*sticky* please pray my son Logan's health condition due fever sezuire.

Oh dear, GalaxyAngel, im so dreadfully sorry to hear
that your dear baby son is sick!
Your son is in my thoughts and prayers!
I will pray real hard for him for his speedy recovery!!
God bless!

I hope logan gets better soon!!! A little girl I use to baby sit got seizures when she had a fever once and never got them again. I on the other hand never had seizures when i fevered but had epilepsy

could you tell us how to deal with fever seizure if he's having one? how long does it usually last? is full-body spasm any different from fever seizure?

The closest I've ever experienced was when my friend suffered from full body spasm which lasted about 5 minutes. His mom frantically called us for help because we lived across them. I don't know if it's actually a fever seizure though. the cause of this was overworking himself when shoveling heavy snow. we were in 7th grade.

Yes. You want to lay the child on the ground or a hard surface, and turn them on their side. At some point during the seizure, they will vomit, and being on their side keeps them from aspirating into their lungs. Don't try to restrain them, but simply keep them from banging their head or injuring themself. DO NOT TRY TO INSERT ANYTHING BETWEEN THEIR TEETH. This is an old wive's tale. It is physically impossible for someone to "swallw their tongue" during a seizure. Placing something between the teeth is likely to cause injury.

When the child comes out of the seizure, they will be very disoriented. They will also most likely have wet themselves. If the child does not appear to be coming around, or if they have gotten cyanotic (stopped breathing and are turning blue), call 911 immediately. Most children will come out of cyanosis on their own, but it is always a good idea to get the paramedics there just in case.

GalaxyAngel-

I hope little Logan is doing better. I have added you and family to the prayer list I have as well as the church prayer list.:grouphug:

could you tell us how to deal with fever seizure if he's having one? how long does it usually last? is full-body spasm any different from fever seizure?

The closest I've ever experienced was when my friend suffered from full body spasm which lasted about 5 minutes. His mom frantically called us for help because we lived across them. I don't know if it's actually a fever seizure though. the cause of this was overworking himself when shoveling heavy snow. we were in 7th grade.

Yes. If a child goes into a febrile seizure, lie them down on the floor or a hard surface and turn them on their side, while keeping your hand under their head. This is easier if you turn them away from you. Use your hand to make sure that they don't bang their head, but do not try to restrain their movement. Most children will vomit during the seizure, so having them on their side keeps them from aspirating into their lungs. Many children will also stop breathing for a minute, and get a bluish tinge to their lips and face. As frightening as this is, most will also start breathing on their own. When the seizure activity has stopped, the child will be very disoriented. They will probably also have wet themselves. Give them a few minutes to respond. If they are not responding to your voice, or have not started crying within 3 minutes, call 911. The child will also be very drowsy and want to sleep afterwards.

The most important thing with a child who has febrile seizures is to control their fever to prevent the seizure. Always keep Tylenol on hand, and give them a dose before the fever spikes. A child who has febrile seizures will spike their fever very quickly. I also found it useful to keep Tylenol suppositories on hand for the times that the medication could not be kept down due to fever or nausea, and to use following a seizure as they will not be able to take Tylenol by mouth.

Hope that helps.

Yes. If a child goes into a febrile seizure, lie them down on the floor or a hard surface and turn them on their side, while keeping your hand under their head. This is easier if you turn them away from you. Use your hand to make sure that they don't bang their head, but do not try to restrain their movement. Most children will vomit during the seizure, so having them on their side keeps them from aspirating into their lungs. Many children will also stop breathing for a minute, and get a bluish tinge to their lips and face. As frightening as this is, most will also start breathing on their own. When the seizure activity has stopped, the child will be very disoriented. They will probably also have wet themselves. Give them a few minutes to respond. If they are not responding to your voice, or have not started crying within 3 minutes, call 911. The child will also be very drowsy and want to sleep afterwards.

The most important thing with a child who has febrile seizures is to control their fever to prevent the seizure. Always keep Tylenol on hand, and give them a dose before the fever spikes. A child who has febrile seizures will spike their fever very quickly. I also found it useful to keep Tylenol suppositories on hand for the times that the medication could not be kept down due to fever or nausea, and to use following a seizure as they will not be able to take Tylenol by mouth.

Hope that helps.

whoa... but :ty: for this info. I feel better now knowing how to deal with it.

I will pray for Logan's recovering from his fever seizure. Logan, you and your family are in my prayer. Hope he pull through just fine. :(

I hope your son recovers from his illness. Let us know how he is doing. I will keep him in my thoughts. :hug:

Oh no! My thoughts are with you and your family for your son's speedy recovery!

Your son'll be in my pray list, and I hope you'll come back with a good news.

ur son is in my prayer

anime_wallpapers-1150504489_i_9055_.jpg

With febrile seizures, you never want to submerge a child with a fever in a bath as well because you run the risk of drowning the child in the middle of a seizure.

You cannot touch the child in the middle of a febrile seizure. It is best to use a lot of cloth baths. Keep the child cool as well. Tylenol must be at hand. Keep the child hydrated with both water and apple juice. You definitely want to keep the child going to the bathroom to relieve him/herself because that is how you keep the child moving.

Febrile seizures are very different from epileptic seizures. It is horrific for the parent to see their child to go through a febrile seizure.

It is also very good to take infant CPR training as well. Infant CPR training will teach you about febrile seizures and what to do when one happens.

it does me sorry! *praying* though i actually am here rare, anyhow i wanna pray for your son! it is awful for your son that he musts to suffer!

Update: Logan's health condition,
He's still fever ongoing. Roller Coaster 36.0 to 38.8

He has fever seizures: Definition- Fever seizures (sometimes called fever convulsions) are uncontrolled muscle spasms that can occur in children who have a rapid increase in body temperature. You may not even know your child has a fever. The rapid increase in body temperature in a short period of time is the cause of the fever seizure. Once a fever has reached a high temperature, the risk of a seizure is probably over. Most children who have a fever seizure have armpit (axillary) temperatures above 38.5°C (101°F).

Fever seizures can be frightening but they are not usually harmful to the child and do not cause long-term problems, such as brain damage, mental retardation, or learning problems.

Fever seizures affect 2% to 4% of children. About 30% of children who have a fever seizure will have another one, usually within a year of the first seizure.

A child who is having a seizure often loses consciousness and shakes, moving his or her arms and legs on both sides of the body. The child's eyes may roll back. The child may stop breathing for a few seconds and might also vomit, urinate, or pass stools. It is important to protect the child from injury during a seizure.

Fever seizures usually last 1 to 3 minutes. After the seizure, the child may be sleepy. You can let the child sleep, but check the child frequently for changes in colour or breathing, or twitching arms or legs. The child also may seem confused after the seizure, but normal behaviour and activity level should return within 60 minutes of the seizure.

A seizure is more likely to have been caused by a fever if the seizure occurred within 24 hours of the start of a fever. Fever seizures usually affect the whole body, not just one side. Most children have never had a fever seizure before and they also do not have other nervous system (neurological) problems.

Takes up to 5 days or less. Depend Child's health condition.

Gotta go back hospital again..

Update: Logan's health condition,
He's still fever ongoing. Roller Coaster 36.0 to 38.8

He has fever seizures: Definition- Fever seizures (sometimes called fever convulsions) are uncontrolled muscle spasms that can occur in children who have a rapid increase in body temperature. You may not even know your child has a fever. The rapid increase in body temperature in a short period of time is the cause of the fever seizure. Once a fever has reached a high temperature, the risk of a seizure is probably over. Most children who have a fever seizure have armpit (axillary) temperatures above 38.5°C (101°F).

Fever seizures can be frightening but they are not usually harmful to the child and do not cause long-term problems, such as brain damage, mental retardation, or learning problems.

Fever seizures affect 2% to 4% of children. About 30% of children who have a fever seizure will have another one, usually within a year of the first seizure.

A child who is having a seizure often loses consciousness and shakes, moving his or her arms and legs on both sides of the body. The child's eyes may roll back. The child may stop breathing for a few seconds and might also vomit, urinate, or pass stools. It is important to protect the child from injury during a seizure.

Fever seizures usually last 1 to 3 minutes. After the seizure, the child may be sleepy. You can let the child sleep, but check the child frequently for changes in colour or breathing, or twitching arms or legs. The child also may seem confused after the seizure, but normal behaviour and activity level should return within 60 minutes of the seizure.

A seizure is more likely to have been caused by a fever if the seizure occurred within 24 hours of the start of a fever. Fever seizures usually affect the whole body, not just one side. Most children have never had a fever seizure before and they also do not have other nervous system (neurological) problems.

Takes up to 5 days or less. Depend Child's health condition.

Gotta go back hospital again..

thanks for update and info! he'll fight it out!

Back