Stick with your own kind? or Mix it up!

I thought the same but I am facing some hate issues from many black women cuz I am married to a black man or so that was what I was told. One black woman (hearing) told me that I steal all the good black men. I was like "huh?". My hubby said that is a huge problem in the black community..about white women taking all the good hard working black men who are there for their families. I was shocked..big time shocked to learn of this.

At a risk of going way off on this topic, this is very similiar to dating or marrying a hearing man too- same attitude and bitterness. How sad...regardless of what Brad said, this is 2008 but bitterness and preconcieved notions still remain underneath all swirling currents.

At a risk of going way off on this topic, this is very similiar to dating or marrying a hearing man too- same attitude and bitterness. How sad...regardless of what Brad said, this is 2008 but bitterness and preconcieved notions still remain underneath all swirling currents.

I'm not bitter at all.

Stick with your own kind? or Mix it up!

I know there was a thread about Interracial Date but that was about dating. This thread is about your marriage preference.

Would you marry someone of same race/color/nationality or you don't care aka "MIX IT UP" ? Be honest! Mind you - it is OK to say that you rather stick with your own kind. That does NOT mean you're racist - it's just a personal preference and that is perfectly understandable! BE HONEST and PICK ONE - same or MIX! and then tell us what nationality you prefer to marry.

I don't care. Everyone is a mutt. I used to date various guys from Japan, Europe, Mexico, and Canada. Now, I'm officially married to a Caucasian who is a Scottish, Welsh, German, Dutch, and English descent. He has connections with the English Royal family.

I'm half German and half Mexican. Israeli interpreter thought I was Jewish/Israeli from Israel. LOL. My Mexican native father is French, Native American, and Spainard descent. My German native mother is Prussian. All of her ancestors were born in Prussia all the way back to late 1690s. My brother has a brother-in-law who is black. I can go on and on.. but that's enough. :-P

I thought the same but I am facing some hate issues from many black women cuz I am married to a black man or so that was what I was told. One black woman (hearing) told me that I steal all the good black men. I was like "huh?". My hubby said that is a huge problem in the black community..about white women taking all the good hard working black men who are there for their families. I was shocked..big time shocked to learn of this.

Yeah, just like Hispanic guys in the US rant all the time about white guys steal their Hispanic girls. I had Hispanic guys nagging me for dating white guys. However, while living in Mexico, I never had any experiences like that.

All I can say, whatever happens and it clicks....black women generally don't fall for me, LOL. I generally would stick with white women or maybe asian.....I noticed that I get along well best with white women for dating, don't know why.

good sharing, people! keep on sharing! don't forget - whatever you say does NOT mean you are a racist! it's only natural to have a certain preference for a certain race.

good sharing, people! keep on sharing! don't forget - whatever you say does NOT mean you are racist! it's only natural to have a certain preference for a certain race.

I agree! :)

I'm surprised that this is still an issue in modern-day America.

Interracial marriage is really no big deal. I've always wanted to date a black woman and I'm mostly Native American.

i agree! i'm married to a white male: i'm also white- german dutch irish mix-- but i've always been atracted to tall guys with long hair( my hubby has short hair) i also tend to be atracted to mexican and native americans! i guess its a skin color/tone thing!

either way is cool with me- but if i do hav a choice i think ill choose a a westerner.
i dun noe y but i dun really get along with alot of idians or middle easterns :|

For me really don't matter who I date or marry. My mother told me it's my life and I do what I want to do with it. The point for me I really don't care what color the person he is as long as he treat me right and that's all I have to say about it. I'm mixed of African & Indian (unsure what part as I'll have to ask my grandmother). African would be my father's side family and Indian is my mother's side.

I used to stick with my own kind when I was younger, but I really don't care as long as a man treat me right that's all matters to me.

:laugh2:
I'm surprised that this is still an issue in modern-day America.

Interracial marriage is really no big deal. I've always wanted to date a black woman and I'm mostly Native American.

Ok Brad.. When are you going to ask me out?? :giggle::laugh2:

I'm joking.. and that's all good so nothing wrong with that.. :naughty:

That is ridiculous! Shel, please ignore that woman because she is obviously an idiot. She must be if she pins all the blame on you for stealing away the ENTIRE race of black men. That woman is making all the rest of us look bad. Trust me when i say that not all of us share her views.

I am a black woman and i have never, ever blamed white women for "taking" all the black men away. Nor will i ever blame them. True there is a shortage of marriageable black men (many are in prison, etc) so things are desperate in the black community. But desperate times call for desperate measures. What's the smarter thing to do: sit around on your butt, single and all alone, blaming your dating woes on women of another race OR: think outside the box, (in the abscence of available black men) widen your horizons to include the idea of dating men of other races/ethnicities? Black women have got to wake up and give it a go.:hmm:

As a black woman, nothing burns me up more than another black woman hating on a white woman because she chooses to date a black man.:mad: She's dating a black man. SO. WHAT. That is HER business. Same with the black man. He found something enchanting in this woman. He wants to be with her so let him be. If he wanted to be with a black woman he would be with a black woman. It's HIS choice and HIS personal decision. Mind your business!! :pissed:Why must he date a black woman simply because he is black?? Where's the rule written down in stone?? Tell me where it's found and i'll eat my words.

*sigh* I could go on and on about this. Obviously, it's touched a raw nerve.:roll: Advice for you, Shel. IGNORE THE HATERS. Yeah. Do that. You just keep on loving your black man and don't second guess yourself because one ignorant person decided to give you their two cents.

End rant.

I agree that for many people it is not a matter of racism and I do not even think its a matter of racial preference but instead cultural preference.

I was forewarned about Hispanic men, by other Hispanic women. They were stereotyped to be expectant of submission from their wives and that others would simple accept or ignore their philandering. Now, none of these things fit my personality. I am a stubborn Norwegian American woman. I expect help around the house, to be allowed to have my own bit of a social life, and faithfulness, or a discussion over possibly 'seeing other people' if necessary.

All this warnings came about when I began dating my now husband whom is Puerto Rican. I saw the stereotypical Hispanic man in his father and it was unsettling to me. But, my husband has a different approach to life. He is faithful, just the other night we talked about how he's been spending time with a younger cousin he is worried about. He did not want me to feel neglected. I am extremely lucky to have found a great man. And I do not mean a man who does not 'conform to the norms' of what Hispanic men are supposedly but I mean in general a great man over all.

I see a lot of my classmates from home marrying Caucasians. I do not see racism there. I see that opportunity was not presented or they found love prior to the opportunity. That's just fine, plus again, I think it has to do with marrying a person of a similar history. Knowing what its like to grow up in a small town, to be raised in a more docile form of Christianity, and many other things... they can share memories of hardships growing up or concerns on current matters with a person who quite possibly holds a similar stance as they. Although I feel privileged to be learning every day and sharing my own cultural heritage with a man who is unfamiliar with it and willing to explain his own so I can learn too.

That is ridiculous! Shel, please ignore that woman because she is obviously an idiot. She must be if she pins all the blame on you for stealing away the ENTIRE race of black men. That woman is making all the rest of us look bad. Trust me when i say that not all of us share her views.

I am a black woman and i have never, ever blamed white women for "taking" all the black men away. Nor will i ever blame them. True there is a shortage of marriageable black men (many are in prison, etc) so things are desperate in the black community. But desperate times call for desperate measures. What's the smarter thing to do: sit around on your butt, single and all alone, blaming your dating woes on women of another race OR: think outside the box, (in the abscence of available black men) widen your horizons to include the idea of dating men of other races/ethnicities? Black women have got to wake up and give it a go.:hmm:

As a black woman, nothing burns me up more than another black woman hating on a white woman because she chooses to date a black man.:mad: She's dating a black man. SO. WHAT. That is HER business. Same with the black man. He found something enchanting in this woman. He wants to be with her so let him be. If he wanted to be with a black woman he would be with a black woman. It's HIS choice and HIS personal decision. Mind your business!! :pissed:Why must he date a black woman simply because he is black?? Where's the rule written down in stone?? Tell me where it's found and i'll eat my words.

*sigh* I could go on and on about this. Obviously, it's touched a raw nerve.:roll: Advice for you, Shel. IGNORE THE HATERS. Yeah. Do that. You just keep on loving your black man and don't second guess yourself because one ignorant person decided to give you their two cents.

End rant.

Yeah.. Just ignore it and I agree with you on that. I'm not mad at black men wanting white women or white men wanting black woman. We all HUMAN and what is COLOR?

End rant.

Ture i agree with you about that it's up to them who wanna date any race or their's own prefer race as long respect to accpet understand how feel that's all.

For me no matter what race is it's worth to good heart as important love and faith also good personal too ;)

I agree that for many people it is not a matter of racism and I do not even think its a matter of racial preference but instead cultural preference.

I was forewarned about Hispanic men, by other Hispanic women. They were stereotyped to be expectant of submission from their wives and that others would simple accept or ignore their philandering. Now, none of these things fit my personality. I am a stubborn Norwegian American woman. I expect help around the house, to be allowed to have my own bit of a social life, and faithfulness, or a discussion over possibly 'seeing other people' if necessary.

All this warnings came about when I began dating my now husband whom is Puerto Rican. I saw the stereotypical Hispanic man in his father and it was unsettling to me. But, my husband has a different approach to life. He is faithful, just the other night we talked about how he's been spending time with a younger cousin he is worried about. He did not want me to feel neglected. I am extremely lucky to have found a great man. And I do not mean a man who does not 'conform to the norms' of what Hispanic men are supposedly but I mean in general a great man over all.

I see a lot of my classmates from home marrying Caucasians. I do not see racism there. I see that opportunity was not presented or they found love prior to the opportunity. That's just fine, plus again, I think it has to do with marrying a person of a similar history. Knowing what its like to grow up in a small town, to be raised in a more docile form of Christianity, and many other things... they can share memories of hardships growing up or concerns on current matters with a person who quite possibly holds a similar stance as they. Although I feel privileged to be learning every day and sharing my own cultural heritage with a man who is unfamiliar with it and willing to explain his own so I can learn too.

GOOD POINT! That's another thing

Back