Strongest OTC Sleeping Pill ?

Ambien is a really good prescription sleep aid, but it IS very addictive. Please be careful with it.

Yes, I am very well aware about the addiction and like I said I didn't go back for more after I used up the pills, but thanks for the warning!

I took it last year when I was in the hospital. Was on it for about a month. Soon as I came home, though, the insurance wouldn't pay for it, so I came off it. Was fine by me. I didn't like it. It helped me sleep, but it also screwed with my memory. Basically, my short term memory was shot! But, I was also on narcotics for pain relief, so I'm sure that had an effect too.

You mean the Ambien pill screwed up your memory? Sorry to hear that you had to go through it like that. That's definitely no fun at all. Also, I'm not surprised about the insurance... it's just awful that there's so many of us who can't sleep anymore...

Can you care to explain me what "PMS" tea is? Is it an abbrevation word for PMS?

True, I am agree with you that it could be addictive if you continue to take sleeping pill.

PMS means Pre-Menstrual Syndrome

premenstrual syndrome
n. (Abbr. PMS)
A varied group of physical and psychological symptoms, including abdominal bloating, breast tenderness, headache, fatigue, irritability, anxiety, and depression, that occur from 2 to 7 days before the onset of menstruation and cease shortly after menses begins.

More info about PMS Tea and including a picture
PMS TEA - Traditional Medicinals

Yes, I am very well aware about the addiction and like I said I didn't go back for more after I used up the pills, but thanks for the warning!

You mean the Ambien pill screwed up your memory? Sorry to hear that you had to go through it like that. That's definitely no fun at all. Also, I'm not surprised about the insurance... it's just awful that there's so many of us who can't sleep anymore...

The ambien did appear to mess up my memory, but I also was taking a narcotic along with the ambien. I'm sure the two meds taken together probably interacted, and helped cause the problems I was having. I don't really know if it was just the ambien or the combination. But, I didn't like taking the ambien. Incidently, I'm no longer taking the narcotic I was on, either.

As for insurances, DO NOT get me started on that! :lol:

The ambien did appear to mess up my memory, but I also was taking a narcotic along with the ambien. I'm sure the two meds taken together probably interacted, and helped cause the problems I was having. I don't really know if it was just the ambien or the combination. But, I didn't like taking the ambien. Incidently, I'm no longer taking the narcotic I was on, either.

You could be right, it's probably the combination of two pills that messed you up. My father is the same way with his memory and he's been on about 13 different medications for a long time and he's not the same dad I knew before. I just know it's the medication, but he has to have them otherwise he wouldn't be here, ya know? *sigh* What a way to live...

As for insurances, DO NOT get me started on that! :lol:
Okay ma'am :cool2:

Last edited:
PMS means Pre-Menstrual Syndrome

premenstrual syndrome
n. (Abbr. PMS)
A varied group of physical and psychological symptoms, including abdominal bloating, breast tenderness, headache, fatigue, irritability, anxiety, and depression, that occur from 2 to 7 days before the onset of menstruation and cease shortly after menses begins.

More info about PMS Tea and including a picture
PMS TEA - Traditional Medicinals

Very interesting information... I didn´t know about this... :eek3: wow, thank you for provide this link...

I will go to health shop and have a look either we have it or not.

Very interesting information... I didn´t know about this... :eek3: wow, thank you for provide this link...

I will go to health shop and have a look either we have it or not.

Long ago I was confused and already learned about PMS. Pretty tough?

I tried Ambien few years back becuz I have insomina--can't go to sleep. The med helped me sleep but I always wake up again 4 hours later.:eek3: So I stopped it. Nope, I wasn't addicted to it.

If you have trouble going to sleep, try a glass of warm milk before going to bed. I tried it and it works! Scientists recently did research on this and found a natural chemical in the milk which makes you sleepy--I forget the name of it but it starts with T. Hope this common home remedy helps you. :)

some of you said kind of pills for sleeping that doesnt make me sleepy that sometime when doctor give me pills or liquid and it said on the lebal " sleepy " and it doesnt make me sleepy :dunno: but only how I can sleepy when I go laydown till feel sleepy then zoom to sleep that is all :)

If you have trouble going to sleep, try a glass of warm milk before going to bed. I tried it and it works! Scientists recently did research on this and found a natural chemical in the milk which makes you sleepy--I forget the name of it but it starts with T. Hope this common home remedy helps you. :)

I always drink tazo chai with milk inside almost every morning. And I did not know about natural chemical in milk can help to sleep. Not long ago I was told to drink milk that will help me to sleep. Best to eat corn flake cereal with milk and without sugar put me sleep longer.

What kind of natural chemical in milk? I think protien?

If I problem sleepy and use milk or read Bible or other books. If I sick and use tylenol pm. I felt that not right not use much on tylenol pm because It can ruin health

If I problem sleepy and use milk or read Bible or other books. If I sick and use tylenol pm. I felt that not right not use much on tylenol pm because It can ruin health

Once or twice a week is fine. Just don't overdo it. I would say only take it if you really need the Tylenol PM

Its ok to use tylenol Pm occasionally. That and other aspirins will give your stomach ulcers if you take it everyday for a long time. Ive taken aspirins such as Advil up to 4 every four hours for my pms cramps for few days and dont have ulcers. But not do it everyday.

I'm recommended for Heath to take Nyquil every night and help him to sleep so well, and prevent to get sick due changing in season and climate.

There is nothing wrong with my body. I suffer from PTSD and I don't want to be drinking alots which is no good for work the next day or smoking marijuana which is illegal anyways and I try not to take Tylenol PM that too much because of the liver. Tylenol can really damage the liver if use everyday so I use it maybe 2 x a week sometimes 3 x but then the next day I am groggy myself so I gotta figure something out and no matter how much excersice I get I still will stay awake because I really don't like to sleep. Some things are best not remembered so anything to help with sleep would be really great. I am already looking at 100 % natural methods and I also excersice, drink water and do all the right things too.

I have tried OTC sleeping pills and it does not work well.

Ask your doctor for Ambien (Rx) -- It works wonders.. I have a sleeping disorder and take ambein and i get a very good night rest. I had no problem with this drug since I first used it in March.

sorry I have ben gone from this so Long I can Understan some of what Heath is going thoro I have had more then my share of tramatizing events , it took me a long long time to see a therapest after showing symptoms besides repressing every thing and then I did not have inshurence for a long time , It took a visit to the ER to resulve that.
If you are in my genreal area I can recomend a good one he dosent know ALS but he is good at comunicateing with me but then Im still learning it and im only mildly HOH .

if you have accsess to some sort of inshurence it is a goodsent I took melatoing but I stated to buld up a resistance to it and started haveing problems again . when I first started taking med I was actualy put on an alegy med called zanex and it heleped me a lot for a little wile but stay alseep from bad dreems is yet another matter , if you would like to talk further feel free to pm me and ask for my aim or yahoo address.

It work for me to sleep well. Unfortunately, I find unpleasant when tried to wake up. Better do that on weekend or no work on next-day.

Back