Story too long to post as an introduction

KaeLeann

Reaction score
I am 21 years old and recently found out that my hearing is decreasing and will probably be completely deaf by the time I am 30. I was advised by my doctor to get into some of the deaf and HOH chat rooms to connect with people in the same situation that I am in. I have also begun ASL lessons due to this new development in my life. I am not really sure if anyone would be willing to help me out in this transition, but I would greatly appreciate any help that I could get.

Thanks in advance!!

I think loads of people would be willing to help. A lot of people have been or are going through exactly the same situation as you here. I lost my hearing when I was about 16, it does take some time to adjust.

Hopefully, as it is not a sudden change, you'll have time to prepare and to deal without hearing. Just remember it's not the end of the world (although it may feel like that for a bit) :)

Welcome! While I'm sorry your ears are playing mind games with you, please try to feel comfort in that you are in the best place to learn about deafness and ASL, and you will make many friends here much like youself.

Back