Stick with your own kind? or Mix it up!

you are absolutely right, Keritsubo. It's not the color... it's cultural. I mentioned "races" because it has certain physical characteristics/color and cultural aspects that people prefer. I prefer to stick with Asian (regardless of nationality) because of 2 things - Asian physical characteristics and a strong family bond

FYI: I am partial to slender white guys with dark hair/eyes (ala Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp).

Knowledge of asl is a plus. ;)

That is ridiculous! Shel, please ignore that woman because she is obviously an idiot. She must be if she pins all the blame on you for stealing away the ENTIRE race of black men. That woman is making all the rest of us look bad. Trust me when i say that not all of us share her views.

I am a black woman and i have never, ever blamed white women for "taking" all the black men away. Nor will i ever blame them. True there is a shortage of marriageable black men (many are in prison, etc) so things are desperate in the black community. But desperate times call for desperate measures. What's the smarter thing to do: sit around on your butt, single and all alone, blaming your dating woes on women of another race OR: think outside the box, (in the abscence of available black men) widen your horizons to include the idea of dating men of other races/ethnicities? Black women have got to wake up and give it a go.:hmm:

As a black woman, nothing burns me up more than another black woman hating on a white woman because she chooses to date a black man.:mad: She's dating a black man. SO. WHAT. That is HER business. Same with the black man. He found something enchanting in this woman. He wants to be with her so let him be. If he wanted to be with a black woman he would be with a black woman. It's HIS choice and HIS personal decision. Mind your business!! :pissed:Why must he date a black woman simply because he is black?? Where's the rule written down in stone?? Tell me where it's found and i'll eat my words.

*sigh* I could go on and on about this. Obviously, it's touched a raw nerve.:roll: Advice for you, Shel. IGNORE THE HATERS. Yeah. Do that. You just keep on loving your black man and don't second guess yourself because one ignorant person decided to give you their two cents.

End rant.

:gpost:

Since i was a kid i always dreamed of marrying someone mexican...but wasnt really attracted to them i was always attracted to asians..... but kept thinking I HAD TO MARRY MY OWN KIND....but what do you know...im gonna marry a filipino :D:D:D:D

Same here, got crazy thing for asian guys, just not because their look.. I love any races their cool cultures but, I love nerd/geek, anime, sushi, asian tv/movie drama lots.. It'll nice to have asian same common intrests as I do, but it can also be other races who in same like I do. :) I'm still look for one to have as friend or more than friend if happens. Races not matter to me at all. Remember, we deaf can do what hearing can do.. We races can do, whatever we same as inside as we're all humans! XD (love ya all) (hug)

My whole famliy is mixed up! My older sister husband is Black, my younger sister husband is from Trinidad and her youngest daughter is dating an Asian man and her oldest is dating a Polish man. My daughter's father was Black and she married an Italian man . My ex husband was Irish . When my whole family got together we looked liked the United Nations!

I am white and pretty much attracted to white guys, but if I met a great guy of a different race or nationality, I wouldn't say no just because of that. I would have to share core values with him, and if we were of different cultures we would both have to have a compromise attitude. That is more about inside than outside characteristics.

Newness?

My name's Alicia, and I'm hearing. You all talk about marrying outside of nationality and race and your preferences, Would anybody be interested in marrying or dating a hearing individual? Im trying to learn more about deaf culture and I just thought that'd be an interesting perspective or if it's completely out of the question for a deaf individual.

Stick with your own kind? or Mix it up!

I know there was a thread about Interracial Date but that was about dating. This thread is about your marriage preference.

Would you marry someone of same race/color/nationality or you don't care aka "MIX IT UP" ? Be honest! Mind you - it is OK to say that you rather stick with your own kind. That does NOT mean you're racist - it's just a personal preference and that is perfectly understandable! BE HONEST and PICK ONE - same or MIX! and then tell us what nationality you prefer to marry.

What about adoption? Suppose you want to adopt a Deaf child - is nationality important, or the fact that the child is Deaf?

What about adoption? Suppose you want to adopt a Deaf child - is nationality important, or the fact that the child is Deaf?

That's the question you should ask for yourself since you are the one who will raise one.

For me, I'm definitely open to adoption if we are unable to procreate one. I would prefer an Asian (deaf or not). Why? Cuz they're cuter and smarter :lol:

That's the question you should ask for yourself since you are the one who will raise one.

For me, I'm definitely open to adoption if we are unable to procreate one. I would prefer an Asian (deaf or not). Why? Cuz they're cuter and smarter :lol:

That's like the bias of a mother pit bull for her own pup over an adorable Poodle puppy!

My name's Alicia, and I'm hearing. You all talk about marrying outside of nationality and race and your preferences, Would anybody be interested in marrying or dating a hearing individual? Im trying to learn more about deaf culture and I just thought that'd be an interesting perspective or if it's completely out of the question for a deaf individual.

Hells yeah!

(that's still a thing, right? )

I'm of Russian Heritage. My girlfriend is Irish. WE are both caucasians.

Back in college, I went out with a Filipino woman a lot.

I also dated a woman who was half black, half white for 2 years.

I would go on and on.

I'm Jewish. My girlfriend is Christan. I am deaf. My girlfriend is hearing.

:wave:Shalom, dereksbicycles

I'm very open to anyone as long as we show respect, trust, love-

I'm drawn to a certain personality type; the intelligent goofball. The outer package matters a bit, he needs to at least take care of himself. Aside from that, tall/short, heavy/thin, bald/hairy - doesn't matter much. There are other personality traits that are musts for me as well... but once I have those I tend to like the physical traits that person possesses.

There are certain characteristics I look for in a person's personality... sense of humor, likes the outdoors, motivated,...

But honestly? I love me some Mexican men. Mmmmmmm.....

Back