Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can help,please write back
Hi, my name is Danielle. I think that's really nice that you offer help to ASL beginners. If you have any free time I have some questions. I started learning ASL a few months ago bc I have a condition where it is painful to talk for a long period of time. I'd like to meet others that know sign language so I don't have to use my voice! lol. Please lmk thank you :wave:

Hello!
I just found this thread - very cool! I use Signed English, but can converse in ASL as well. I'm looking to make some friends as well.
Best, Jude

Hi, my name is Danielle. I think that's really nice that you offer help to ASL beginners. If you have any free time I have some questions. I started learning ASL a few months ago bc I have a condition where it is painful to talk for a long period of time. I'd like to meet others that know sign language so I don't have to use my voice! lol. Please lmk thank you :wave:

Hello :), I am currently studying the language to become an interpreter- I'm a little over half way in the actual language classes (but still have a longgggg way to go). I'd be willing to chat with you though and try to answer any questions you have as best as I can.

I aim to come on here more often- I haven't been here in years (back in high school is when i joined). I'll check this within a week to see if you responded :).

In the meantime, I'm sure you've found lifeprint- if not, check it out, it's a really great resource for those learning ASL. Bill Vicars (owner of Lifeprint, and a professor) posts videos on youtube if you look them up

I love to help you out,please let me know what you want me to do.

Hi, I'm sydney, im hearing and trying to become an interpreter and would love some help and would love having someone to practice with! I have Skype, snapchat, whichever is best for you!
Same here... I have had 2 semesters of ASL. Looking to practice and have fun conversations!

Hi Sydney! I am exactly like you. If you would like to practice via Skype or whatever, let me know! :)

I need help. I am hard of hearing and losing my hearing. I have been learning asl. I am somewhat advanced but could use a lot more practice. Any want to help?

I personally like discussing ASL videos where two Deaf people are having a discussion. That way you learn new vocabulary and how deaf people actually use their language. It is very important to get out of the 'hearing thinking' mode.

If you can find a video like that, we could discuss how the words go together. And then once you are confident about the vocabulary, we could video chat and take turns copying the conversation from both sides. Afterwards we could chat a little about our own topics.

positivsigner atgmail.com

hi, i just want to learn ASL, please help me, we can make a zoom meating. thank you :lol::lol::lol:
my Meeting ID: 683 716 8591
Passcode: 434979

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back