Star Wars The Force Awaken in subtitle somewhere? Flint or Saginaw area?

wilykat

Reaction score
I want to watch this movie but none of the local theater has subtitle or caption technology. I am wondering if any of you know if there's a theater in Flint or Saginaw area that has SW7 with subtitle?

Already watched this once, yesterday at 7 and I want to watch it again. :D The book based on the film won't be out for a couple weeks :doh: There's kindle edition out but I don't have a way of reading that :(

Somewhere out in the galaxy they got some bloke who baddie with chronic asthma they not cured yet so sub title there must be.

I want to watch this movie but none of the local theater has subtitle or caption technology. I am wondering if any of you know if there's a theater in Flint or Saginaw area that has SW7 with subtitle?

Already watched this once, yesterday at 7 and I want to watch it again. :D The book based on the film won't be out for a couple weeks :doh: There's kindle edition out but I don't have a way of reading that :(

Hard to believe there isn't a local theater in Flint that has OC or equivalent technology....Flint being the site of a residential school for the deaf....

I just looked up a movie theater in Flint, Michigan called Flint West-14 and they show CC for Star Wars.......who knows how accurate their website is....

I recommend contacting the theatre directly to confirm. Also, unless it is opened captions, most theatres have a limited number of caption devices and in popular locations or popular movies they can run out.

I recommend contacting the theatre directly to confirm. Also, unless it is opened captions, most theatres have a limited number of caption devices and in popular locations or popular movies they can run out.

If it is OC for certain showings, then no devices are needed.....

There is a theater in Lansing MI (Lansing Mall) and Flint MI (Temecula Stadium 15 and Rave Cinemas Flint West)

All of them have CC capabilities (most likely the glasses).

Thanks all, I didn't know there were a few in the area. I live close to Fostoria and Millington area and I usually went to Lapeer for movies. Those in Flint is a little further away but it'd be worth going there instead!

I'd love to see it but it's always way too piercing loud and yet I have no idea what everyone's saying - I catch it here and there but not enough to enjoy. No matter, I'll see it when it's on DVD. My home is way cleaner than the cinemas....

Laura

Thanks all, I didn't know there were a few in the area. I live close to Fostoria and Millington area and I usually went to Lapeer for movies. Those in Flint is a little further away but it'd be worth going there instead!
If you want to find one closer check out www.regmovies.com and put in your city or zip code- it will pop up the ones closest to that.

Just came back from Flint West 14 (and a quick stop at nearby Walmart) I was able to properly enjoy Force Awakens. They use Captiview: http://www.doremilabs.com/products/cinema-products-2/captiview/

They did have a little trouble at the start, I was stuck on "Not found. Searching..." for a while, I think they forgot to start the wireless caption broadcast system for the day. After I told them of the issue, it started working a few minutes later. Actual image of their Captiview at their theater: http://i.imgur.com/LgB6AnR.jpg (dear MPAA, the picture behind the Captiview is one of the commercial, the main feature didn't start yet so there's no copyright violation :P )

If you want to find one closer check out www.regmovies.com and put in your city or zip code- it will pop up the ones closest to that.
:ty:
I show zero from around 48435. it is rather rural area so I'd have to poke around in a few nearby zip codes to see if there's one closer or not. Flint West 14 shows to be about 25 miles from where I live.

Welcome. :)

Ohh I haven't had the opportunity to try the captiview yet.. wish I could but the local Regal only has the caption glasses. I've had the same trouble as you with the glasses sometimes not working lol. Had the battery die on me at least once (thankfully near the END of the movie) as well as flashing text meaning the system wasn't turned on.

Just came home from watching it in D.C. with open captioning with my family. The movie theater was full of Deaf/HH people. Saw some old faces.

Just came home from watching it in D.C. with open captioning with my family. The movie theater was full of Deaf/HH people. Saw some old faces.
I just checked Captionfish for DC theaters with open captions and it showed none. What's the name of the theater?

Went to see this movie last night, it was really good. I didn't use cc but my husband got so mad at me when I asked him for every other word lol, might have to try cc at the theaters some time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

I am surprised that so many places are hard to find cc... I live in bfe and they had them...

I am surprised that so many places are hard to find cc... I live in bfe and they had them...
No, there are many places with CC (Sony glasses or Captiview) but it is hard to find places with OC.

Had Star Wars in OC in our city a week or so ago and we (deaf) took over 4 of the Regal16 theatres......

Back