Stethoscope?

MsGiglz

Reaction score
I have been looking for stethoscope...

You all know.. deaf people cant use stethoscope cuz it need to be listen by...

Since our son.. Allen (3 years old) have accure asthma.. Dr wanted me to listen his breathing daily and count his heart too.. Dr adviced me to get stethoscope.. I told Dr.. gee!!.. i cant hear it.. I asked if there is any device that can tell me the breathing patterns like rapid (wheezing) mild rapid (slow wheezing).. alert means sent to ER.. rattle (chest colds) something like that..
So.. if you know anything i can use stethoscope or something for deaf use.. LET ME KNOW!!! will be awesome!

Hmm... that would actually depend on your ears. I'm deaf, but I can still hear the beats. My deafness was caused by loss in hair in my cochlea. Yet, I can still feel sounds with my ear drums. Did you try one yourself first?

I have asthma myself, I can tell when I have a wheezing sound but as far as knowing the other person has one.. I can tell by their coughing constantly, you can see the skin on the chest and neck going in and out like he/she is breathing hard, or put your hand on the back of his back and feel him breathe... you can watch his chest for shortness of breath. You'll know when he needs an inhaler or neubilizer. Make sure he takes them regularly. when he's doing sports, make sure he takes the inhaler before he play.

If you're profoundly deaf, its almost impossible to hear thru a stethoscope. I can't hear it at all myself. so you'll have to find a way like i mentioned up above.

i am trying this again..

anyone have seen?

just like this same idea.. but for lungs..

it has lights flashing or percent of need to given dosage/nubleziers..

sinus51.gif

DoofusMama said:
I have been looking for stethoscope...

You all know.. deaf people cant use stethoscope cuz it need to be listen by...

Since our son.. Allen (3 years old) have accure asthma.. Dr wanted me to listen his breathing daily and count his heart too.. Dr adviced me to get stethoscope.. I told Dr.. gee!!.. i cant hear it.. I asked if there is any device that can tell me the breathing patterns like rapid (wheezing) mild rapid (slow wheezing).. alert means sent to ER.. rattle (chest colds) something like that..
So.. if you know anything i can use stethoscope or something for deaf use.. LET ME KNOW!!! will be awesome!

Ask Dr. Stern. She is deaf DR. Her email is deafdoc@aol.com

Never seen it before...intersting...

My bf have asthma as well and maybe he can give you a better advice or stick with Rebel's advice. :)

DoofusMama said:
i am trying this again..

anyone have seen?

just like this same idea.. but for lungs..

it has lights flashing or percent of need to given dosage/nubleziers..

sinus51.gif

LakeTahoe said:
Never seen it before...intersting...

My bf have asthma as well and maybe he can give you a better advice or stick with Rebel's advice. :)

thats ok, i got alot advices.. I took asthma classes twice, I understand more why he have to keep taking pulmircot every day.. cant missed it.. he use nebulizer once a day with pulmircot.. but..
for aubertol, he needs to follow by his breathing.. if he breaths average take once a day..
if he breaths raspy.. take twice a day (and 1-2 dosage) and so forth..

what have I learned from classes that most accure/chronic asthma use stethoscope to check how much dosage patient needs..

For Allen, I need Stethoscope so badly .. so I can keep in order of his needs due he is almost allergy to everything.. pollen, grass, tree, mostly outside and foods.. #1 nuts and cats.. I have to keep him on medicines everyday to prevent impact of attack from colds or any kind of common virus..

Right now hes ok and hang in there since heat is so bad, I called dr what to do with this heat.. he likes to play outside in pool .. Dr said.. take aubertol 3 times a day and pulmicort in morning when he wakes up and before he goes bed..

I have this great organization for asthma little people.. that they sent extra mediences that they dont need like overstock or donate.. Allen's health insurance have been stopped since last winter after he sent in hospital for one week.. ugh.. but he's back on health insurace with different kind but dont pay fully coverages for medicines, we would pay over 300 dollars a month..

anyway.. thanks for trying.

300 a month? OH ouch! That's a lot! At least your son need those medications no matter what.

Having an asthma really sucks. I've seen my bf can't breath and I have to find his inhaler and give it to him. He also take Advair (12 or older can use that). He said it work wonderful. But co pay ouch!

Good luck to Email to Dr. Stern. She's sweet lady! She was our doctor. :)
DoofusMama said:
thats ok, i got alot advices.. I took asthma classes twice, I understand more why he have to keep taking pulmircot every day.. cant missed it.. he use nebulizer once a day with pulmircot.. but..
for aubertol, he needs to follow by his breathing.. if he breaths average take once a day..
if he breaths raspy.. take twice a day (and 1-2 dosage) and so forth..

what have I learned from classes that most accure/chronic asthma use stethoscope to check how much dosage patient needs..

For Allen, I need Stethoscope so badly .. so I can keep in order of his needs due he is almost allergy to everything.. pollen, grass, tree, mostly outside and foods.. #1 nuts and cats.. I have to keep him on medicines everyday to prevent impact of attack from colds or any kind of common virus..

Right now hes ok and hang in there since heat is so bad, I called dr what to do with this heat.. he likes to play outside in pool .. Dr said.. take aubertol 3 times a day and pulmicort in morning when he wakes up and before he goes bed..

I have this great organization for asthma little people.. that they sent extra mediences that they dont need like overstock or donate.. Allen's health insurance have been stopped since last winter after he sent in hospital for one week.. ugh.. but he's back on health insurace with different kind but dont pay fully coverages for medicines, we would pay over 300 dollars a month..

anyway.. thanks for trying.

LakeTahoe said:
300 a month? OH ouch! That's a lot! At least your son need those medications no matter what.

Having an asthma really sucks. I've seen my bf can't breath and I have to find his inhaler and give it to him. He also take Advair (12 or older can use that). He said it work wonderful. But co pay ouch!

Good luck to Email to Dr. Stern. She's sweet lady! She was our doctor. :)

Yeah.. its no fun.. I have asthma when i have real bad colds like brochistics and turn into ashtma.. but i havent had it for 10 years.. I think because I used to have the house (and grew up home too).. my bedroom was downstairs (that looks like you are in basement) but its not.. all that cement asborb dew and wetness.. caused my brochistics so often.. but since I have been sleeping on main floor.. so i know and avoid to sleep downstair or basement.. that goes with my kids too.. I wouldnt advices them to do.. but they can sleep downstair once in while .. Like they are sleeping downstair because of their bedrooms are so hot (upstairs)..

anyway.. I am trying to encourage Allen now hes 4.. to use inhaler.. because it would be more easier than carry around the nebulizer.. to any places.. I have one for home and one is probable.. some places like nursey room or daycare or some people who babysit, are very awkard or nervous to use nebulizers on Allen.. :/

Annie
they have amplified stethoscopes, I got one (from the state of texas) when I went to CNA school. But in order for me to use it, I have to take off my hearing aids..which sucks. (make sure you get some assistance for the stethoscope, if you do get one, they are expensive!!!!)

Health care is expensive, are there any other organizations out there that will help with the cost?

Some people grow out of asthma, I had asthma as a child, havent had it in years thank goodness, oldest brother still has asthma tho.

Do encourage him to use an inhailer, like you stated its much easier than carrying around a small machine. Plus later when hes older he will feel more independant in my opinion if he were to start using an inhaler.

ox

Good News,

Allen have been chosen by Minnesota Allergy & Asthma Association...

what does it do? it has legal system to help with his needs.. for example.. preschool or headstart, the schools dont let him in because he has so many medications and food allergy.. I have alot of paperworks to require fill out to have him enroll school, it really sucks.. it's overwhelmed.. but the MAAA assistances will come and help me to go through many things what Allen needs.. and equipments.. they said they are looking for digital stethoscope!!! but they were surprsing that it hasnt invented yet.. or made.. so they are trying to get right equipment for me too.. PLUS.. will send me alarm system if allen is into attack mode while i am in other room or in bed.. once or twice a month nurse care wil come to check his medications and equipments etc.. which are so great.. he is lucky guy cuz they have so many events or organziation for him to go and have fun.. let him know that he is not alone or feeling isolation.. :)

Hey Annie, Its great to hear that they are helping him. What a relief but pls keep letting us know.

Back