you all. I have a webcam, so please PM me if you would like to chat sometime.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  12. PersonaThief

PersonaThief New Member

Another student here! One semester of ASL under my belt, but I'm re-taking ASL 1 at a different college and have learned more in a month from my new instructor than an entire semester with my old one! Still a lot to learn, but I'd be happy to practice with people over Skype or Glide. Please message me if you'd like to chat!

13. Baer Verteidiger

Baer Verteidiger New Member

I didn't know this until recently, but a lady comes to my work regularly and orders food with a handwritten note. I got the opportunity to talk with her in ASL. Even if it was very beginner, she said she was proud that I was learning. :)

It's neat to be able to communicate with others.

Mieke likes this.
  14. Amanda11

Amanda11 New Member

I am looking to learn more ASL

15. KaeLeann

KaeLeann New Member

I dont know if you are still interested in a practice partner, but I am def interested.

Boylston likes this.
  16. HearingShannon

HearingShannon New Member

anyone who wants to video chat, just message me and we can set something up.

17. SantaRosa

SantaRosa New Member

I'm eager to start video chatting with someone! The best method to reach me is by email, so we can set something up. Please, email me if you're interested. I'm in my first semester of ASL, but I plan on continuing the pathway and becoming fluent. I want to get better!

My email is: jaywalk707@gmail.com

18. Jessica Luebbert

Jessica Luebbert New Member

Hey Amanda. I'm Jessica, I am intermediate/advanced ASL user. I am also looking for someone to work with to develop my skills for the certification test ASAP

19. madametj

madametj New Member

Hi, my name is Tyler and I've been taking ASL classes for 2 months. I get NO practice outside of class so my progress has been slow. Willing to chat on Skype of Gmail chat with any skill level. Email me at madametj AT gmail DOT com and we'll set something up!

20. Chanellus

Chanellus New Member

Hey everyone,
    My names Chanel, I'm an Aussie traveler at the moment and plan on being at this end of the word for a while. Sign language is something I've always wanted to learn and I'm all about smashing out your dreams. I have no experience but youtube is my friend and would love a partner in crime to show me the ways of the force. Eventually I know I'd have to go learn Auslan when I go home but I'd like to start on ASL if I can.
    If anyone is willing to help let me know. :)
    Cheers