Starting October 1, 2008 - not sure if true or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChelEler

Reaction score
Hey... a friend of mine informed me this, and I'm concerned. Not sure if it's true or not. Need your feedback and more information. Thank you.

link
another link

Well, it could happen and I am not surprised if, I already knew. I read many books from the past about the Government and what they plan for the future. For your information, the scenario is not goin' to be pretty.

I didn't know IF, it will start October 1st. Will just have to wait and see....

Ummm, somethin' just comes up in my mind -- why would they announce it on Oct. 1st ? Does that mean they are goin' to do somethin' bad to civilians ?

Ahh, I just come back from another thread. It is possible that it has somethin' to do with this :dunno: You be the judge.

http://www.alldeaf.com/war-political-news/57111-mccain-suspends-his-campaign.html

I apologize if it is off-topic but, it could be with this link what it announces. Please, read it and maybe, you will know why ? There's somethin' goin' on out there due to financial crisis. It will cause riots everywhere when it happens.

Look somehow related to 9/11 terrorist attack. Could it be a coincidence?

:zzz: to believe it is like you actually believe what Bill O'Reilly says

October 1 is always the first day of the Federal fiscal year. Many new laws, policies, and pay schedules begin on that date.

:zzz: to believe it is like you actually believe what Bill O'Reilly says

**nodding agreement**

It may be true to some extent, but it's all in the interpretation. What is intended may not be martial law, but some groups may be "sounding the alarm"... It's stupid. :roll:

I linked to this same report from CNN to the Army's webpage. Apparently, it is true.

October 1 is always the first day of the Federal fiscal year. Many new laws, policies, and pay schedules begin on that date.

Really ?

Nope, it's a bogus website. We'd have to be under serious distress (military attack, terrorist assault, country-wide rioting, etc.) for that to be initiated.

Devil advocate: Lincoln did the same thing, didn't he? Called martial law during civil war, etc.

Share the link please?

I'd love to, but I read the report several days ago. Google the Army's homepage. It should get you there. I found it through linking to a story on CNN that is no longer there.

Thats some pretty misunderstood interpretation! LOL Just because legislation was passed as to how the government will initiate martial law does not mean it will occur. I wouldn't be surprised if idiots are thinking up weird scenarios as their interpretation of the gov't bailout situation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back