Start my own business

What about Esty or something like that? Yea Ebay do have a fees...hate it! :roll:
create a different thread and I'll help you! ;) really, verrry easy, only 2 small fees, cheap--I'm loving it so far!

Etsy :: Fees

yup, that's right, skeptic, etsy . com is known the best handmade stuff online! you can find most creepy, irky and awesomie stuff up there!

Hubby thinks I need to try and sell my handmade cards. I'm not sure. At one point, we were planning on doing homemade doll clothes for a variety of sizes. Me with the sewing (all hand stitched) and mom knitting. That didn't pan out, so now hubby wants me to try my cards.

Hubby thinks I need to try and sell my handmade cards. I'm not sure. At one point, we were planning on doing homemade doll clothes for a variety of sizes. Me with the sewing (all hand stitched) and mom knitting. That didn't pan out, so now hubby wants me to try my cards.

that is nice! :D

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

Im starting from small and work the way up, pretty much. Yes, the competition is pretty hot on some of the items. I bought a USB sync cable for my phone for only 7 cents...yes you heard that right.

I bought a voltage converter for a measy 1 cent....yes, you heard that right. :laugh2:

NO idea but I wanted do the same thing too! But I have 11 months old to chase after.....and babysit 4x a week sometimes more than that.

*sigh* I would love to earn some extra cash!

BTW Wish you best of luck! :)

Bring a laptop with you, whenever you go, it is that easy or if you have iphone, it has ebay application.

What about Esty or something like that? Yea Ebay do have a fees...hate it! :roll:

Don't we all? It is part of life, and ebay needs money to keep the business going and maintain the servers - that goes the same to Paypal too. No big deal.

1. or you can buy one that's on sale... or has rebate.... and then sell it at below full price.
2. or you can hunting around at garage sales or flea market... and then sell it higher
3. ebay allows only 1 free photo and then they charge you for additional photos so upload your photos to your own site and then link it.
4. it's good idea to add $2-3 more to S/H fee

IMO - you'd probably profit more on antiques than electronic accessories and small electronics. Check around certain categories in ebay to get some idea what to sell. meanwhile - it doesn't hurt to sell comp-related stuff as well.

There is a lot of comp -related stuff and they are pretty common and the prices are various, depending on seller's decision and its availability stock.

I have sold few items on ebay such as one of my monitors (Yes, Jiro, I sold one of them :()

My cousin sells her handmade stuff on some kind of website I forgot name. :) It doesn't hurt to try selling your handmade artwork to your friends and family and also your friends of friends, too. One of a guy made tiny ILY symbols out of soda pop cans with magnets on behind. I thought it was cool and interesting.

Seq, one of my friends' has her own business online. Not sure if its on Ebay. She seems to be doing well with sales.

Bring a laptop with you, whenever you go, it is that easy or if you have iphone, it has ebay application.

that kinda defeats the purpose of having "extra cash".... laptop + iphone = $$$

GL with your cards.

that kinda defeats the purpose of having "extra cash".... laptop + iphone = $$$
Yes, but if they already have one, and its always on the move, there's always alternative to go on ebay.

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

I have been thinking about start my own eBay store. I've been wondering how much to invest to get it going. I want to do on electronic accessories and small electronics.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Well, trust me, it is not good idea. I recommend you to research how to start a business and observe companies or to take college classes like license, law policies, logic structure about business, and other requirement courses. You better trust with my another option that you grab friends to be on a team work with you on your own project to expand the businesses. Most of business stores are required to have a license. My dream is already coming on the path. Take my advice because I already know everything about business and law. I rather make a team work than sole ownership like Gay Bill Gate.

If you want to sell a lot of goods, then why not try at Craiglist.org? Craiglist > Ebay. Ebay is too slow to get a thing and wasted a lot of times to bid.

OOOH that would be cool... no harm in trying, right???

Well, trust me, it is not good idea. I recommend you to research how to start a business and observe companies or to take college classes like license, law policies, logic structure about business, and other requirement courses. You better trust with my another option that you grab friends to be on a team work with you on your own project to expand the businesses. Most of business stores are required to have a license. My dream is already coming on the path. Take my advice because I already know everything about business and law. I rather make a team work than sole ownership like Gay Bill Gate.

If you want to sell a lot of goods, then why not try at Craiglist.org? Craiglist > Ebay. Ebay is too slow to get a thing and wasted a lot of times to bid.

You don't have to graduate with all that mumbo jumbo to own a successful business. I know.. My mother didnt finish high school and yet she owns a business that does business internationally.

You don't have to graduate with all that mumbo jumbo to own a successful business. I know.. My mother didnt finish high school and yet she owns a business that does business internationally.

That's right. I am surprised you would even respond to such nonsense.

My dad never graduated from high school and he ran his own businesses in the past.

You don't have to set up a bid on eBay. You can sell items at bulk prices with buy now option or set up no bid with buy now only option. Steve Jobs started Apple right out of the garage and he smoked pot in the '70s. Look at him now. It's all about smarts, not only education.

Yea, dont forget Bill Gates, he is Harvard drop out student and that set himself on route to one of top riches.

My dad never graduated from high school and he ran his own businesses in the past.

You don't have to set up a bid on eBay. You can sell items at bulk prices with buy now option or set up no bid with buy now only option. Steve Jobs started Apple right out of the garage and he smoked pot in the '70s. Look at him now. It's all about smarts, not only education.

OOOH that would be cool... no harm in trying, right???

Got to get the supplies and stash unpacked. Luckily I kept all of the adhesives and stickers in the house. Also, the chalk, the sealer for the chalk, glitter and paint and all that type of stuff was also kept in the house and not the garage.

Yea, dont forget Bill Gates, he is Harvard drop out student and that set himself on route to one of top riches.
right. and even those who graduated still could not get the business started. it's all about intelligence, if you have that intelligence then that's your skill. I don't believe in degrees, they're such a waste; timing your education. :roll:

Back