Still cant hear high frequncies.

Better Hearing

Reaction score
I have two hearing aids which i got recently and i am still having trouble picking up high frequencies mainly have trouble with women. If i am in a shopping center and there is a lot of background noise i also have trouble hearing someone's voice. I will have to get more powerful aids or can the Audi just adjust the hearing aid program.

You can't expect hearing aids to help you hear high-frequency sounds. Not all electrical equipment can pick up high-frequency sounds. Don't worry about it. I have hearing aids on one ear. I hear just about everything. The only thing I can't hear is my watch beeping. That's all. I'm not worried about it because I don't care much for it.

VamPyroX said:
You can't expect hearing aids to help you hear high-frequency sounds. Not all electrical equipment can pick up high-frequency sounds. Don't worry about it.
I do worry about it because i work in customer service so i am dealing with people all the time.

Better Hearing said:
I do worry about it because i work in customer service so i am dealing with people all the time.
What part of your job do you need to hear high frequency sounds for?

Don't worry about it. If anything, you do hear them you just don't know how to recognize them. It takes a while for your brain to process stuff like that, especially if you havent' heard it in eons. Myself, i still have trouble finding the source of sounds - they always seem to be coming from behind me, yet they could be coming from the left, right, up, infront or below, and i've worn hearing aids since i was 15 (i'm 19 now) As well, i still can't talk on the phone with my left ear with my hearing aid. It's all a matter of time, so don't worry just yet.:D

[/QUOTE]What part of your job do you need to hear high frequency sounds for?
[/QUOTE]
Well lots of speech sounds are in the high frequency range, for one.

If i am in a shopping center and there is a lot of background noise i also have trouble hearing someone's voice.
Hearing aids are CRAP in difficult listening situtions. You can't expect to be able to hear in all situtions just as you would without aids.
I will have to get more powerful aids or can the Audi just adjust the hearing aid program.
Well what kind of audi did you see? Did you see a Miricle Ear/ Beltone type of audi or a regular audi? I seem to remember that you have Siemens aids...Are they BTE or ITE? If they are ITE aids, you might want to try BTE aids. They are a lot more powerful. You may also want to try different brands. I wore Siemens for years and years, and last spring got fitted with Phonaks...OMG, they are AMAZING! Give Phonaks and Oticons a try...they're supposed to be the best of all hearing aids.

Back