State Fair

racheleggert

Reaction score
I wonder do your state have State Fair? and where in city, what is it called? Mine is Minnesota State Fair in Falcon Heights/St. Paul border. This year price went up from 8 bucks to 9 bucks..... that is silly! I tend to work at a booth at Fair, they used to give out free tickets for people who work at the fair, but last year they decided to stop give free tixs, so we all had to pay to get in due to stupid budget cuts and mess that was left by Jesse Ventura. My feeling is that in 10 years it will be arond 20 bucks to get in.

I've heard of Minnesota State Fair and people've had good word regarding the fair.

In Melbourne, Victoria, Australia; we have a Royal Melbourne Show which comes every September. It's very much like your state fair.
But I'll tell you one thing, the fee entrance to the state fair is cheaper than Melbourne. For me to go, it'll cost me $15.00 and for an adult it'll cost them $20 bucks or so. *sigh*.

So be thankful for small blessings,eh?

An increase of $1 is not much.

My hometown has a State Fair. It's in Dallas, Texas. The big mascot they have is "Big Tex". It's a pretty good place. I haven't been there for over 12 years. Eek!

we have the big island county fair and then comes the Ohau State fair ( for ALL of the island) So thats what's called Hawaii State Fair comes both in Sept, the big island's Sept 16th-19th and the state fair's a week later :)

I have been to Minnesota State Fair three times...loved it since left Minnesota and miss the smelling of fair style food there dang!!!! Currently fair in my area is called BIG E it is combined of fair of VT, NH, CT, RI, and MA which is located in Springfield, Mass....biggest fair of new england!

i'm going to state fair in minnesota sept 4th :D i love to see the biggest boar alive in minnesota there.. last year the biggest boar weighted more than 1,200 lbs :shock: wait and see what is the biggest boar this year.. can't wait hee hee...

ohh love their food.. i gotta show up hungry and eat as much food i can there :D

In my town, it only costs $ 7 bucks to get in with a paper bracelet around wrist. :)

California State Fair has webmastering contest.

My entry 5 year ago was sex offender registry database website. Used pics of fair animals and fair food as suspect pics. 3 Red Ribbons.

Richard

I always to go Minnesota State Fair every yearly. On sept 1st as Hop-on transit day I will get discounted 2 dollars off from either a train transfer ticket or bus transfer ticket to show the ticket booth to receive 2 dollars off on adult ticket price then meet my girlfriend at sanitationary office.

I'll take a train and transfer to special bus line 960 take seat and relax, the bus will zooming to state fair on non stop route between DT Mpls and State Fair.

racheleggert said:
I wonder do your state have State Fair? and where in city, what is it called? Mine is Minnesota State Fair in Falcon Heights/St. Paul border. This year price went up from 8 bucks to 9 bucks..... that is silly! I tend to work at a booth at Fair, they used to give out free tickets for people who work at the fair, but last year they decided to stop give free tixs, so we all had to pay to get in due to stupid budget cuts and mess that was left by Jesse Ventura. My feeling is that in 10 years it will be arond 20 bucks to get in.

I agreed with you 100%!!!! Damn Ventura!!.. if Ventura never been govern, I wouldnt be deciding to move out of MN.. that we are planning to move east cuz of stupid budget cuts and jobs and alot more... I am tired of being suffered.. enough is enough!!!

By the way, I always loved to go State Fairin MN and I used to work as Parking flagger for 6 years when i was teenager....

First thing I always go to Food courts.. to have those Fried Alligator chips, bowl of caramel apples, fresh cotton candy out from machine not in bag.. hehe.. Taffy candy Store!!..
then..
check out the DNR building to see the fishes.. (DNR- Dept of Natural Resources).. (and dreaming/wishing to catch those huge ones & mount it in our cabin's collector wall) lol...
and
Check out the animals barns.. and hoping to catch to watch horse shows..
last place.. go to ... urmm
Haunted house.. :shock: (force by my brother and my man).. I HATE IT!!.. 5 years ago, I went in with my brother.. I screamed my head off, the staffs said my scream was so loud that people could hear outside and few blocks down.. they thanked me that it draw people's attentions and got them curtious to go in there.. lol

I used to go for rides, but the more i get older, my guts get weaker and i do get sick easy! hehe..

Msgirlz, I hate haunted house too.... I hate what they had on wall... it remind me of a excrosit movie I seen in 3rd grade.. after that I never go in that house...

I always work at DFL booth or any political booth every year at the Fair, for 9 years if I get to work this year. I never miss a year.. I will save shopping until Labor Day where stuff cost is cheap, like 2 t shirts for 10 bucks.

racheleggert said:
Msgirlz, I hate haunted house too.... I hate what they had on wall... it remind me of a excrosit movie I seen in 3rd grade.. after that I never go in that house...

I always work at DFL booth or any political booth every year at the Fair, for 9 years if I get to work this year. I never miss a year.. I will save shopping until Labor Day where stuff cost is cheap, like 2 t shirts for 10 bucks.

Far out.. my parents used to always work at Republican Booth, Must have missed you lol.. dont ask me which i am on side (Dfl or R).. (snickers).. cuz from what i seeing all my life being politican.. pffth!..

Our state fair (NY) is in Syracuse and is going on now. I'm not there because I do blacksmithing demonstrations for 2 local county fairs.

The Tri-County (Albany, Schenectady, Greene) Fair in Altamont, NY. And the Rennselaer County Fair in Schaghticoke, NY.

If anyone out there is going to the Schaghticoke Fair, drop in to the Museum Building and say hello some evening. I'll be glad to show you what I do and sign with you!

MsGiglz said:
Far out.. my parents used to always work at Republican Booth, Must have missed you lol.. dont ask me which i am on side (Dfl or R).. (snickers).. cuz from what i seeing all my life being politican.. pffth!..

I also used to work at Norm Coleman Booth back in 01 and 02 but after that not anymore because they don't need me, but for 2008 election, I am not sure who I will be supporting for Senate, depend who is DFLer, if he or she is good then yeah, and if not good then I may help Norm again. I also always go check at GOP booth to see if my GOP friends are there to chat...

Our state fair is in Lincoln, Nebraska and it will begin on August 28th until September 6th.

My brother went to Des Moines, Iowa for the state fair there. He was told that it was one of the largest state fair in the nation. I wonder if that is true? He spent whole day there and he didn't finish them all. (including rides, booths, and etc.)

ms giglz... if u ever leave i cry.. i wanna get a change to visit ya.. and hey! minnesota isn't alone that have budget problems...

San Diego State Fair

Our state fair (for SOuthern California) had ended MONTHS ago-- June 14 to July 5th.... It recently was renamed to San Diego State Fair rather than its trademark of "Del Mar State Fair"... in spite of new don, the folks around San Diego still calls it "The Del Mar Fair"... I love the exhibitions at the fair-- the plants, flowers, art, rocks, et cetera. I used to be crazy about the rides but after I turned 16, i got too old quickly and wasn't able to stand the dizziness. The tickets cost 10.50 a pop... it skyrocketed from 6 bucks back in.... 1999 or 1998-- not sure of the date. Usually on the first day of fair, they sell tickets for a buck worth at local grocery stores-- it is best to buy fair tickets from Vons and Albertsons rather than at the ticketing booth there. :)

I do recommend all of you to hit Del Mar Fair when you are in town around late of June to early of July.... it is a fun experience! (two years, my artwork from my highschool was exhibited... unfortunately i got second place. :mad: ah, c'est la vie)

yes our is at Cal Expo the State Fair. I am NOT going. its a waste of money and it may be big but they try to ge tmore money from you. it should be free to get in cuz you have to spend almost 100 in there....... not for me....

DeafSCUBA98 said:
ms giglz... if u ever leave i cry.. i wanna get a change to visit ya.. and hey! minnesota isn't alone that have budget problems...

aww (sniffs).. let me know if you are planning to Twin cities for deaf events or something.. i would love to meet you!!..

Well I am fed up here.. :/ that involves with child support services.. anyhow it didnt go well.. (again).. so i lost my patiences.. and for almost 10 years being single mom (total).. they turned me down or not accepted me to have low income housing or medical assistances or some assistances.. so i have been spending my $ on regular basis .. without those programs.. so I fed up and need a break.. my rent went up to almost 1,300 (in few months).. for only 3 bedrooms and not include ulitities.. eek! :)

well anyways.. I will be more happy to move and be around with my man's friends and families.. its time for me !!!!

Back