Started an ignore list for the FIRST TIME in my life

Dennis S.

Reaction score
In an effort to keep myself interested in AllDeaf, I've decided to do what I HATE to do and start an ignore list.

In my 5+ years of messageboard usage, I've NEVER used an ignore list. My philosophy is, if you have to ignore a poster's posts, it means that you're censoring information from yourself. However, you STILL CAN'T IGNORE someone if someone ELSE quotes what they say!

I'm tired of the broken record of trolling that has been happening around here. I've come to love forums where moderator makes it clear that getting banned takes a lot, but when you cross the line trolling, you're out in a flash.

If anything, I'm still planning on taking a hiatus from AllDeaf. Perhaps I just need to step back and let the stupidity run its course.

Dennis,

Am I on your ignore list too?...

:jaw: ~ whoa... Its works.. wow.. but where ?

I did typed about other thread i was wrote suggest click ignore list... but wasnt' aware know about this alldeaf.com has ingore list button ??

wow Dennis.. you're the first person and tell everyones that you're *click* ignore list!

Impressed!

I use the ignored list many times started last month off and on, It still doesn't help because if someone quote that person's post then You still could read what that person is saying. I think it is not worth it.

Cheri said:
I use the ignored list many times started last month off and on, It still doesn't help because if someone quote that person's post then You still could read what that person is saying. I think it is not worth it.

You did? but where ?

I would like to know where is ignore list?? Just wanna curiouis... :confused:

Bullym0m said:
You did? but where ?

I would like to know where is ignore list?? Just wanna curiouis... :confused:

Yes, Click on someone's screen name and It will pull up their profile, on the right hand side you will see a blue small bar it says " Put "person's name" on ignored" Click that and then it will pull up another page and then you press submit.

Cheri said:
Yes, Go to someone's screen name and below their screen name on the right you will see a little bar it says " Put "screename" on ignored" press that then click save.

Ahhh... Great Thanks Cheri... Now I know where is it.. btw in case near my future "magic word".

I remembered you mentioned that ignore list isn't working as well... Why don't try ask Alex and can fix the bugs ? I don't know... how works as well...

btw... :ty:

Bullym0m said:
Ahhh... Great Thanks Cheri... Now I know where is it.. btw in case near my future "magic word".

I remembered you mentioned that ignore list isn't working as well... Why don't try ask Alex and can fix the bugs ? I don't know... how works as well...

btw... :ty:

Oh It works, but it doesn't work if someone decide to quote someone's post that you blocked, You could still read the quote that someone copy and paste. That is what I was talking about. :)

Cheri said:
Oh It works, but it doesn't work if someone decide to quote someone's post that you blocked, You could still read the quote that someone copy and paste. That is what I was talking about. :)

Ahhhh... Got it.. Great thanks for your explaination here...
Thank you again... :ty:

I think it's a good idea, there is some problems with it but overall I like it

Dennis said:
In an effort to keep myself interested in AllDeaf, I've decided to do what I HATE to do and start an ignore list.

In my 5+ years of messageboard usage, I've NEVER used an ignore list. My philosophy is, if you have to ignore a poster's posts, it means that you're censoring information from yourself. However, you STILL CAN'T IGNORE someone if someone ELSE quotes what they say!

I'm tired of the broken record of trolling that has been happening around here. I've come to love forums where moderator makes it clear that getting banned takes a lot, but when you cross the line trolling, you're out in a flash.

If anything, I'm still planning on taking a hiatus from AllDeaf. Perhaps I just need to step back and let the stupidity run its course.

same here ^ :roll: cuz i feel it is not getting any better sheesh.. and instead of enjoying it.. it is really draining/aggravating.. :ugh:

Cheri said:

thats the problem!! i dont even want to see anyone's posts TO HIM!! SHEESH... so the IGNORE button is really worthless cuz of that!! AD needs to work on that part to make their memeber happier cuz many of us are MISERABLE!! :thumbd: some good people have already left.. and that is a bad sign! :thumbd: and i am on the verge of going : :bye: too cuz i dont see anything being done... sorry guys but those AD rules mean NOTHING to me anymore..

I don't see the purpose of this thread. If you want to ignore someone, go right ahead but there's no need to announce it. Take a break if you have to, no one's forcing you to stay.

Keeping all members happy is impossible but I have to admit that the mods and I try to make it otherwise. If you don't think we're not doing our "jobs" and aren't happy with the way things are run at AD, then please feel free to leave.

The forum rules do mean something, and even though I'm a flexible guy, sometimes I don't ban some members when they should have been banned forever. So sue me. If I should ban someone for trolling or going off topic too much, then maybe I should ban the majority of our members as well. Think about it, many of us go off-topic quite often and so do I. If I should ban someone for name calling or for making rude comments, then maybe I should also ban those that talked back or for being cute just to piss the other member off. Don't report on someone to the moderators if YOU can't follow the forum rules either. You're not helping us do our jobs and you can't blame us for trying to be fair and neutral in these kind of situations.

We appreciate the reports we get from our members. I, for one, do take these reports seriously. I look at the posts reported, see if any rules have been broken, and I give out warnings if I have to. If I have warned a member more than 3 times for breaking a particular forum rule, believe me I will make sure they are banned. I have seen how member1 reports on member2 for making a rude post, but when I check the thread I also see that member2 is also making a rude post back. If member2 complains that member1 should have been banned a long time ago, then maybe I should do the same with member2. I've seen it happen a lot and, frankly, it's bullshit.

Seriously, why don't you try running your own forum before telling me that I'm not doing my job well or if my rules don't mean nothing or if AD sucks ass lately. Go ahead, create your own community and see how hard it is to try to manage a forum and all its aspects. I've seen people try and their deaf forums failed. My point is, no matter what there will be times when we can't please each and every member at AD. The moderators and I try to resolve any problems and complaints there are. Maybe not right away, because remember we have other things to do in real life, but eventually we're here for our community. Give us a chance, help us out, and let us do our jobs. Like someone said in another post, leaving AD isn't the answer.

Alex, I appreciate that you take the notifications seriously from members who are reporting people who are violating the PGs for AllDeaf. I just guess it's gotten to the point where dealing with trolls is just getting escalated to:

1) Community moderates / self corrects
2) Report the troll to full moderators
3) Ignore the troll

Yeah, I hate when somebody said they are putting me on
their ignore list...

like I care...

but then that somebody read the quote of what I have written...
and that somebody reply to my thread...
And I don't like that....
because I can't reply to that somebody.

But sometimes when I put somebody on the ignore list...
then someone would reply to that somebody....
Then I would get lost.... because it would get OFF TOPIC or
somebody made a good point.

So what is the use, to have an ignore button.

But anyway... why not just don't read that person's thread or
post...

Trolling post doesn't bother me... but
if the MODS ban him, then this forum would be bored and be no fun.
Because he is the only one that make this forum comes alive.
But if he is gone, then this forum will be dead, and I will think, where is everybody?

Miss*Pinocchio said:
But if he is gone, then this forum will be dead, and I will think, where is everybody?

:::strungs::::: *pressing blocked perm*

Miss*Pinocchio said:
AD forums was still alive before he came along and it's still alive, if he leave, it will be still alive, you dont know much about many of AD members here who have been in here for long time than you or him, it doesn't affect me anything, I just enjoy coming to AD to read posts... have a nice day!

:wave: seems like everyone is putting me on ingore list :cry: cuz no one see my posts above on this thread :cry:

DeafSCUBA98 said:
:wave: seems like everyone is putting me on ingore list :cry: cuz no one see my posts above on this thread :cry:

I saw it I thought you were joking when you asked that question. If you were serious read up I just showed Bullymom how to press ignored. ;)

Back