Street Fighter 4

DefMATRIXense

Reaction score
24415-noscale-sf4leaked1.jpg

24416-noscale-sf4leaked2.jpg

The graphics aren't the way they are in the teaser that everyone watched. The game's still pretty, but it has nothing of that ink-splashing or anything. Art direction is interesting. Unlike all the other 3D fighters, SFIV is not meant to be photo realistic.

Street Fighter IV runs at 60 frames per second.

Street Fighter IV will have online play.

The game takes place after Super Street Fighter II Turbo and before SFIII. The good news is that the character roster will be made of many old-school brawlers and some entirely new ones. There are two new girls on the list. We will probably not see any SFIII characters.

The stage you saw at 1Up, if you didn't figure out, is Chun-Li's Stage from SF2.

The excellent Parry system form SFIII is gone. The new system seems to be called Saving or Revenge (we're not sure about the name). We don't know exactly how it works, but it's built around cancels. And we do know we'll have another gauge to activate the Saving/Revenge stuff, besides the usual Super Gauge.

Supers are there (although they didn't decide yet if it will be like in SSF2T or SFIII), and now they've put another moves called Ultras. These makes your character throws a auto combo with tons of moves. It's like a custom combo ... except by the custom part.

Shen Long may appear in the game. We are NOT kidding.

The consoles are not decided yet, really. But, assuming that SFIV will have online play, we can obviously think of Xbox 360 and PS3 (duh). It's very likely that we'll see an arcade version without online mode too, and our sources told us that Capcom could put some test machines in Japan arcades in Q2 next year.

Of course, until we hear something from Capcom or pick up the next issue of EGM, we can't be too sure about this info. So why run with this then? Because Blogeek also provided us with two new screenshots from the game. Looks like a little old blog site got the exclusive before a major publication ... ouch. Of course, there's always that one percent chance that Blogeek has the worlds best Photoshop artist on their team ...

In any case, what do you all think about this latest info?

I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Would prefer to seen on arcade to take a whole experience to play.

I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Would prefer to seen on arcade to take a whole experience to play.
I agree.

I've stopped playing fighting games ever since they stop doing arcade versions.

The last few fighting games I remember playing in the arcades were Killer Instinct 2, Mortal Kombat 4, and Street Fighter EX.

Nowadays, everything goes straight to home consoles and that sorta takes the fun out of playing with people in person.

Sure, I could play online... but I gotta pay monthly for that and I don't even see the person in front of me.

At the arcade, we line up our quarters for turns and observe each other play so that we can learn and improve ourselves. We even make friends and get to know each other there.

At home, it's just me staring at a television playing against someone who could be a little nose-picking kid or some old whining fart sitting at the other side of the United States. Do I get to know them better? Not really. He kicked my ass and moves on to someone else. What else is new? :(

I just got 3 days ago...man it's sweet but...it's hard. Even in the very easy mode it's still so damn hard...wtf...?

I agree.

I've stopped playing fighting games ever since they stop doing arcade versions.

The last few fighting games I remember playing in the arcades were Killer Instinct 2, Mortal Kombat 4, and Street Fighter EX.

Haha I stopped one step behind you. The last arcade games I played were Killer Instinct, Ultimate MK, Virtua Fighter 2 (or 3? cant remember), and Street Fighter Alpha.

My brothers and I always addicted to play street fighter and mortal when we were young, they beat me all the time so I will not buy because I will suck again lol.

Haha I stopped one step behind you. The last arcade games I played were Killer Instinct, Ultimate MK, Virtua Fighter 2 (or 3? cant remember), and Street Fighter Alpha.
Yeah.

I used to play Killer Instinct at a local bowling alley late at night with a bunch of other guys. We took turns playing each other and sharing tips to help ourselves do better. Those were good days. :)

Yeah.

I used to play Killer Instinct at a local bowling alley late at night with a bunch of other guys. We took turns playing each other and sharing tips to help ourselves do better. Those were good days. :)

=] I just got it to emulated under MAME. work well. Now i need to find good arcade stick for it.

Back